Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville Draining the Life out of this fan

Started by hoghiker, October 05, 2017, 12:13:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghiker

Spent a lot of time on Hogville, 103 days, 21 hours and 15 minutes, but I swear this place is sucking the life out of rooting for my Hogs. The coach is BB. It's going to be that way for a while. I got some issues with the way things are going (didn't like BB kicking Hedlund under bus he was already under) but the level of whine in here makes it hard for me to hear the Hog Call. Go Hogs. Beat SC.

hogsanity

Quote from: hoghiker on October 05, 2017, 12:13:23 pm
Spent a lot of time on Hogville, 103 days, 21 hours and 15 minutes, but I swear this place is sucking the life out of rooting for my Hogs. The coach is BB. It's going to be that way for a while. I got some issues with the way things are going (didn't like BB kicking Hedlund under bus he was already under) but the level of whine in here makes it hard for me to hear the Hog Call. Go Hogs. Beat SC.

I like the actual talk about on field issues. Special teams are still an issue, defense, although I see improvement, is still slow in key positions. OL, well we dont need to go there.

What would be comical if it was not so prevalent, is all the talk about the AD, and no commitment to winning, and wanting to win the integrity trophy, etc. Those things are all subjective, and usually dreamed up so as to try to make yet another argument that someone does not like the FB coach. I like the FB, I do not like the record he has so far in his 4 seasons and 4 games. I like the recruits he has brought in, but I wish somehow he could get twice as many top end players, still too much filler in each class. And for goodness sakes, can't we get more than 2 lb's in a class that stay and actually contribute for 4 years.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggish1

Truth!

BallHog1

Ditto

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Problem is you're taking in that much whine with no cheese  8)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

gchamblee

It wouldn't be so bad if every thread didn't devolve into the same argument. It is like there is a large mass of pro bb / ant bb that has a gravitational pull that no thread can resist, it is just a matter of how long the thread can go before it succumbs to the pull of that mass. The better the content of the OP the longer it can resist, but eventually all threads succumb to the gravitational pull of the mass.

Some threads are created just to feed the mass.

EulessHog

Hogville is a product of the play on the field.

This isn't Las Vegas- you know?
Go Hogs Go!

BigSexyHog

Got ya beat

Time Wasted: 130 days, 7 hours and 49 minutes.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

I think Hogville makes the fan experience less enjoyable for me. So of course, why don't I stay away from Hogville? I don't have a good excuse, other than apparently I'm not very bright.

riccoar

Words of encouragement in your time of distress here:

Smile!    - John L. Smith

sowmonella

The absolute truth. +1
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

jkstock04

Not going to lie....I would probably be a "better" fan if I stayed off of Hogville and didn't listen to the radio shows. I would still want you the team to win just as badly...but there wouldn't be the "gotcha" and "told ya so" stuff going on.

I get caught up in some of the BS when I shouldn't. This place can give the normal fan a chip on the shoulder. If you get called a moron, dumbass, idiot, etc over and over and over and over...when in the end it turns out you were actually the one who was right...it's tough not to throw it back in their faces. Which is childish.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

greenEGnHAWGS

Well put hoghiker. I feel very much the same way. Regular football talk is always interrupted by "Bert sucks", "Fire Jeff Long", and "Who's our next coach". Living in Virginia, I once came here to enjoy discussing all things Hogs, but not it's mainly a cesspool of negativity.

So why do I come back? Simply cuz if something happened within the program, it'll be here. It's turning into ESPN for me. I can't stand ESPN as they tend to push propaganda more than sports now...but they have the best site for scores and updates so I keep going back.

I do appreciate the level headed approach some HV posters use though.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogsanity

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 05, 2017, 01:24:04 pm
Got ya beat

Time Wasted: 130 days, 7 hours and 49 minutes.

Rookie. 292 days 3 hours 34 mins
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

Stay off Hogville then.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 05, 2017, 02:16:35 pm
Stay off Hogville then.

