Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumors and more rumors

Started by Hogs-n-Roses, November 06, 2017, 05:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 06, 2017, 07:40:12 pm
I'm not going to comment on Long, but since someone commented on the chancellor I will give my opinion. I think Joe is a good leader for the UofA and a good guy. I emailed him over the summer to voice my concerns over an issue on campus since my daughter was an incoming freshman. I received a personal and thoughtful response. Now there's a chance it was his admin that sent it but felt like a genuine reply and that was enough for me.

As far as his time at OSU I believe that's a good thing as well. He understands the importance of athletics to a flagship university with football being the lead. He's also seen the bad side of it as well if programs are not being run the right way. I have faith in him dealing with Long and the BOT to find the best possible solution and candidate.
I've kinda wondered about that since his appointment. I understand that the President of a large university system has a ton of issues to deal with. I suspect few of those are typically sports related. However, his having seen the money, passion and general success of OSU's, especially its football program over the years, he obviously has a very solid grasp of the issues at stake. Unless I miss my guess that should hopefully serve us in good stead going forward. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 06, 2017, 08:15:20 pm
You people are truly amazing.  You create stories out of thin air then report them as fact and the sheep follow.  Bah, bah, bah!  It's amazing how weak minded and gullible grown men can be.
They're not getting sweater vests ???

jvanhorn

Quote from: oldhawg on November 06, 2017, 07:20:11 pm
Since speculation is rampant, especially about Bielema's replacement, just wondering if anyone wants to throw out a candidate's name for a new AD should it come to that?

Terry Don Phillips works for me unless, like Bob Stoops, he has had enough and wants to enjoy retirement.  He certainly understood what it took to build a winning program at Clemson and he certainly know and understands the people of Arkansas and the program at Fayetteville.

Captain Morgan

You people are truly amazing.  You create stories out of thin air then report them as fact and the sheep follow.  Bah, bah, bah!  It's amazing how weak minded and gullible grown men can be.
Gruden

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 06, 2017, 08:19:20 pm

Terry Don Phillips works for me unless, like Bob Stoops, he has had enough and wants to enjoy retirement.  He certainly understood what it took to build a winning program at Clemson and he certainly know and understands the people of Arkansas and the program at Fayetteville.
Terry Don would be the obvious #1 but I would also consider Chuck Dicus.Once heard Tim Hortons name mentioned also.

ricepig

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 06, 2017, 08:20:07 pm
Gruden

Keep the faith, what color is his tie tonight, I forgot to check?

rogersvillemohog

I sent an email to all the members of the BOT tonight and reiceved this back from Boyer. Certainly not a ringing endorsement. The revolution will not be televised, my friends.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

hawgon

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 08:23:38 pm
I sent an email to all the members of the BOT tonight and reiceved this back from Boyer. Certainly not a ringing endorsement. The revolution will not be televised, my friends.

Well, now that is certainly a little smoke.  Is there a fire?

HardCore

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 06, 2017, 08:22:50 pm
Terry Don would be the obvious #1 but I would also consider Chuck Dicus.Once heard Tim Hortons name mentioned also.

All three would be a significant improvement
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

huntindoc

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 08:23:38 pm

Very interesting.  What pray tell, did your email say?  This sounds too good to be true depending on what he was responding to.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 06, 2017, 08:15:17 pm
Thx for this info but I was referring to the new projects info you posted bout 3-4 weeks ago. The figures/amounts of boxes and seats sold and the projections of sales and any updates on further sales since then. The over budget info you had was interesting. I realize some difference is expected and over cost is normal with projects this large.

I don't have any update on the suites/boxes/seats, beyond what was last reported. As to over budget, I don't think I said anything to that, I said that the contractor had a GMP(Guaranteed Maximum Price) he gave to the university, and it was given to the board. I have no idea if it was any different from the original proposal.

Vantage 8 dude

Tell you what ace how about going in and checking the dictionary to consult the meaning of "Rumor". If you consulted the one I did, the Merriam Webster edition, you would find the following definitions; 1. Task or opinion disseminated with no discernible source 2. A statement of report current without known authority for its truth 3. Talk or report of a notable person or event.

