Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC weekend predictions

Started by hawg1221, November 09, 2017, 11:54:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

Ark@LSU----LSU
Arkansas will play with more motivation, but it's not enough to prevent a blowout.

Louisiana@OleMiss----Ole Miss

Florida@USC----USC

Georgia@Auburn----Auburn
I still question Fromm as QB in a big game against a stout defense.

Kentucky@Vandy----Kentucky

New Mexico@Texas A&M----Texas A&M

Alabama@Miss St----Alabama
Nick Fitzgerald struggled against Georgia and Auburn, 2 good defenses.

Tennessee@Missouri----Missouri
Missouri has too much offense for a struggling Tennessee team.

Grunt

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 09, 2017, 11:54:19 pm
Ark@LSU----LSU
Arkansas will play with more motivation, but it's not enough to prevent a blowout.

Florida@USC----USC

Georgia@Auburn----Auburn

I'll pick Georgia and Miss St
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

hawg1221

After the more than 50 postings on Jeff Long and CBB, I thought a subject change could do some people some good.

Paulsooie

I agree with all those picks OP
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

Grunt

Quote from: Paulsooie on November 10, 2017, 12:22:55 am
I agree with all those picks OP
You think a Miss ST upset win is possible?
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Paulsooie

If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

hawg1221

Quote from: Grunt on November 10, 2017, 12:33:05 am
You think a Miss ST upset win is possible?

Miss St plays physical, but has issues with really good defensive lines. In their 2 loses against Georgia and Auburn, they got blown out. What happened was their offensive line couldn't open the holes that are normally there for QB NF to run through. In fact their running game was pretty much shut down. For all the praise NF gets, he's still not a good throwing QB, especially when he has to... and he will have to against Alabama. He and his WR's will have to have a great game to have a chance. That's my opinion.

ShadowTheHedgehog

In what later will be remembered as "the monkey wrench of the century" the Hogs upset LSU at tiger stadium this weekend. Orgeron is immediately fired, CBB is happy, several HV posters lose their minds fearing that CBB will be back in 2018. It looks like CBB may pull off a miracle finish but the usual lack of preparation and halftime changes lead to defeats against Ms State and Mizzou. End of season 5-7.

go hogues

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 10, 2017, 06:54:38 am
Miss St plays physical, but has issues with really good defensive lines. In their 2 loses against Georgia and Auburn, they got blown out. What happened was their offensive line couldn't open the holes that are normally there for QB NF to run through. In fact their running game was pretty much shut down. For all the praise NF gets, he's still not a good throwing QB, especially when he has to... and he will have to against Alabama. He and his WR's will have to have a great game to have a chance. That's my opinion.
I think MSU wins a close one. It's just that time of year and there's always some big late season win by a sought after head coach that makes their stock soar. I think this could be the one.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

EastexHawg

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 09, 2017, 11:54:19 pm
Ark@LSU----LSU

Florida@USC----USC

Georgia@Auburn----Auburn

I agree with all these picks.  Georgia vs. Auburn is the SEC game of the year to this point.  Georgia is still somewhat of a mystery.  Other than Notre Dame early, who have they played?

bphi11ips

Two for One on Upset Specials:

Mississippi State 27 Alabama 21

Auburn 17 Georgia 13
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ipigsooie

I thought i was the only one thinking aubie will beat uga, good to know im not alone. Good picks.

hawg1221

There's a lot of weight being placed on the Notre Dame game. I do think Georgia is good, but how good? How good is Notre Dame? I still have my doubts about ND. Since their program has been down, they've had those random years when they were undefeated midway through the season and all the national media and talking heads would claim they're back to the glory days. Then what? They would always go out down the stretch and lay eggs. In the end when one looked back at that, many of the teams that they played early weren't all that good after all.

LRRandy

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 10, 2017, 08:59:15 am

Auburn 17 Georgia 13
that would upset the CFP apple cart. I hope that you are right.
This is fun, isn't it.

DeltaBoy

I taking GA over the Barn and I agree with the rest.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 10, 2017, 08:52:20 am
I agree with all these picks.  Georgia vs. Auburn is the SEC game of the year to this point.  Georgia is still somewhat of a mystery.  Other than Notre Dame early, who have they played?

Fromm demonstrated his leadership in the final few minutes against Notre Dame in a come from behind victory. GA and Auburn both handled M-STATE rather well. GA had a solid win over USCe and impressive wins over TN, Vandy and Mizzo.

