Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front row experience behind the bench saturday.

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 23, 2017, 10:46:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

I saw players Morgan, Ramirez, and Agim trying to lead.
So I want to brag on that

I saw our defensive coordinator coaching his tail off every drive. I heard him take responsibility for the first td. He took the blame.

After that, not much good.

I saw players put their head down and give up when it was 7-0. 7-0 and they were done.

I saw players pointing the finger at each other. I saw others laughing and joking around when it was 38-6. Didn't seem to care.

I saw total confusion on the fake injury play and throughout the game. We were trying to sub as auburn was going hurry up. Assistant coaches were sending in players and our DC was pulling them back. Since none of our coaches were smart enough to call a timeout, Agim flopped to try to stop the play because he realized we were screwed. Of course, they walked in.

I saw very little coaching out of our head coach or offensive line coach.

I saw Agim come to the bench after another auburn td and just lose his crap on the rest of the defense for the lack of effort, only to have 2 coaches come tell him to calm down and sit down. Told him it's gonna be ok. At least he has some fire and cares. You don't see that out of our staff.

I saw the mother of one of our defensive players who sat beside me in tears. Said she didn't send her son here to get embarrassed and play in front of empty stadium. Said her son planned to transfer if there is not a change.

I saw a team that was small and slow compared to our opponent. We don't look like an sec team.

I saw a team quit, and mostly seemed disinterested in the game. I saw the same thing at the mizzou  bowl game after nutt quit, and the year of john l smith. This is a team with a lame duck coach. You can feel it.

I saw and heard the student section boo our head coach during introductions.

I saw the emptiest RRS I've ever seen.

I saw my 4 year old cheer on the hogs and call the hogs with all his heart. I hope for his sake we can improve the program.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SemperFi

Sounds like to me that this team mirrors their Head Coach and what a joke this man has turned out to be. If Jeff Long doesn't do what's right and fire this lump of crap then somebody needs to fire Jeff Long for a lack of control and failure to perform his duties as our AD. I was pissed before and now after reading this, which you cannot see on TV, I am furious now. The Razorbacks are part of my very being and I could never walk away from them, but dang if this doesn't make me want to.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Kevin

but the coach says we are close. so you must just be a hater
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Oklahawg

Good OP.

Toughest coaching job is not the "build from scratch" or the "maintain excellence." The toughest coaching job is keeping the team from bailing ship. That is CBB's task right now. I don't envy him - if he salvages a bowl then he has done something amazing. He'll have earned his chance for another season. I don't see him capable of that. Few are.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Redhogs

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 23, 2017, 10:46:59 am

I saw our defensive coordinator coaching his tail off every drive. I heard him take responsibility for the first td. He took the blame.

I saw players put their head down and give up when it was 7-0. 7-0 and they were done.

I saw players pointing the finger at each other. I saw others laughing and joking around when it was 38-6. Didn't seem to care.

I saw total confusion on the fake injury play and throughout the game. We were trying to sub as auburn was going hurry up. Assistant coaches were sending in players and our DC was pulling them back. Since none of our coaches were smart enough to call a timeout, Agim flopped to try to stop the play because he realized we were screwed. Of course, they walked in.

I saw Agim come to the bench after another auburn td and just lose his crap on the rest of the defense for the lack of effort, only to have 2 coaches come tell him to calm down and sit down. Told him it's gonna be ok. At least he has some fire and cares. You don't see that out of our staff.

I saw the mother of one of our defensive players who sat beside me in tears. Said she didn't send her son here to get embarrassed and play in front of empty stadium. Said her son planned to transfer if there is not a change.

I saw a team that was small and slow compared to our opponent. We don't look like an sec team.

I saw a team quit, and mostly seemed disinterested in the game. I saw the same thing at the mizzou  bowl game after nutt quit, and the year of john l smith. This is a team with a lame duck coach. You can feel it.

I saw my 4 year old cheer on the hogs and call the hogs with all his heart. I hope for his sake we can improve the program.
This makes me physically sick, not even kidding...soooo sad. Will somebody please step up and get the windbreaker the hell out of here now?? How in the hell is this being allowed to continue for one more second...is there no pride left anymore at the UofA??  Good god, how did we get this freaking pathetic? We would be losers in the MAC right now.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

online-with-swine

If this is the case, then Jeff Long has no choice but to fire him.  If he doesn't then Jeff Long should go as well.  Coach has lost the team and fans.

Redhogs

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 23, 2017, 11:01:36 am
Good OP.

Toughest coaching job is not the "build from scratch" or the "maintain excellence." The toughest coaching job is keeping the team from bailing ship. That is CBB's task right now. I don't envy him - if he salvages a bowl then he has done something amazing. He'll have earned his chance for another season. I don't see him capable of that. Few are.
You don't envy him? He is the prevayer of this ****show. Don't want him trying to do anything anymore, he's done enough, thank you..get him the hell out of here...NOW.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

LRHawg

If Long is smart he will fire CBB and place CPR as the interim, while we might can still turn this around to being bowl-eligible.