So based on any/all of the (above) officially given and accepted definitions by the accepted authority I suppose the OP was correct-these are all rumors and more rumors. And no, they don't necessarily have to be backed with any factual basis. So how about YOU back off your high horse ??? Besides, I think some of them are quite amusing. ;) ;)

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: huntindoc on November 06, 2017, 08:28:06 pm
Very interesting.  What pray tell, did your email say?  This sounds too good to be true depending on what he was responding to.

Mr. Boyer:

My family has been season ticket holders for the Razorback games in Fayetteville since the 1976 season and have been going to the games since the early 60s. My mother was at the 1969 Arkansas-Texas shootout in Fayetteville, and though we lost the game, talks of the pageantry fondly. What I saw in Razorback Stadium on Saturday was nothing short of sickening. While I do understand that the board will be busy with many things this week regarding personnel issues and that academics are the main priority, I do hope that there is a discussion regarding the state of the athletic department in Fayetteville. Seeing our beautiful stadium that holds 75,000 people less than half full on homecoming deeply saddened me, although I cannot say I blame the fans for not showing up after the performance that has been put out on the field this year. It also has come to my attention that Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long has become out of touch with the fan base, the alumni, and the people of the great state of Arkansas. His silence and his arrogance regarding the concerns of the fans has become deafening. I do not write this e-mail in an attempt to sway anyone's opinion on the board, but instead in hopes that the board will start a dialogue, even if behind closed doors.

Regards,
(not)rogersvillemohog
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

moses_007

Well the Nebraska AD was fired because the football program there had sunk to new lows.  The head coach at Nebraska will surely be gone at season's end.  It's not inconceivable that the BOT lays all the blame on Long, since he's the AD that hired Bielema.

moses_007

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 06, 2017, 08:18:00 pm
They're not getting sweater vests ???
Reason being that one isn't made in Bielema's size.

huntindoc

Hmmm.  That sounds like at least one Nay vote for Bielema/Long or both.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 06, 2017, 07:04:27 pm
We are getting Urban!!!! WPS
heck, I would take Urbs or even the Vest (Tressel) right now if we cant get Norvell or Scott Frost.

I guess the dominos are going to have to fall and Fla will have to get their man, then maybe A$M or Auburn (if Gus is gone), then we have to see if Norvell is interested in Tenner.

If Ark, Tenn, Miss Stake (if Mullen leaves for Fla), Old Mrs, A$M (if Sumlin is just let go), Auburn (if Gus loses badly to Bama) all make changes, that would be 6 of 14 schools changing coaches in the SEC. My scenario would have Mullen going to FLA, so FLA would no longer be open.

That is a ton of schools all looking for a coach at the same time.   Norvell, Scott Frost are going to be hot commodities even if Bert is not fired or doesnt leave.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 08:32:52 pm
Mr. Boyer:

My family has been season ticket holders for the Razorback games in Fayetteville since the 1976 season and have been going to the games since the early 60s. My mother was at the 1969 Arkansas-Texas shootout in Fayetteville, and though we lost the game, talks of the pageantry fondly. What I saw in Razorback Stadium on Saturday was nothing short of sickening. While I do understand that the board will be busy with many things this week regarding personnel issues and that academics are the main priority, I do hope that there is a discussion regarding the state of the athletic department in Fayetteville. Seeing our beautiful stadium that holds 75,000 people less than half full on homecoming deeply saddened me, although I cannot say I blame the fans for not showing up after the performance that has been put out on the field this year. It also has come to my attention that Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long has become out of touch with the fan base, the alumni, and the people of the great state of Arkansas. His silence and his arrogance regarding the concerns of the fans has become deafening. I do not write this e-mail in an attempt to sway anyone's opinion on the board, but instead in hopes that the board will start a dialogue, even if behind closed doors.