Yea, Heaven forbid this place gets cleaned up by the posters themselves. Lets tell people that are tired of the whining to leave, that way all the people who think the confederacy will rise again, or the ones who think Jeff Long is a member of a secret society sent here to ruin Hog sports, along with those who think if the kids just play harder all will be fine, can all just wallow, unfettered, in their crapulence.

GunnerHawg70

Stay off Hogville then.  WOW  ;D

Dang DeltaBoy, you went hard in the paint on dude...LOL.  BUUUT you're right, sometimes coming in with facts, being a student of the game and Hogs will help you in HV...

BallHog1

Stay off Hogville then.
Along with folks who never post more than a three word remark that adds nothing to any discussion?

hogsanity

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on October 05, 2017, 02:22:26 pm
Dang DeltaBoy, you went hard in the paint on dude...LOL.  BUUUT you're right, sometimes coming in with facts, being a student of the game and Hogs will help you in HV...

Coming ere with facts is a rarity and when someone does they are usually dismissed as a lackey for the AD. Most people here do not want facts, they want conspiracy theories, supposition, conjecture, and subjective definitions that can never be disproved. They want to act like someone is always out to get the hogs, trying to keep them down. And somehow doing it to hurt the poster PERSONALLY. 

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: hogsanity on October 05, 2017, 02:26:10 pm
Coming ere with facts is a rarity and when someone does they are usually dismissed as a lackey for the AD.

Hahahaha!!!  I can't stop laughing...I know there are some HV member's that want to comment but are afraid of the HV firing squad that will be all over any post that doesn't sit well with them like flies on your dogs land mines!!!   ;D

jmb1973

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: jmb1973 on October 05, 2017, 02:34:47 pm
Most of us wish you would follow your own advice.

Bwaahahahahahahaha!!!  I know hoghiker had no idea that his words of despair would bring out the always funny in-fighting between HV members.  I tend to get a little A LOT frustrated sometimes but meh, at least 99% of the HV members want to see the Hogs win regardless...ok, I'm done with this topic...Thanks OP for the belly laughs!!!   ;)

AugustaHog

Hogville is a place I dearly want to avoid after a bad Saturday.  I'm already pissed off enough about the result, I don't need a bunch of other people feeding the anger.  I usually give it a few days, or in the case of TCU a week and a half with the bye.  It's a fun place when things are rolling, not so much when everyone is pissed off about the current state of affairs.  There is still good exchange as along as you deal reasonably with others and choose to avoid topics that you know are going to infuriate you. 

PORKULATOR

he didn't kick CK under a bus he was already under. He stuffed him under the "Bus of Just Deserves".
Completely different bus. And you've seen the numbers, it was time.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jmb1973 on October 05, 2017, 02:34:47 pm
Most of us wish you would follow your own advice.

Please show Delta some grace as he's undergoing issues that most have never (and should never) experienced.... not an excuse, but a reason...i
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

gchamblee

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 05, 2017, 02:54:25 pm
he didn't kick CK under a bus he was already under. He stuffed him under the "Bus of Just Deserves".
Completely different bus. And you've seen the numbers, it was time.

I think the term you were looking for here is "Just Deserts"

Deserts here is the plural of desert, meaning "that which one deserves". "Desert" is now archaic and rarely used outside this phrase.

hoghiker

HognotinMemphis

S-T-O-P reading Hogville. I did for 2 1/2 years. It's not difficult. Let something else suck your life.

It's probably not going to be that way for a while. If this season goes like I think it will, I imagine Arkansas will be looking for a new head coach around the end of November.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hoghearted

I know it's hard to do, especially when you're looking for the latest information, but if it's that painful to read the kvetching and kvelling, then by all means take a break.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

mckinneyhog5

I'm tired of "The O-line sucks and he's had five years to fix it" or "He just needs to shut up and win games". It takes a lot of intelligence to repeatedly post those two statements in every thread. Oh, and the "weight loss" issue.  :puke:

It's like people are trying to make BB into Nutt where everything happening has to be sinister or have some meaning. Nutt had enough off the field issues and locker room issues that came to light to survive. BB isn't Nutt in that fashion but yes, he needs to win more games but we still have more than half a season left. 
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hobhog