HawgWild

HawgWyld

Good OP.

If he salvages a bowl then he had done something amazing and has earned another season?

You are, of course, absolutely correct.

But, that's a mighty big "if."

hogcard1964

Good OP.

You're honestly of the belief that if he wins 6 games, he should be invited back?

Hogsmo Kramer

Good OP.

Bowl or no bowl he's earned nothing but a plane ticket out of Fayetteville.

As another poster said, get him the frank out of here.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hoggish1

Did you see Jeff Long?  He should read your post but he wouldn't get it.

zebradynasty

Good observation the sad thing is you could have stayed at home and saw the same thing! :-[ Anyway at least you putting your money where your mouth is!

Hoggish1

Quote from: SemperFi on October 23, 2017, 10:56:33 am
Sounds like to me that this team mirrors their Head Coach and what a joke this man has turned out to be. If Jeff Long doesn't do what's right and fire this lump of crap then somebody needs to fire Jeff Long for a lack of control and failure to perform his duties as our AD.

The replacement order goes like this:

Long
BB

Don't put the cart before the horse because it's the horse that got us into this not the cart who apparently is just incompetent and over his head in this league.

hawgdavis

I thought this was probably the case for some time now. I said during the A&M game that he had lost this team in another thread and he had the look of a man that was burned out and in way over his head. One thin is for sure he mad this mess now it's time to move on now and let someone with an idea of what they are doing come in and clean up and put it back together correctly. What's even worse is who ever comes in will have to run some players off because once things go down this way some guys just won't conform and become a problem. Just have to be sure to hire the right guy that brings a winning spirit and culture with them.

Cambridge Hog

thanks for that post, OP. good insight. unfortunately confirms what most of us think based on the play on the field. so sad.

the transfer comment is the most dangerous one, IMO. if there is no change made, i would expect several high-profile players to leave. you think it's bad now? wait until the roster gets even more thin and more true freshman have to start. and when those that are left are questioning why they are still here.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 23, 2017, 11:29:46 am
thanks for that post, OP. good insight. unfortunately confirms what most of us think based on the play on the field. so sad.

the transfer comment is the most dangerous one, IMO. if there is no change made, i would expect several high-profile players to leave. you think it's bad now? wait until the roster gets even more thin and more true freshman have to start. and when those that are left are questioning why they are still here.
In many respects the possibility of true freshmen having to start is even scarier. We have what 17 or 18 scholarships to give out this coming year. Well if we assume that each of those slots are filled with capable kids, a big IF, that still leaves us short of being able to field a full group on each side of the ball. On second thought, given the fact that we've apparerently decided to put or best NINE out there on occasion I suppose the numbers don't make that much difference after all.

razorbackred1

Great prospective, I hate it for the kids!!!!!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

If one parent feels like this you know there's got to be others. This is no bueno.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Grag T

Man you know things are bad when the team and coaches are even more apathetic than Hogville.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Vantage 8 dude

I have no doubt there a group of players AND coaches who really care and are trying their absolute best each and every game. Makes it that sadder and more frustrating for them. Problem is that there are apparently far too few of either to actually make a difference. Those are the men I feel most sorry for (besides the fans).

LRHawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 11:34:57 am
In many respects the possibility of true freshmen having to start is even scarier. We have what 17 or 18 scholarships to give out this coming year. Well if we assume that each of those slots are filled with capable kids, a big IF, that still leaves us short of being able to field a full group on each side of the ball. On second thought, given the fact that we've apparerently decided to put or best NINE out there on occasion I suppose the numbers don't make that much difference after all.

I always found CBB preaching "low-attrition" to be a bit naive. I think that was born out of wanting to impress our do-gooder AD.

QuoteI saw very little coaching out of our head coach or offensive line coach.

There's a shocker.

Grag T

Good OP.

;D
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

seasonhog

The coach & some fans blame the talent on BP & Smith.........the post above tell us the reason for our talent level....what good player would want to put up with this coaching staff.

longpig

Good OP.

And move on to what, continuously getting blown out by top ranked teams, beating the occasional ranked mid major and a handful of embarrassing losses every single season?   Name a few coaches who have made a comeback from a 5 year record like Bert's. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 23, 2017, 11:29:46 am

Or just as bad if not worse, stay and lead with lack of effort at only one thing, getting to the nfl combine uninjured (as several are rumored to have done in Johnelle's year).
Don't be scared, be smart.

AirWarren

MAN.........

Officially hit rock bottom.

moses_007

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 23, 2017, 08:24:48 pm
Actually, I did see Jeff Long. He was on the sideline for the first quarter, but people started yelling at him and he disappeared.
He's declined two interviews since the game, one by CBS Sports and another by the Associated Press.  He is in hiding.

Hogsolo

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 23, 2017, 08:24:48 pm
Actually, I did see Jeff Long. He was on the sideline for the first quarter, but people started yelling at him and he disappeared.