GA may have the best running backs in the SEC as a whole so it's not all on the QB. However Fromm may be the best game manager in the SEC but he is only a freshman so time will tell. Kirby Smart may be the coach to challenge the Saban dynasty at Bama. If not this year then in next few years. I must admit I am nervous about the Auburn game as I want the Dawgs to beat the snot out of the Aubies.

bphi11ips

Quote from: LRRandy on November 10, 2017, 09:38:43 am
that would upset the CFP apple cart. I hope that you are right.

Gonna be a fun day to watch college football.  Think I'll thaw some venison now for the chili. 

With a big high school playoff game tonight and Titans/Bengals game Sunday, it just don't get any better than this at my house.  Faith, family and football.  Of course wins across the board would be nice. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hoginsavga on November 10, 2017, 09:46:09 am
Fromm demonstrated his leadership in the final few minutes against Notre Dame in a come from behind victory. GA and Auburn both handled M-STATE rather well. GA had a solid win over USCe and impressive wins over TN, Vandy and Mizzo.

GA may have the best running backs in the SEC as a whole so it's not all on the QB. However Fromm may be the best game manager in the SEC but he is only a freshman so time will tell. Kirby Smart may be the coach to challenge the Saban dynasty at Bama. If not this year then in next few years. I must admit I am nervous about the Auburn game as I want the Dawgs to beat the snot out of the Aubies.

Auburn may have more students from Georgia than Alabama.  The schools have played 120 times.  Georgia leads 57-55-8.  Auburn crowd will be loud.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 10, 2017, 10:48:13 am
Auburn may have more students from Georgia than Alabama.  The schools have played 120 times.  Georgia leads 57-55-8.  Auburn crowd will be loud.

Yes, I lived in Columbus, GA (35 miles from Auburn) for a number of years and that city is about 50/50 GA and miserable Auburn fans, lol. Years ago the game was played in Columbus.  A lot of good natured GA/Auburn parties on Friday nights. You are correct sir about the split of Auburn students and football players being from GA. Ironically, the visiting team often wins the game. Another tidbit, Vince Dooley former GA coach, played at Auburn and Pat Dye, former Auburn coach, played at GA. They coached against each other for many years. I could go on and on but don't want to get too boring.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hoginsavga on November 10, 2017, 11:57:37 am
Yes, I lived in Columbus, GA (35 miles from Auburn) for a number of years and that city is about 50/50 GA and miserable Auburn fans, lol. Years ago the game was played in Columbus.  A lot of good natured GA/Auburn parties on Friday nights. You are correct sir about the split of Auburn students and football players being from GA. Ironically, the visiting team often wins the game. Another tidbit, Vince Dooley former GA coach, played at Auburn and Pat Dye, former Auburn coach, played at GA. They coached against each other for many years. I could go on and on but don't want to get too boring.

Cool stuff. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 10, 2017, 08:59:15 am

Auburn 17 Georgia 13

Good predictions.  Other than Georgia's game against Notre Dame, Alabama and Georgia have had a soft schedule.

Alabama and Georgia are going to have to play better than they have been if either one of them make it to the Playoff.  They also better hope Clemson doesn't make it to the Playoff.

Alabama and Georgia better go ahead and prepare for the fact that they are not going to consistently run the ball well against Clemson.  Auburn got 38 total rushing yards on 42 rushing attempts (a 0.9 yard per carry average) against Clemson's defense.

Rayzback

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 10, 2017, 10:44:40 am
Gonna be a fun day to watch college football.  Think I'll thaw some venison now for the chili. 

With a big high school playoff game tonight and Titans/Bengals game Sunday, it just don't get any better than this at my house.  Faith, family and football.  Of course wins across the board would be nice.

I could get on board with Miss St pulling off an upset.  Would rather have Georgia make a run just for the possibly of playing Miami.

Got out of work today and was surprised to see that my wife had paid to have the yard work done (tons of leaves) just so I could relax and enjoy football all weekend.  Love!
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

bphi11ips

Quote from: Rayzback on November 10, 2017, 11:07:11 pm
I could get on board with Miss St pulling off an upset.  Would rather have Georgia make a run just for the possibly of playing Miami.

Got out of work today and was surprised to see that my wife had paid to have the yard work done (tons of leaves) just so I could relax and enjoy football all weekend.  Love!

Cool story, bro.  Seriously.