Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Fastest 40

Started by notavol, January 17, 2018, 07:49:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

notavol

Has worn us out tonight. Hands are down,  walking down the court, not rebounding, low energy, uninspired. Can we please get rid of this dumb slogan about the fastest 40?
In CBP I trust !

010HogFan

code red

This team will not play in the NCAA TOURNAMENT horrible defense....very selfish.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

BroyledNutts

Cambridge Hog

who can drink a 40 the fastest?

cardsNhogs

HogBreath

Love the exciting fast forty..it's our trademark, our birthright, it's who we are.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Mr. Porkleone

BannerMountainMan

Everybody knows I like Mike and defend him but one thing he has to do is to stop double teaming why does he not understand that...that probably allows 11 or 12 wide open shots a game.. that's huge..
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Kevin

the fastest to turn the channel to watch other games
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

3of5-2

Florida's 40 was faster than ours. Ours played out around 28-30.

Justifiable Hogicide

Forty Minutes of Fool's Gold

Breems

This reminds me of Breems' amazing joke to Mike Anderson several years ago. 423 Hogville points to whoever can remember it.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Porknoxville

Hmmmm...
I'll take 40 minutes of hell any day over this crap.
Love me some Nolan right now! My fav NR quote:

"How do you kill an ant?....... WITH A BIGASS SLEDGEHAMMER!"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Breems on January 17, 2018, 09:37:44 pm
This reminds me of Breems' amazing joke to Mike Anderson several years ago. 423 Hogville points to whoever can remember it.

"That's the fastest 40 pictures I've ever taken."

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

synthartist69

Quote from: notavol on January 17, 2018, 07:49:15 pm
Has worn us out tonight. Hands are down,  walking down the court, not rebounding, low energy, uninspired. Can we please get rid of this dumb slogan about the fastest 40?
I agree.. that is so such a stupid slogan.

Sivad

It is a weak attempt to glam on to the memory of 40 Minutes of Hell.
So actually it fits like a glove.

BassinHawg

Fastest Forty because they run out of time to win the game.

Kinda like the old saying, "Too much month at the end of the money"
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Soooie21

I'd settle for good ole fashion fundament team basketball....

Athog

Quote from: notavol on January 17, 2018, 07:49:15 pm

Un - coached Forty!!

respirback

The fastest 40 points allowed

99toLife

The Fastest forty minutes is the DUMBEST phrase I have ever heard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nolan's 40 minutes of hell originate from a players comment of practices that Nolan had and the media picked up on that and started calling Arkansas Basketball the Forty Minutes of Hell. Arkansas and UNLV had the most awesome scary basketball to watch back in the day!

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

Springfield_MO_Razorback

The fastest 40% from the ft line

Shot 6-15 Wednesday night at the line.

trippigs

Need to drop it along with uncommon......neither even close to a tradition in my book so let's move forward

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Soooie21 on January 19, 2018, 04:34:24 pm
I'd settle for good ole fashion fundament team basketball....
Wont be seeing any of that while we fight the "damn bear" with Mike.

Wild Bill Hog

It seems fast on AOL dial up.

southeasthog

Quote from: 99toLife on January 19, 2018, 07:01:55 pm
The Fastest forty minutes is the DUMBEST phrase I have ever heard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nolan's 40 minutes of hell originate from a players comment of practices that Nolan had and the media picked up on that and started calling Arkansas Basketball the Forty Minutes of Hell. Arkansas and UNLV had the most awesome scary basketball to watch back in the day!
"The first 40 minutes of my workouts is almost nothing to do with basketball - it's more conditioning drills," said Richardson. "Jump rope, we got a medicine ball, water balls, we run figure eights. We don't even shoot at the basket. So one of the player said, 'Hey coach, do we do this every day?' And I said, 'Yeah - you see how long it is.' I said, 'How long is a game?' He said, '40 minutes.' I said, 'We do it every day for 40 minutes then.' He said, 'Coach that's hell - that's like 40 minutes of hell.' I said, 'Oh really?' And I just dismissed it.

"Well, we weren't very good and we won a game one night and a news guy comes up to him and says to him, 'You guys put one together. Boy did you work and dive on the floor and did all this stuff.' He said, 'Yeah, we put 40 minutes of hell on 'em.' Well the news guy said, 'What?' So he comes to me and he said, 'Hey, this new 40 minutes of hell - where'd you get that from?' I said, 'I don't know what you're talking about.' He said, 'Well your player over there called it 40.' And I looked at him and it was Scott Rose - Scott was the guy that came up and asked me about the 40 minutes. I said, 'Oh I just told him about how hard it is for our practices.' He said, 'No he called it 40 Minutes of Hell basketball.' I said, 'Well, let's just call it 40 Minutes of Hell then.' And that's how it all got started.

https://www.swishappeal.com/2011/3/11/2044606/nolan-richardson-40-minutes-of-hell-arkansas-razorbacks
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.