Now that's funny right there.

greasy_corner

Quote from: moses_007 on October 23, 2017, 08:29:15 pm
He's declined two interviews since the game, one by CBS Sports and another by the Associated Press.  He is in hiding.

He probably was at the Mizzou game with his kid.  Celebrating the high academics

greasy_corner

The OP was great, btw.  Thanks.  I honestly believe every word.  I've seen it also.

LZH

Just a bump in the road on our 25 year rebuilding plan.

PorkSoda

Quote from: LRHawg on October 23, 2017, 11:14:58 am
If Long is smart he will fire CBB and place CPR as the interim, while we might can still turn this around to being bowl-eligible.

best Idea I have seen yet.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Good OP.

I get where you are coming from, and you would be right if our losses were close and the team still had fight, but just got some bad breaks.

that isn't the case here.  from what I can tell, we are in full scale collapse.  there is nothing to salvage.

Long needs to be planning how to execute the coaching change.  decide if we are going to name Rhoads as an intern and get a head start on the coaching search, or keep CBB in place, while he quietly gets someone in place. 

its already over, all that remains is waiting to see how things play out.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

TeedupHigh

scares the hell out of me to think we could wind up with Paul Rhodes as the coach!  Not One of these coaches should be retained!  We got to have a clean slate nothing else will do! 

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteToughest coaching job is not the "build from scratch" or the "maintain excellence." The toughest coaching job is keeping the team from bailing ship. That is CBB's task right now. I don't envy him - if he salvages a bowl then he has done something amazing. He'll have earned his chance for another season. I don't see him capable of that. Few are.

Wow

Are you constantly trolling in an attempt to get someone like me to call you out on your posts so you can ban me?

Is that your game or are you truly not able to digest what is happening to your team?

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

PorkSoda

Quote from: TeedupHigh on October 23, 2017, 09:36:23 pm
scares the hell out of me to think we could wind up with Paul Rhodes as the coach!  Not One of these coaches should be retained!  We got to have a clean slate nothing else will do! 
at least he still has some fire left, but you are correct.  come end of the season gotta clean house. 

Justagp

Quote from: Redhogs on October 23, 2017, 11:05:46 am
This makes me physically sick, not even kidding...soooo sad. Will somebody please step up and get the windbreaker the hell out of here now?? How in the hell is this being allowed to continue for one more second...is there no pride left anymore at the UofA??  Good god, how did we get this freaking pathetic? We would be losers in the MAC right now.....
I agree full heartedly, and I didn't even have the strength to respond to Bigpigcan. What a disgrace and these kids don't deserve to take the fall for CBB's inadequacies as a coach.

lasthog

Good OP.

Not this year with this team. His first year I was amazed that he kept the team together, proof of which was the near miss at LSU.

He's already gone. As Don Henley said, "lawyers clean up small details."

jgphillips3

This all sounds about right.  I think Rhoad's and Enos could do a decent job if they had a full set of competent position coaches and a better head coach.  I'm beginning to wonder if CBB does have a drinking problem.  This whole situation looks like exactly what happens when an addict crosses the threshold into lack of function.  If he is sober, or relatively, and is failing this miserably at leading...wow...just wow.

Hogs-n-Roses

Here is what has to be said rite now.  No I can't. Yes you can. No I'm not going to do it. But a real fan would. But its wrong. Nows not the time. Sure it is. OK here goes.

But you should see all their grades. Winning at this cost is amazing. No wait, is that what he said, it was all costs silly. WELL WHAT DID THIS COST.

Dwight_K_Shrute

This is just sad. What an incompetent fraud.  A real coach and leader would have been chewing ass or rallying the troops. He does neither.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

idochog

Maybe Alvarez held his partying & drinking in check

I love Jesus!

rzrbackramsfan

I just had an idea: what if got a new head football coach?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: idochog on October 23, 2017, 10:52:34 pm
Maybe Alvarez held his partying & drinking in check

Heard this a few years ago from some Wisconsin folks a few years back. Not that BA kept it in check but that Bert likee the drinkee. They weren't bitter fans just anecdotal about it. Not a big deal to them since social drinking in the Midwest is acceptable anytime after 7am and before 5am.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pigstie

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 11:34:57 am
Well it sounds like we need to offer 25 scholarships and pull some current ones.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

hoghearted

Good OP.

I'll say this for you, you're consistent.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

madison

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 23, 2017, 10:59:44 pm
Heard this a few years ago from some Wisconsin folks a few years back. Not that BA kept it in check but that Bert likee the drinkee. They weren't bitter fans just anecdotal about it. Not a big deal to them since social drinking in the Midwest is acceptable anytime after 7am and before 5am.

Bret was quite the drinker in Madison, in fact there was a group of boosters on call who took him home when he got too drunk. The bartenders at his favorite watering holes knew who to call. The bigger issue was him hitting on waitresses and hooking up with coeds when the drinking happened. People say that's partly why Jen wanted to get the hell out of Madison. Too many of his former conquests running around.