Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas primed to build on 2018 recruiting class

Started by jbcarol, February 09, 2017, 06:27:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

presidenthog

Quote from: jbcarol on July 22, 2017, 12:53:56 pm
https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/888798849149485057

This is huge news. This is the guy I want the most on DL. If we get him Scott has jumped up to the top as far as our staff at recruiting.

jbcarol

jbcarol

tannerstahl

Quote from: presidenthog on July 22, 2017, 07:31:12 pm
This is huge news. This is the guy I want the most on DL. If we get him Scott has jumped up to the top as far as our staff at recruiting.

WPS!!! BOOM!!
i love the hogs....so very very much

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 2h2 hours ago

Arkansas OL coach Kurt Anderson thrilled with upcoming in-state recruiting classes  #WPS http://sec.news/2wdIQ7v

jbcarol

Arkansas football recruiting: Latest updates on the Razorbacks' 2018 class

QuoteArkansas' 2018 class is ranked No. 43 nationally and No. 11 in the SEC according to the 247Sports composite. The Hogs have an average commit rating of 85.33, which ranks No. 34 nationally.

presidenthog

Quote from: jbcarol on August 04, 2017, 11:34:13 am
SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 2h2 hours ago

Arkansas OL coach Kurt Anderson thrilled with upcoming in-state recruiting classes  #WPS http://sec.news/2wdIQ7v

Emmit gooden should not have committed if he really wasn't. I don't understand why.

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 8h8 hours ago

Arkansas not expecting to 'play the hat game' in recruiting  #WPS http://sec.news/2uFIfti

HogFoo

Well, guess that's why I was looking at Scout.  They have hogs at #17 :)  one of just 3 with 12 or less recruits ranked in top 25.   Hehehe
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 09, 2017, 10:20:08 am
I expect there will be an incremental improvement from 2017 to 2018.  Maybe we finish closer to #20.  Step by step, brick by brick.
Im hoping this is the case.  I am hoping that the football program follows the trajectory of Mike Anderson and the basketball program.  It has taken Mike a while to get the recruits to come to Ark but for now it seems that he has turned the corner.

Maybe BB is starting to turn things around recruiting wise.  I like BB.  I was not jazzed when JLong hired him, but he seems to be a good guy and he brings good attention to the program.  His "Being Bret Bielema" show is good publicity for the program. 

Recruiting the life blood of the program and in the SEC West, you got to have some hosses.  Just being good guy isnt enough.  I hope Bret can put together a staff that can recruit some better players.  #8 in the SEC is simply going to make Ark stay in the middle of the pack.  Maybe in the years where Bama and LSU come to Ark, we can maybe go 8-4 or 9-3.  But until the talent, or should I say, the depth of talent gets better, we are looking at middle of the pack.  That is where the recruiting says we should be and that is about what we are.   

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 7h7 hours ago

Arkansas football recruiting: Latest updates on the Razorbacks' 2018 class  #WPS http://sec.news/2hRYMcr

jbcarol

In-state classes keeping Arkansas' Barry Lunney Jr. busy

Quote"I don't know that it's all that different [for me]," Lunney said of the 2018 class. "A good chunk of our recruits are from my area. That's kind of business as normal for me as far as the guys I'm directly involved with. And we're all involved with those guys. When I say it's my area, you guys know I'm in charge of Arkansas, but we group recruit. We do that across the country, but specifically with our Arkansas guys. It's all hands on deck for that. Head coach, coordinators, assistants, myself. So, we've got a lot of help in that regard."

In the 2017 class the Razorbacks added three in-state recruits in the week leading up to National Signing Day last February.

One of those was defensive end David Porter from Joe T. Robinson High School in Little Rock. He made an official visit to campus in late January, received an offer and flipped his commitment from Colorado State to the Hogs shortly after. The other two were offensive lineman Ty Clary (Fayetteville) and Hayden Henry (Pulaksi Academy), Hudson's older brother. Both joined the Hogs as blueshirts, meaning they're expected to receive scholarships after their freshman fall semester.

"Nobody even knew we were on them, but we knew for a long time we [wanted them]," Lunney said. "So, that number is a very fluid situation."

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 16h16 hours ago

Arkansas recruiting: Projecting the Razorbacks' 2018 offensive class  #WPS http://sec.news/2uVLHA3

QuoteIt currently looks as if Arkansas will sign 14 recruits for 2018.

Including blue shirts

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 20h20 hours ago

Arkansas to receive official visit from OL target Jerome Carvin  #WPS http://sec.news/2v1n1Gw

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 9h9 hours ago

Arkansas football recruiting: Latest updates on the Razorbacks' 2018 class  #WPS http://sec.news/2idONhS

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Country Arkansas‏ @SECCountryHogs 13h13 hours ago

Arkansas recruiting mailbag: Is Arkansas overlooked as a top destination?  #WPS http://sec.news/2g98XJd

jbcarol