Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings

Started by WilsonHog, November 26, 2014, 10:47:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

root_hawg

Just don't think Nebraska attracts as much of a big name anymore

Tim Harris

November 30, 2014, 11:14:47 am #51 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:41:49 pm by Tim Harris
Have to say I'm a bit surprised that Pelini is out.

Squealers

9-3 this season, 67-27 at Nebraska = tough crowd!  Someone will grab him quickly.  Got embarrassed too many times I guess.  Strong record and performance overall.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

BR

Clemson OC Chad Morris will be announced as SMU's new coach Monday. http://cbsprt.co/1vYMW0B 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Tim Harris

Bill Clark (Current UAB HC) will be available soon. I expect one of these middle of the pack schools to hire him.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 30, 2014, 03:52:35 pm
Bill Clark (Current UAB HC) will be available soon. I expect one of these middle of the pack schools to hire him.
He's done a pretty good job there.  Much better than McGee did.  Did McGee leave on his own or did he get fired? 

hog.goblin

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 30, 2014, 04:06:11 pm
He's done a pretty good job there.  Much better than McGee did.  Did McGee leave on his own or did he get fired? 

on his own, and with some better recruits in place than when he got there

BR

Tim Harris

November 30, 2014, 04:23:45 pm #58 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:41:21 pm by Tim Harris
Quote from: ChicoHog on November 30, 2014, 04:06:11 pm

He bailed after 2 year to go back and be the OC for Petrino.  Now it looks like they are going to shut down the program.

husker71

Most of the locals in Nebr want Scott Frost    who is fine with me    his father was a talented RB their and his mother was a world class shot/discus thrower  both were small town Nebr products........... 

grayhawg

Quote from: BR on November 30, 2014, 04:23:03 pm
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/11/auburn_fires_defensive_coordin.html
Auburn fires defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson
Johnson is a pretty good DC, but when offences score like a video game defences wear down, I think that happened to Auburn last night.

BR

Quote from: grayhawg on November 30, 2014, 04:28:57 pm
Johnson is a pretty good DC, but when offences score like a video game defences wear down, I think that happened to Auburn last night.
Now with both Muschamp & Pelini available, they can open their checkbooks..  Texas A*M will 

Boardon Hamsay

Looks like SMU is gonna snag Chad Morris, OC at Clemson, as their next HC.

Oops, see BR got that in before me. Carry on.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BR on November 30, 2014, 04:23:03 pm
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/11/auburn_fires_defensive_coordin.html
Auburn fires defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson

Got thrown under the bus pretty quickly. One year you are in the NC and a single year later, you don't deserve to keep your job? Wow!
Go Hogs Go!

hog.goblin

Quote from: grayhawg on November 30, 2014, 04:28:57 pm

I disagree.  He was subpar at Bama, Ms St, and USCe.  I haven't seen much in the way of defense under him at Auburn either.  Which is why I wish they would have kept him.

longpig

Mark Snyder and now Ellis Johnson, what is it with offensive minded HC's and their accomplished DC's?   Todd Grantham might be next.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ChicoHog

Quote from: longpig on December 01, 2014, 09:43:53 am
Mark Snyder and now Ellis Johnson, what is it with offensive minded HC's and their accomplished DC's?   Todd Grantham might be next.
Wasn't louisville one of the top defenses in football this year?

BR

Tulsa has fired coach Bill Blankenship after a 2-10 season. http://cbsprt.co/1y4sNkK 

texas tush hog

Quote from: Abominable Hillbilly on November 29, 2014, 08:06:59 am
I would love to see Garrick McGee replace Chaney

First of all, Chaney is going nowhere and secondly Garrick McGee will never coach at Arkansas again.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Squealers on November 30, 2014, 11:51:20 am
9-3 this season, 67-27 at Nebraska = tough crowd!  Someone will grab him quickly.  Got embarrassed too many times I guess.  Strong record and performance overall.

Dr. Tom cast a Large shadow over the Program!!!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IhateAlabama

I could see Florida going for somebody like gus or petrino. Both really good coaches when they can recruit good and have athletes

IhateAlabama

But Nebraska wasnt going anywhere they were stuck in 8 or 9 win seasons and Nebraska fans were tired of settling for that.

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

moehog

Quote from: BR on December 01, 2014, 10:23:35 am
Tulsa has fired coach Bill Blankenship after a 2-10 season. http://cbsprt.co/1y4sNkK 
On Coachingsearch.com, Nutt is a potential candidate.....also, Randy Shannon mentioned as a possibility at UNLV -before an update made that a high school coach was the leader
"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

Großer Kriegschwein

Solich was fired after a 9-3 season. Solich didn't have much personality and was not well liked by the alumni. Pelini was the interim coach for the bowl game.

Pelini gets fired after going 9-3. Pelini has too much personality (and probably a bit of an anger problem). His players have Helsinki Syndrome and don't like it that he got fired.

Pelini knew he could get fired there for not winning 10-11 games a year and competing for a conference championship every year. It shouldn't be a surprise to him.
This is my non-signature signature.

longpig

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 01, 2014, 09:47:13 am
Wasn't louisville one of the top defenses in football this year?

