Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins Activated For Today

Started by threeNout, September 17, 2017, 09:51:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

threeNout

In a surprise, late move, Baltimore moved AC up from the practice squad, he'll be active for today's game vs the Browns.

The Ravens lost Danny Woodhead on the first drive of the game last week, he was utilized heavily as a receiver out of the backfield.

Collins may be the best receiving back they have now, once he is up to speed he may prove as good an all around back as they have.  Hope he sees the field today.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Swap-Running-Backs-and-Cornerbacks-Ahead-of-Sundays-Game/faa6fc83-db1f-4ef0-9051-e5c089e05f3a

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

nchogg

East Clintwood

September 17, 2017, 10:32:19 am #3 Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:35:22 pm by East Clintwood
Hold on to the darned* ball.

Just for clarification I would never use the word "darned"".  I hate that word.

But somehow the powers that be for some reason think that the word I did use must be a cuss word of some sort.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

hawgmasta

Hope he does well, I don't hate the ravens so that would be awesome.

threeNout

3 carries for 21 yards so far, had a long of 16.

Toledo Hog

...and he fumbles.   Shame. He was looking good.

threeNout

Quote from: Toledo Hog on September 17, 2017, 02:56:38 pm

marred what would have otherwise been a great debut, 7 carries for 42 yards.

by contrast, the starter went 8 carries for 22 yards.

alohawg

Quote from: Toledo Hog on September 17, 2017, 02:56:38 pm

Not For Long will be his career because of this stuff.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

threeNout

Quote from: alohawg on September 17, 2017, 03:18:53 pm
Not For Long will be his career because of this stuff.

Because of how he looked, and because of the Ravens need at RB, I bet they give him another chance.

But I'd say he can't afford to fumble again for the remaining 1st half of the season at least.

It was at the end of a 13 yard run, he lost the 3 points of pressure after spinning around, going for extra yards, and a 2nd defender came in and punched it out before his knee was down.

He's gotta fix that, it looks promising for him in Baltimore if he can, Raven's O really seems to fit his style. looked darn good today.  It'll be interesting to hear the coach's post game PC.

Toledo Hog

He definitely looked like a starting back until the fumble.  There are only so many chances for running back in the NFL.  If he doesn't have this issue fixed at this point, I doubt he ever will.  We can hope for the best, but in the end it's up to him to perform.

Little Lady Back

Alex is one of my favorite former players of recent years. He seems like a great young man who truly loved being a Razorback. I hope that he makes it in the NFL, but more importantly, I hope that he succeeds in whatever path in life he chooses to take.   
#NolanRichardsonCourt

JIHawg

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ChitownHawg

Harbaugh on Alex:

"Alex stepped up there. He had a little bit of quickness and speed. He was kind of fresh at the end, and I thought it gave us something in the fourth quarter, against a defense that was playing fourth-quarter football. He was fresh, and he has some quickness to him, and he ran really hard. The one thing I would say – and we talked about this on the sideline, so he knows it – sometimes, enough is enough. You don’t do too much to jeopardize the football. He has never been a guy who has had an issue with that, and I’m sure he’ll do well in the future with that.”"

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Transcripts-Ravens-Postgame-Quotes/f679c3b7-e6a3-4829-8647-543d13fa7ae2
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

threeNout

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 17, 2017, 07:55:46 pm
Harbaugh on Alex:

"Alex stepped up there. He had a little bit of quickness and speed. He was kind of fresh at the end, and I thought it gave us something in the fourth quarter, against a defense that was playing fourth-quarter football. He was fresh, and he has some quickness to him, and he ran really hard. The one thing I would say – and we talked about this on the sideline, so he knows it – sometimes, enough is enough. You don't do too much to jeopardize the football. He has never been a guy who has had an issue with that, and I'm sure he'll do well in the future with that.""

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Transcripts-Ravens-Postgame-Quotes/f679c3b7-e6a3-4829-8647-543d13fa7ae2

good to read for AC's sake, he could have a bright future there.

threeNout

The Raven's next game is 8:30 am this Sunday, in London, England vs the Jags.

threeNout

82 yards on only 9 carries for AC today in London, in what was a lopsided game.  He looks like their best back out there.

The Ravens lone score came on a late Ryan Mallet TD pass, they lost 44-7.

AC could be their starter soon.