Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kinsler traded for Fielder

Started by ChicoHog, November 20, 2013, 10:10:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

Looks like Ian Kinsler has been traded to Detroit for Prince fielder plus Tigers paying some of his enormous contract.  Could be a win for both teams.  I have always liked Kinsler and wished the Dodgers could have got him years ago.  Never been a Fielder fan but he is a dangerous hitter, just way over paid for his amount of production. 

cubsfan5150

Hmm, tough call on who wins that deal.  Neither are near the player they used to be, and to call this a blockbuster is due to a name comparison IMO, not a numbers comparison.

Fielder might rake in Arlington though.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Willyboy

I'm a Ranger fan.  While Kinsler was a huge part of the WS teams a few years ago, he's been irritating lately with his pop ups, loss of power, and sub par baserunning (CS and picked off way to many times).  I think the rangers win this deal.  We're getting the power LH hitter and a huge upgrade at 1B or DH.  And now Profar can get everyday at bats and hopefully unearth his potential.  Fielder will do well in Arlington and should hit more HR in a hitter's park, Comerica is so huge.  He's 29 and I definitely wouldn't say he's not the player he used to be.  On a down year he hit 25HR and over 100 RBI while batting like .280.  He will be better this year.

Dr. Starcs

Fielder is liable to drop 50+ lbs in that Arlington heat. Lol

I think the deal is good for both but will help the Rangers more. Especially if they can bring back Cruz.

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 21, 2013, 10:12:49 am
Fielder is liable to drop 50+ lbs in that Arlington heat. Lol

I think the deal is good for both but will help the Rangers more. Especially if they can bring back Cruz.

I think it really benefits the Tigers just as much. They can now sign Scherzer and move Miggy to 1B where he needs to be. Good trade all around I think.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Willyboy on November 21, 2013, 12:48:16 am
I'm a Ranger fan.  While Kinsler was a huge part of the WS teams a few years ago, he's been irritating lately with his pop ups, loss of power, and sub par baserunning (CS and picked off way to many times).  I think the rangers win this deal.  We're getting the power LH hitter and a huge upgrade at 1B or DH.  And now Profar can get everyday at bats and hopefully unearth his potential.  Fielder will do well in Arlington and should hit more HR in a hitter's park, Comerica is so huge.  He's 29 and I definitely wouldn't say he's not the player he used to be.  On a down year he hit 25HR and over 100 RBI while batting like .280.  He will be better this year.

I agree. I think with Profar not playing twice a week will help his development and Prince is going to be an MVP candidate in our ballpark.