They are, but supposedly Grantham was at odds with Petrino early on, may still be. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Doug

Take Spurrier's name outta consideration for Florida. USC-E just confirmed that Spurrier is returning for 2015.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: longpig on December 01, 2014, 12:30:13 pm
They are, but supposedly Grantham was at odds with Petrino early on, may still be. 

Maybe if Grantham coached womens volleyball BP would like him better........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 01, 2014, 12:28:58 pm

Solich was fired after a 9-3 season. Solich didn't have much personality and was not well liked by the alumni. Pelini was the interim coach for the bowl game.

Pelini gets fired after going 9-3. Pelini has too much personality (and probably a bit of an anger problem). His players have Helsinki Syndrome and don't like it that he got fired.

Pelini knew he could get fired there for not winning 10-11 games a year and competing for a conference championship every year. It shouldn't be a surprise to him.

Maybe he thought he would receive more slack following Bill Callahan.

root_hawg

Pelini and Muschamp back to the SEC as defense coordinators, AM & Auburn, makes the West that more difficult...

GolfnHog

I can see Muschamp getting serious looks from aTm just so they can rub it in Texas' nose and the fact he's a solid DC. Money won't be an issue.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

rhog1

husker71

Pellini was 40% winning vs top 25 and 47% per teams over .500   As a loyal husker fan since 1963 (1st game I went to) I can tell you IMHO he could beat up on poor teams but not even win 1/2 of the games over teams that went 500  that and his personality off the field was not apprecitated    Fans did like Solich I think  I know I did but he had some older assistants and had to get rid of those

hog.goblin

Quote from: husker71 on December 01, 2014, 09:16:15 pm
Pellini was 40% winning vs top 25 and 47% per teams over .500   As a loyal husker fan since 1963 (1st game I went to) I can tell you IMHO he could beat up on poor teams but not even win 1/2 of the games over teams that went 500  that and his personality off the field was not apprecitated    Fans did like Solich I think  I know I did but he had some older assistants and had to get rid of those

ole Frank Solich only won 75% of his games...

Nebraska is in for a world of hurt and they deserve it.  Any excellent coach in his right mind would avoid the Nebraska job like the plague.

I agree Bo was not getting over the hump.  But he was at the hump, and had just received a contract extension.  That was a $7M mistake.  He deserved a couple of more years based on the extension alone.

Porked Tongue

‏@BruceFeldmanCFB  15 minutes ago
Former #OleMiss & #Arkansas coach Houston Nutt is getting some consideration for the #Tulsa head coaching job, per source.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Porked Tongue on December 02, 2014, 09:17:34 am
‏@BruceFeldmanCFB  15 minutes ago
Former #OleMiss & #Arkansas coach Houston Nutt is getting some consideration for the #Tulsa head coaching job, per source.

I would like to see him get that job.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 02, 2014, 09:44:04 am
I would like to see him get that job.

Actually would not be a bad hire for Tulsa.

bp

Tim Harris

Should get to add Michigan to this list later this afternoon.

ironside

The_Iceman

I really wish Coach Nutt would take a high school job in Little Rock. That area needs an infusion of energy, and I think he could take the talent down there and develop it.

A lot of those kids need a figure in their life to help get them on the right track and fulfill their potential. I think with Houston's passion for football and those guys, he could do a great thing for the high school football scene in Little Rock, thus helping Arkansas out as well.

The_Iceman

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN

Jim McElwain targeted as UF's top candidate to replace Will Muschamp, sources told @ESPN

BR

BREAKING: Michigan Football has fired Brady Hoke

ghostzapper

Both Harbaugh and Butch Jones have reportedly told Michigan they are not interested.

http://footballscoop.com/news/michigan-struggling-find-next-head-coach/

Tim Harris

Quote from: ghostzapper on December 02, 2014, 02:11:18 pm
Both Harbaugh and Butch Jones have reportedly told Michigan they are not interested.

Harbough is their Gruden......

The_Iceman

Quote from: ghostzapper on December 02, 2014, 02:11:18 pm

Why would Butch Jones leave Tennessee for Michigan? He has a Top 5 recruiting class and the SEC East is primed for the taking.

opineonswine

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 02, 2014, 11:18:44 am
I really wish Coach Nutt would take a high school job in Little Rock. That area needs an infusion of energy, and I think he could take the talent down there and develop it.

A lot of those kids need a figure in their life to help get them on the right track and fulfill their potential. I think with Houston's passion for football and those guys, he could do a great thing for the high school football scene in Little Rock, thus helping Arkansas out as well.

Not a big enough stage to contain his ego.
Go Hogs Go!

Razorbacker79

Turn up that damn jukebox!!

Kyle

December 02, 2014, 09:08:51 pm #99 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:51:29 pm by Kyle
Having lived in "MWC territory" for the last few years, I have to say that what McElwain has done at CSU is nothing short of a miracle. I don't know that Florida fans will be elated with the hire, but they'd be getting a pretty good fit for the job.