Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Pittsburgh Kind of Year

Started by Hogfaniam, July 08, 2013, 10:38:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

They've sucked for years, but I guess this is going to be their year with plays like this.

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Ray Piggers

They seem to do this every year. Start strong, and fold after the all star break. We'll see about this year. I'm still pretty confident in the Cardinals being near the top when this thing is all over.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

ChicoHog

I grew up near Pittsburgh in the 70s and being a Dodger fan I was never much of a Pirate lover even though they had some pretty good teams.  After being away for such a long time now it's good to see them winning again.  Pittsburgh is a football town first but they will support the Pirates if they are winning.  I hope they hold on this year and make the playoffs for the first time since 92 I think.

clutch

Quote from: TaylorAlderson on July 09, 2013, 12:01:03 am
They seem to do this every year. Start strong, and fold after the all star break. We'll see about this year. I'm still pretty confident in the Cardinals being near the top when this thing is all over.

I'm not sure they can win the division, but I don't think they will fold like they usually do. This team is different. I'm pretty certain that they will finally finish above .500 and keep thing relatively close throughout the year at the top of the division with the Cardinals and Reds. Whoever wins the division will deserve it. It won't be easy.

Why couldn't the Cardinals be in the West? haha. Worst division I've seen in a long time. For the Dodgers to play as bad as they had and only be 4 games back is stupid. I know they've played a lot better as of late, but still. If you are still 2 games under .500 you shouldn't be knocking on the door of being tops in your division.

ChicoHog

The west is horrible this year this year overall although I don't think there are any teams as bad as the Cubs or Brewers.  Things go in cycles.  It was just a few years ago the Cardinals were barely over .500 and won the central and then won the world series.  All about getting hot at the right time.  Hopefully the Dodgers can do that this year. 

clutch

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 09, 2013, 09:27:30 am
The west is horrible this year this year overall although I don't think there are any teams as bad as the Cubs or Brewers.  Things go in cycles.  It was just a few years ago the Cardinals were barely over .500 and won the central and then won the world series.  All about getting hot at the right time.  Hopefully the Dodgers can do that this year. 

Yeah. They won 90 games. Better than a few games over .500. They got in through the wildcard though, not winning their division. Nobody out of the west is winning the wildcard this year.