Regards,
(not)rogersvillemohog
nice letter/email.    Hope it spurs on some discussion and some change.   Great job.   Thanks

RazorbackToTheFuture

Mr. Boyer:

Regards,
(not)rogersvillemohog

rogersvillemohog

Just in case anyone else wants to send emails to the BOT, Chancellor, and/or President here are their UArk e-mail addresses. All public record so no need to worry about FOIA type stuff lol.

bhyneman@uasys.edu
mwaldrip@uasys.edu
mharriman@uasys.edu
keichler@uasys.edu
dpryor@uasys.edu
jgoodson@uasys.edu
sbroughton@uasys.edu
cgibson@uasys.edu
snelson@uasys.edu
tboyer@uasys.edu
chancell@uark.edu
dbobbitt@uasys.edu

Porkchop#1

Funny...that's what comes to mind whenever I have the misfortune to run across some of your nonsense, which thankfully, is not very often.

ricepig

Quote from: huntindoc on November 06, 2017, 08:35:44 pm
Hmmm.  That sounds like at least one Nay vote for Bielema/Long or both.

I don't think rogersvillemohog is on the board, but it was well written letter that stated his concerns.

hogblitz

Will we hear anything about Long's future after this meeting?  Or will it be kept under wraps for a while?  Not sure, how meetings like this function. 

Vantage 8 dude

Mr. Boyer:

Regards,
(not)rogersvillemohog
Wow, props on a terrific email/letter. Even if it merely gets the "wheels turning" with the Board there's at least some hope of progress.

East Clintwood

Quote from: moses_007 on November 06, 2017, 08:34:47 pm
Reason being that one isn't made in Bielema's size.

Pretty simple solution to that.

Go to The Walmart**, buy a kingsize microfiber bedspread.  Fold it in half like a poncho, cut a hole for the head to stick out, sew up the sides, leaving armholes.

Wallah, a Bert-sized sweater vest.

**For some reason many people include "The" in Walmart's name so I will follow that convention here.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

grayhawg

I hope the BOT has an unscheduled meeting on the 27 or 28 to discuss personnel.

island hog

Same conversation going on over on the TexAgs board... back and forth about who the new coach should be. One guy typed " let's get a sperm sample from Saban and hire it right away!"   I laughed until I cried.  Hilarious

moses_007

Hot Diggity...change is coming!  Bielema is for sure gone, and Jeffery may be too.  I can't wait......

BentonvilleJeff

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 08:47:53 pm
I don't think rogersvillemohog is on the board, but it was well written letter that stated his concerns.
I don't think he was meaning the email sent was a vote against the coach/AD. I think he was obviously talking about the response given to the email that was a possible nay vote.
And yes. It was a well written email.

LZH

Hate to say it, but I have pretty much lost interest. I will watch the rest of the season and see how it plays out. That is about all I have.

ricepig

Quote from: hogblitz on November 06, 2017, 08:49:15 pm
Will we hear anything about Long's future after this meeting?  Or will it be kept under wraps for a while?  Not sure, how meetings like this function. 

The go into executive session to discuss personnel/personal situations, they don't vote of take action in these sessions. The BOT won't be the one's hiring or firing, the Chancellor or President make those moves.

go hogues

Quote from: oldhawg on November 06, 2017, 07:20:11 pm
Since speculation is rampant, especially about Bielema's replacement, just wondering if anyone wants to throw out a candidate's name for a new AD should it come to that?
I'd start with Danny White at UCF. Kevin White's (Duke AD) son and brother to Mike White (UF BBall Coach). Lots of pedigree and a sharp dude.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Porkchop#1

Quote from: moses_007 on November 06, 2017, 08:58:03 pm
Hot Diggity...change is coming!  Bielema is for sure gone, and Jeffery may be too.  I can't wait......
I was told last week by a former player, CBB is gone, with Long not far behind.  His exact words.

HardCore

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on November 06, 2017, 09:08:09 pm
I was told last week by a former player, CBB is gone, with Long not far behind.  His exact words.

The champagne goes down and the donations go up!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HoggyCat

Quote from: grayhawg on November 06, 2017, 08:56:42 pm

Would November 9th suit you?
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 09:02:44 pm
The go into executive session to discuss personnel/personal situations, they don't vote of take action in these sessions. The BOT won't be the one's hiring or firing, the Chancellor or President make those moves.

