Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As for the HONDA CLASSIC

Started by Iwastherein1969, February 25, 2016, 05:58:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 02, 2016, 08:10:24 am
Child labor laws, idiot.

Well they apparently didn't have any sexual harassment laws back then..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: clutch on March 01, 2016, 09:07:59 am
Why would members lie about course conditions to make it sound tougher than the actual truth? Because they are golfers and golfers stretch the truth. The USGA doesn't come in and make courses easier.

The following is from an article.

"You read that last sentence correctly: The members play the course with faster greens and higher rough than the pros will see at the national championship. With the pros playing 4-inch rough (5-6 inches for the members) and weirdly sloping greens Stimping at 13 to 13.5 (14 or higher for members), Lee Trevino famously and candidly noted years ago, "They could give the club three weeks notice to host the Open and they would be ready. It's the only club that can say that."

http://news.cybergolf.com/golf_news/is_oakmont_really_such_a_monster

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 02, 2016, 09:17:46 pm
The following is from an article.

"You read that last sentence correctly: The members play the course with faster greens and higher rough than the pros will see at the national championship. With the pros playing 4-inch rough (5-6 inches for the members) and weirdly sloping greens Stimping at 13 to 13.5 (14 or higher for members), Lee Trevino famously and candidly noted years ago, "They could give the club three weeks notice to host the Open and they would be ready. It's the only club that can say that."

http://news.cybergolf.com/golf_news/is_oakmont_really_such_a_monster
again what's at stake for the members?  A $100 Nassau?  Holmes, please

PP

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 02, 2016, 10:39:24 pm
again what's at stake for the members?  A $100 Nassau?  Holmes, please

PP

There is a poster over on golfwrx.com in the U.S. Open at Oakmont thread that seems to know some of the inner workings at Oakmont.  He said Oakmont is one of the very few Clubs that the USGA can't push around when it comes to green speed and the length of the second cut of rough for an U.S. Open.  He said the Board at Oakmont wants the green speeds to be at their normal 14.5+ for the U.S. Open, but the USGA comes to a "compromise" at around 13.5 on the Stimpmeter.

The following shows the normal speed of the greens at Oakmont (make sure to have your volume on and turned up to hear what the person on the video says).

GolfNut57

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 10, 2016, 09:56:50 pm
There is a poster over on golfwrx.com in the U.S. Open at Oakmont thread that seems to know some of the inner workings at Oakmont.  He said Oakmont is one of the very few Clubs that the USGA can't push around when it comes to green speed and the length of the second cut of rough for an U.S. Open.  He said the Board at Oakmont wants the green speeds to be at their normal 14.5+ for the U.S. Open, but the USGA comes to a "compromise" at around 13.5 on the Stimpmeter.

The following shows the normal speed of the greens at Oakmont (make sure to have your volume on and turned up to hear what the person on the video says).

Now what are the odds that that posters alter ego is GoHogs1091 on Hogville?  8)

Btw, that video sucks as there is no way  to tell if the putt was downhill or not. Mt Springs at Greystone has a hole that does the very same thing. If you are above the hole on #17 with the pin on the back all you have to do is just touch the ball and it will still roll all the way off the front of the green.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 10, 2016, 09:56:50 pm

fast or sloped?  video proves nothing.

if you can remember what a commentator said on television in 2007, why can't you remember that I'm deaf...so turning up the volume is not an option for me.

PP

clutch

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 11, 2016, 10:51:18 am

if you can remember what a commentator said on television in 2007, why can't you remember that I'm deaf...so turning up the volume is not an option for me.

PP

Sounded like the wind was blowing really hard.

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on March 11, 2016, 01:02:27 pm
Sounded like the wind was blowing really hard.

That was Perry......or the Ghost of Perry.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 11, 2016, 10:51:18 am

PP

I apologize.

I did not know that you are deaf.

I only said in my post to turn up the volume because the person in the video talks about how far away from the hole is the putt and he talks about how far away the ball ends up from the hole.  He also says that he barely touched the putt.

Again, I apologize.  I can't imagine how difficult life would be not being able to hear.  Much kudos and respect to you and I sincerely hope the deafness gets ended and that you will be able to hear.     

Dillar Dog

After reading your posts for the last few years he probably wishes he was blind.

ricepig

Quote from: Dillar Dog on March 12, 2016, 09:11:35 am
After reading your posts for the last few years he probably wishes he was blind.

+1,000,000,000 when Doug turns back on the Karma, POY!

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2016, 11:53:02 am
As an aside, I'm just imagining what several selected posts over the last few months and years might feel like in Braille.

Tavern, or Vents & Rumors?

root_hawg

Looked like fast to hole, slope afterwards plus a good deal of wind