Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Only 20 different schools over the last 50 years

Started by BaconAteHer, April 24, 2017, 04:56:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconAteHer

...have won a National Championship in NCAA Men's BB. Only 13 schools (bold) have won since ours in '94. Doesn't feel so far removed when you look at it like that.

Arizona
Arkansas
Connecticut
Duke
Florida
Georgetown
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisville
Marquette
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan St.
NCST
North Carolina
Syracuse
UCLA
UNLV
Villanova

Ironhawg

Only fifteen teams have won more than one national championship.  One more championship puts us in pretty rare company.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 24, 2017, 08:02:12 pm
Only fifteen teams have won more than one national championship.  One more championship puts us in pretty rare company.
Winning championships is easy, practically every other D-I team in country wins them all the time.  Mike Anderson needs start winning some championships or pack his bags and go home to wherever he came from.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogwood

Quote from: BaconAteHer on April 24, 2017, 04:56:11 pm
...have won a National Championship in NCAA Men's BB. Only 13 schools (bold) have won since ours in '94. Doesn't feel so far removed when you look at it like that.

Arizona
Arkansas
Connecticut
Duke
Florida
Georgetown
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisville
Marquette
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan St.
NCST
North Carolina
Syracuse
UCLA
UNLV
Villanova

Amazing stat. Our name is in elite company already.

Ironhawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 24, 2017, 09:30:05 pm
Winning championships is easy, practically every other D-I team in country wins them all the time.  Mike Anderson needs start winning some championships or pack his bags and go home to wherever he came from.

I said absolutely nothing about Mike Anderson.

hogsanity

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 25, 2017, 08:51:23 am
I said absolutely nothing about Mike Anderson.

Pork is part of the Anderson PR team, he must defend him even in threads where he is not mentioned.

It is stunning that the last 50 NCAAT titles have been shared by only 20 schools.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on April 25, 2017, 09:52:43 am
Pork is part of the Anderson PR team, he must defend him even in threads where he is not mentioned.

It is stunning that the last 50 NCAAT titles have been shared by only 20 schools.
Hogsanity is part of the Anderson hate team, he must find something to criticize him even if the conversation is positive.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Razorbackers

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 26, 2017, 01:56:33 pm
Hogsanity is part of the Anderson hate team, he must find something to criticize him even if the conversation is positive.

I'm part of the frito pie team.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 26, 2017, 01:56:33 pm

I do not hate Mike. I hate that he gets drawn into every thread here, no matter how far a reach it is to do so.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on April 26, 2017, 03:51:35 pm
I hate that he gets drawn into every thread here, no matter how far a reach it is to do so.

This is the exact thing that the Mike haters do here and in the recruiting form as well.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 26, 2017, 11:23:35 pm
This is the exact thing that the Mike haters do here and in the recruiting form as well.

Hmm, who did it in this thread?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on April 27, 2017, 08:17:13 am
Hmm, who did it in this thread?

just speaking in general about how a thread gets started about just about any subject and the CMA critics hijack the thread and it ends up being all about CMA and second guessing his coaching, style of play, substitutions, playing time for freshmen, teaching fundamentals, drawing in fans, signing out of state players, signing instate players, whether his staff can recruit, whether CMA can recruit, why CMA teams can't win on the road, whether CMA has the team practice free throws, and on and on....
Hogs up! Covid down!

rzrbackramsfan

No not really.  There's probably even fewer in football.

hogsanity

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 27, 2017, 04:11:38 pm
No not really.  There's probably even fewer in football.

Maybe, but you'd think in basketball it might have been more varied since you don't have to have near as many players as you do in football. The # in bball is skewed a bit in that UCLA won 11 of the 50. That means 19 teams split the other 39.

Tejano Jawg

One more reason I wish we'd won that second title (in 1995). Just to really pop off the page of the history book, winning back to back.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on April 28, 2017, 08:57:20 am
One more reason I wish we'd won that second title (in 1995). Just to really pop off the page of the history book, winning back to back.

Yeah, I never really liked Tyus Edney after that. I was crushed.
Hogs up! Covid down!

niels_boar

April 28, 2017, 02:08:19 pm #16 Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:04:05 pm by niels_boar

Perhaps if you spent all season being miserable during a 26-win campaign when your team has averaged 17 wins over the last decade and a half, some lessons need to be learned.  Not that repetition will do a bit of good.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Actually 7 teams of the 20 have won only one title so 13 teams have won 43 of the past 50 championships.  And to think, we win the 95 Title and we are in rare company.  We already know that football is somewhat like this as to who is winning what?  I would guess if you checked out baseball, golf,  and other such sports the number of national winners would look sort of like this too.

hogsanity

baseball has seen 14 different winners in the last 20 years. Looks like 23 winners in the last 50 years. The 70's saw USC dominate baseball about like UCLA dominated basketball in the 60's/early 70's.

Slater

FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Slater

Kind of makes up for the people on here that hate Mike for reasons that have nothing to do with basketball. I'm an Anderson fanatic, will defend the man to the end. The hatred for Mike is amazing and makes one realize some people will never change. Even George Wallace at the end realized the error of his ways.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Slater on May 02, 2017, 10:10:03 am
I'm an Anderson fanatic, will defend the man to the end.

And there is the difference, most here are HOG FANATICS, but a few put a man over the program.

Quote from: Slater on May 02, 2017, 10:10:03 am
Kind of makes up for the people on here that hate Mike for reasons that have nothing to do with basketball. The hatred for Mike is amazing and makes one realize some people will never change. Even George Wallace at the end realized the error of his ways.

Atta boy, when you got nothing else, play the race card.

Slater

May 02, 2017, 08:59:13 pm #22 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:19:12 pm by Slater
Quote from: hogsanity on May 02, 2017, 10:43:38 am
And there is the difference, most here are HOG FANATICS, but a few put a man over the program.

Atta boy, when you got nothing else, play the race card.

Whatever, it's a fact, all the man has done is run a clean program and improve the performance and some of you total HATERS can't handle it
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Slater

With that, all done here, common sense does not prevail in some cases, no reason arguing with brick walls. Hope the Hogs disrupt the hate brigade on here and do BIG things in every sport. I'll be in attendance, will the haters? 
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

HiggiePiggy

heh. I'm pretty sure the majority in here were upset with mike with his performance in the middle of the year. Not the color of his skin. Gets old when people use that line over and over just because some people were not happy with the performance of the program until he turned it around after the Missouri game. 

I was ready for him to be fired also and now I am happy that he turned it around because I do like him. In the end it's about his performance. Not the color of his skin.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?