I saw where Steinmetz might be gone too though.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hogblitz on November 06, 2017, 08:49:15 pm
Hopefully not. I was told silence is golden.

moses_007

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 08:43:29 pm
Just in case anyone else wants to send emails to the BOT, Chancellor, and/or President here are their UArk e-mail addresses. All public record so no need to worry about FOIA type stuff lol.

bhyneman@uasys.edu
mwaldrip@uasys.edu
mharriman@uasys.edu
keichler@uasys.edu
dpryor@uasys.edu
jgoodson@uasys.edu
sbroughton@uasys.edu
cgibson@uasys.edu
snelson@uasys.edu
tboyer@uasys.edu
chancell@uark.edu
dbobbitt@uasys.edu
Everyone here, please, take the time to email these people tonight or tomorrow.  I'm going to do it.  But be nice and don't curse.

I am so disgruntled with our football program I want to cry.  I've been following the Razorbacks since 1959, Broyles' second year, and I have never seen the program fall to the level it is now.  It is crystal clear that we are a dumpster fire... but let's each of us do our part to put out the fire.

grayhawg

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:11:55 pm
Would November 9th suit you?
Don't think it will be that quick, Nobody gets let go till after the last game.

AirWarren

Quote from: moses_007 on November 06, 2017, 09:14:32 pm
Everyone here, please, take the time to email these people tonight or tomorrow.  I'm going to do it.  But be nice and don't curse.

I am so disgruntled with our football program I want to cry.  I've been following the Razorbacks since 1959, Broyles' second year, and I have never seen the program fall to the level it is now.  It is crystal clear that we are a dumpster fire... but let's each of us do our part to put out the fire.

Get a life!

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:14:06 pm
I saw where Steinmetz might be gone too though.
Uh, where did you see this?

AirWarren

Quote from: grayhawg on November 06, 2017, 08:56:42 pm

Means nothing.

Probably discussing what new petite jean commercial will play during next years games.

Marshfieldhog

Man I hope so. I've been sick of Long for years.

AirWarren

Haha. Good grief.

Getting these lifeless squids on here false hope.

jgphillips3

As with all these deals of real importance, some things will remain behind closed doors (as they should).  However, given the things we have seen and some of the things we have heard, it is certainly very interesting.  I hope, someday, the details of exactly how this went down come out.  I suspect Long overplayed his hand.  I still believe if Long goes it is not so much because they fired him but because he can't live with the terms dictated to him.  It would be delicious irony for him to have a "they want me NOT to be a monk" moment that gets him canned like he did BP.  Don't worry about having to pay him five years money.  You can just make his job unbearable and he'd have to get another or negotiate a buyout.  Much like CBB...

a shady hog

If Long is fired or resigns, would that delay a change in firing and hiring of a new coach? Usually the new AD makes that decision. So a search for a new AD may take awhile and then there would be a coaching search. For everyone wanting Bielema gone and hiring a new coach, myself included, getting a new AD now may not be wise especially with the early signing period starting this year.

HardCore

Quote from: a shady hog on November 06, 2017, 09:42:38 pm
If Long is fired or resigns, would that delay a change in firing and hiring of a new coach? Usually the new AD makes that decision. So a search for a new AD may take awhile and then there would be a coaching search. For everyone wanting Bielema gone and hiring a new coach, myself included, getting a new AD now may not be wise especially with the early signing period starting this year.

It would still be worth it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 09:16:52 pm
Uh, where did you see this?

I'll dig it up. Gimme a sec.

EDIT: Link attached. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

https://www.facebook.com/RazorbackCoaches/posts/975967812541036

moses_007

Quote from: LZH on November 06, 2017, 09:01:37 pm
Hate to say it, but I have pretty much lost interest. I will watch the rest of the season and see how it plays out. That is about all I have.
I didn't even watch the Old Miss game... first time since 1959 I've failed to watch a televised Hog game.... but I am fed up. 

huntindoc

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 08:47:53 pm

I was talking about Mr. Boyer's response.  Maybe a generic response and it's hard to interpret without prejudice but sounded like he was acknowledging that there was a problem and a solution was being considered.