Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mickelson

Started by EastexHawg, February 14, 2016, 10:43:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

If there's anyone out there better than me at Super Mario Kart, I haven't met them.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boog41

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 17, 2016, 10:30:37 am
I was all-world on Frogger in the pre-video game days at college.

What that has to do with Mickelson, I haven't a clue.

Frogger and Galaga were the only two games I ever played. I've never once played a game on a television.

I always found it odd that after you got by so many levels on Frogger that it actually slowed way down and got easier.

Dillar Dog

I can beat anyone here at nhl 93.

I found a secret in the game and can score when I feel like it.

EastexHawg

I have never known anyone who could beat me at either Ms. Pac Man or Galaga, or at least anyone who could beat me back then.  We used to go to a bar that had a sit down Ms. Pac Man game, drink pitchers all night, and play it.  One night the boyfriend of the bartender, a former Green Beret who used to sit there and shoot the Shiite with us, said, "I'll give y'all each $50 to come to Longview with me one night next week."

When we asked why, he said, "Because I told a couple of friends of mine over there that I know two guys who can drink six pitchers of beer between them and both still score over 120,000 ten games in a row on Ms. Pac Man.  They bet me $100 each that I was lying and you can't do it."

I actually figured out the pattern to original Pac Man.  I could run off as many boards in a row as I wanted without losing.  One night I kept going so long I fell asleep while playing it.

rickm1976

Quote from: Boog41 on February 16, 2016, 11:09:39 am
It does make more sense for Feherty to be on the golf channel. It sure seemed odd hearing him with Johnny Miller though.

And speaking of Miller. I personally dislike him more than Faldo. He is so negative.

I agree with you 100% on that.  I've heard him criticize the strategy of guys who have won way more majors than his two, and talk as if they didn't know what they were doing.  He is twice as smug as Faldo.

GolfNut57

Speaking of old football games how about the one where you had to set up the football players and just turn on the board. The players movement was propelled by the vibrating of the board. One of the worst games ever made imo.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ricepig

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 17, 2016, 04:54:13 pm
Speaking of old football games how about the one where you had to set up the football players and just turn on the board. The players movement was propelled by the vibrating of the board. One of the worst games ever made imo.

Wrong, absolutely the best game in the mid 60's. It took great skill to brush their "cleats" just right to have them move as you wished, putting the dominant guys in the flying wedge, and it took remarkable skill to pass that felt shaped football and have it hit your man.

Boog41

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 17, 2016, 04:54:13 pm
Mine is still in my parents attic. Colts vs Jets in the 68 or 69 super bowl.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 17, 2016, 05:22:56 pm
Wrong, absolutely the best game in the mid 60's. It took great skill to brush their "cleats" just right to have them move as you wished, putting the dominant guys in the flying wedge, and it took remarkable skill to pass that felt shaped football and have it hit your man.

Mine was 49ers vs. Giants.  I guess I never learned how to brush those cleats the right way 'cause all my guys ever did was lock arms and do doe-see-doe's in a circle.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 17, 2016, 09:02:54 pm
Mine was 49ers vs. Giants.  I guess I never learned how to brush those cleats the right way 'cause all my guys ever did was lock arms and do doe-see-doe's in a circle.

A buddy and I had every team. I think the Packers and Giants may have come with the game, but we ordered blank teams, and then painted them. That model airplane paint was strong, lol.

Yeah, it took some "expertise" to do those cleats. I had a guy that was perfect for a reverse, he'd get you about 10-15yards every time, that was unless he wasn't tackled until he circled back to the line of scrimmage, lol.

Boog41

I never figured it out at all. I thought it was a big waste at the time.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 17, 2016, 09:15:36 pm
That model airplane paint was strong, lol

Well, that certainly explains a lot...
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 17, 2016, 09:28:16 pm

Yep. Bet ricepig picked the wrong time to sniff the airplane glue too.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 17, 2016, 09:02:54 pm

Didn't have the game myself hut when I played a friends game the ball carrier would just go OB 90% of the time.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 17, 2016, 09:28:16 pm

Now that you mentioned it, maybe I just thought those guys were running the Lombardi power sweep.....

EastexHawg

I had Cowboys vs. Rams.  I think my sister sold it in a garage sale when I left for college...along with about 10,000 of my football and baseball cards, including a lot of rookie cards like Tom Seaver and Johnny Bench.  Luckily I took a stack of cards with me, including my Topps Brian Piccolo and Nolan Ryan when he was a young reliever with the Mets.

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 17, 2016, 10:12:13 pm
I had Cowboys vs. Rams.  I think my sister sold it in a garage sale when I left for college...along with about 10,000 of my football and baseball cards, including a lot of rookie cards like Tom Seaver and Johnny Bench.  Luckily I took a stack of cards with me, including my Topps Brian Piccolo and Nolan Ryan when he was a young reliever with the Mets.

Johnny Sain was our neighbor, my older brothers got a lot of signed cards from him during his different coaching stops, Mantle and Maris from the Yankees, Killebrew from the Twins, etc. We managed to keep the majority, but I put a Killebrew, Lolich, McLain, and maybe a few more on my bicycle spokes for noise around 1970, little did I know.

EastexHawg

To show you how old my electric football game was, when I applied the stick on numbers my Cowboys QB was Don Meredith and his wideouts were Bob Hayes and Lance Rentzel.

I wish I had it now.  I would find a place to set it up in my house.

Every time I got a dime I would ride my bike to the little store down the road and buy trading cards.  I had to have almost complete sets of football and baseball cards for several years in a row starting with about 1966.  I also had other cards like the "Man On The Moon" set.