Been thinking the same thing, but its not unique to HV-go look at the other boards and its the same drivel. Thing that gets old is its the same posters who post new threads to basically say the same thing over, and over, and over. Its not enough that they are mad or hateful, they have to remind you of it multiple times daily.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hobhog on October 05, 2017, 03:32:09 pm
Been thinking the same thing, but its not unique to HV-go look at the other boards and its the same drivel. Thing that gets old is its the same posters who post new threads to basically say the same thing over, and over, and over. Its not enough that they are mad or hateful, they have to remind you of it multiple times daily.
What about the people with < 30 post who say basically the same gripe that's been repeated over and over and over but get their feelings hurt when their post gets moved to the trash forum.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The OTR

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on October 05, 2017, 02:24:25 pm
Along with folks who never post more than a three word remark that adds nothing to any discussion?

Here now!

Kevin

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 05, 2017, 03:13:53 pm
I'm tired of "The O-line sucks and he's had five years to fix it" or "He just needs to shut up and win games". It takes a lot of intelligence to repeatedly post those two statements in every thread. Oh, and the "weight loss" issue.  :puke:

It's like people are trying to make BB into Nutt where everything happening has to be sinister or have some meaning. Nutt had enough off the field issues and locker room issues that came to light to survive. BB isn't Nutt in that fashion but yes, he needs to win more games but we still have more than half a season left. 

Cbb is doing a good enough job of turning himself into a worse than nutt coach without any help from hogville
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigz

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 05, 2017, 03:05:53 pm
S-T-O-P reading Hogville. I did for 2 1/2 years. It's not difficult. Let something else suck your life.

It's probably not going to be that way for a while. If this season goes like I think it will, I imagine Arkansas will be looking for a new head coach around the end of November.

Those years away didnt help too much with the negativity huh
You guys have a good time frig dancing

hobhog

Quote from: Kevin on October 05, 2017, 04:23:33 pm
Cbb is doing a good enough job of turning himself into a worse than nutt coach without any help from hogville

hard to see picture when inside frame....

Seebs

Stay off Hogville then.

Man you are one classless poster. You've been in Texas too long.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Seebs

Quote from: hoghiker on October 05, 2017, 03:05:19 pm
Knew that was coming.

Consider the source. Rumor has it he cheated off Forrest Gump in elementary school.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

PonderinHog

Y'all want to try something different?  Follow me on Twitter!

Second thought, I don't have a Twitter account.  Sorry, Hogville it is...

The OTR

Quote from: gchamblee on October 05, 2017, 01:15:11 pm
It wouldn't be so bad if every thread didn't devolve into the same argument. It is like there is a large mass of pro bb / ant bb that has a gravitational pull that no thread can resist, it is just a matter of how long the thread can go before it succumbs to the pull of that mass. The better the content of the OP the longer it can resist, but eventually all threads succumb to the gravitational pull of the mass.

Some threads are created just to feed the mass.

Good insight Chamblee.

lasthog

I read it in Ultra High-def, surround sound, FF through commercials...a little single malt most times.

My favorite show.

Swestwill66

I have it from a reliable source, as Harry Reid said, that 4 or 5 posters of the most obnoxious and whiney material on hogville are actually trolls from other sec team's.

Doing their best to make the lives of HOG fans miserable.

Cinco de Hogo

Face it you boyzs are just depressed because your guy ain't winning.  Has nothing to do with Hogville or the Razorbacks.  See if he were winning you could spit in the faces of the ones who never had confidence in him.  That's what you are depressed about, your spit has sputtered.

:puke:

elksnort

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 05, 2017, 03:05:53 pm

And then you got the great airplane tail number to watch. Fun stuff.

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

Boardon Hamsay

If we played more games in Little Rock, this thread would rival the Gruden thread from a few years back. Speaking of Little Rock, anyone know the name of that place off Cantrell that has the great breakfast? Funny sounding name but great cathead buttermilk biscuits. I'd almost favor playing more games there just to have that breakfast but Flapjacks will do.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.