I can still remember what a lot of the cards looked like.  For instance, one year of the football set had some players in what we might now call "landscape" orientation...like Boyd Fowler, Elijah Pitts, and Billy Cannon.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 18, 2016, 12:28:34 pm
To show you how old my electric football game was, when I applied the stick on numbers my Cowboys QB was Don Meredith and his wideouts were Bob Hayes and Lance Rentzel.

I wish I had it now.  I would find a place to set it up in my house.

Every time I got a dime I would ride my bike to the little store down the road and buy trading cards.  I had to have almost complete sets of football and baseball cards for several years in a row starting with about 1966.  I also had other cards like the "Man On The Moon" set.

I can still remember what a lot of the cards looked like.  For instance, one year of the football set had some players in what we might now call "landscape" orientation...like Boyd Dowler, Elijah Pitts, and Billy Cannon.

For Rentzel's to be true to life, shouldn't he be showing his junk to people?

Fixt Dowler for you.

Boog41

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 18, 2016, 01:05:40 pm

Fixt Dowler for you.

Married to Joey Heatherton and he was out acting like a dbag. Remember this old fan favorite?? "Don't worry if we're still down in the fourth quarter. Ol' Lance will pull it out."

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 18, 2016, 01:05:40 pm

Fixt Dowler for you.

Yep, typo on Dowler.  I wrote that post on my smart phone.  Auto correct probably got me.  One time I tried to text one of my friends that it was sleeting.  I don't remember what it changed "sleet" to, but my buddy wondered if I was speaking in tongues.

Lance Rentzel was a heck of a receiver.  Too bad he was also nutty as a fruitcake.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 18, 2016, 01:39:21 pm
Yep, typo on Dowler.  I wrote that post on my smart phone.  Auto correct probably got me.  One time I tried to text one of my friends that it was sleeting.  I don't remember what it changed "sleet" to, but my buddy wondered if I was speaking in tongues.

Lance Rentzel was a heck of a receiver.  Too bad he was also nutty as a fruitcake.

For a long period there, it seemed like the Cowboys would always have one reliable, All-Pro type receiver and then complement him with somebody flamboyant.

Bob Hayes - Lance Rentzel
Drew Pearson - Golden Richards

Again, what this has to do with Mickelson, I simply don't know..

majestic

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 17, 2016, 04:06:16 pm
I have never known anyone who could beat me at either Ms. Pac Man or Galaga,
Ya, I know the Galaga trick with the two bees, too. I could play that until I literally got tired of playing it.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

HSVhogfan2

How did Phil do today? I'm out of the loop.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 06, 2016, 05:43:49 pm
How did Phil do today? I'm out of the loop.

He teased again.  Stayed in contention all day but couldn't make the 10-12 footers he had to have, then butchered the 18th when he had to have birdie to even have a chance.  He finished in the top 5 though.

Jackrabbit Hog

Phil just missed his second consecutive cut (at Valero Texas Open), pretty badly at that.

Seems like a long time ago that he had that good start to the season. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 22, 2016, 02:21:18 pm
Phil just missed his second consecutive cut (at Valero Texas Open), pretty badly at that.

From what I can tell he was driving it all over the place.  He averaged about 315 off the tee but it seems like he may need to dial it back a little and, you know, maybe consider hitting a fairway now and then.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 22, 2016, 02:21:18 pm

You know, these guys are like the rest of us duffers, except much much better. They lose it at times, and basically try to make hay on the weeks they've got it all together, like me breaking 85.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 22, 2016, 03:33:54 pm
You know, these guys are like the rest of us differs, except much much better. They lose it at times, and basically try to make hay on the weeks they've got it all together, like me breaking 85.

That's like saying I look a lot like Brad Pitt, except he's much handsomer.

I can live with that.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 22, 2016, 03:28:58 pm
From what I can tell he was driving it all over the place.  He averaged about 315 off the tee but it seems like he may need to dial it back a little and, you know, maybe consider hitting a fairway now and then.

I blame you. He was playing pretty dang good until you started picking him to win.

EastexHawg

Quote from: clutch on April 22, 2016, 09:30:06 pm
I blame you. He was playing pretty dang good until you started picking him to win.

He can blame himself for not winning this past weekend.  A little over 200 yards from the hole on 18 on Saturday...and makes 8.  He was a few feet off the green hitting 4 after putting his second shot in the water and took five shots from there.  I didn't get to see what happened because TV coverage went off, but Phil butchered that hole...I would guess from being overly aggressive and trying to hole everything. 

If he hits his second shot right of the hole, or even right of the green, and takes three to get down for a bogey he wins the tournament.  As it was, despite the quad to finish his third round he finished two strokes out of the playoff.

Typical Phil.

ricepig

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 09, 2016, 09:22:22 am
He can blame himself for not winning this past weekend.  A little over 200 yards from the hole on 18 on Saturday...and makes 8.  He was a few feet off the green hitting 4 after putting his second shot in the water and took five shots from there.  I didn't get to see what happened because TV coverage went off, but Phil butchered that hole...I would guess from being overly aggressive and trying to hole everything. 

If he hits his second shot right of the hole, or even right of the green, and takes three to get down for a bogey he wins the tournament.  As it was, despite the quad to finish his third round he finished two strokes out of the playoff.

Typical Phil.

You are assuming he doesn't take an 8 somewhere, some time on Sunday, he may or may not have won, lol.

Jackrabbit Hog

Phil is the Ricky Bobby of professional golf.  He only knows one speed.