Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juwan Franklin not going to UA

Started by FBPLAYER65, August 23, 2007, 10:59:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FBPLAYER65

August 23, 2007, 10:59:06 am Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:04:58 pm by drakehog
Juwan Franklin is going to try to get into USF or UCF.

Jim Harris

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 23, 2007, 10:59:06 am
Gatson is not going to make it in. Juwan Franklin is going to try to get into USF or UCF.

If Franklin's a non-qualifier, which I'm told he is, how does he get into anywhere?

It became apparent the UA was likely giving up on him when he didn't show up at Arkansas Baptist College for its juco program and nobody there knew where he was. There's a reason why a guy that looked that good on film was available and not wanted by Florida's big three schools.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 23, 2007, 11:05:12 am
He can prop at USF or UCF

Right, IF he has his core in place. He had neither the core in place or the ACT/SAT, is what was hinted to me by people who should know, hence JUCO was his only option. I guess they'll figure a way at those Florida schools, though. Hargrave would have been an option if his core were in place.

That's why playing USF or UCF would be dangerous as nonconference foes, the kind of renegades they can bring in that are a ACT point off from being Gators, Seminoles or Hurricanes. USF beating WVa last year wasn't a fluke by any means. They outplayed them, at Morgantown. They'll continue to be problems for the Big East higher-echelon.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

regi

Franklin did look to good to be true, especially when you consider that he could walk to Ben Hill Griffith Stadium from Donnelan, Fl. The other really helps with leaving more scholarship room for SEC level players.

ntubjr

Drake.I thought thr Big East stopped this last year

Kevin Bacon

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

snf6278

I went to the ABC scrimmage and he wasn't there nor was he listed on the roster.

hardcorehogfan

this stinks, i thought he was the steal of last years class.

ListenHereMister

Who is the USF RB that signed with Alabama and then went to Prep School.
He is supposedly a big time stud that will dominate the Big Least.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 24, 2007, 08:05:08 am
Quote from: drakehog on August 23, 2007, 11:08:50 am

Right, IF he has his core in place. He had neither the core in place or the ACT/SAT, is what was hinted to me by people who should know, hence JUCO was his only option. I guess they'll figure a way at those Florida schools, though. Hargrave would have been an option if his core were in place.

That's why playing USF or UCF would be dangerous as nonconference foes, the kind of renegades they can bring in that are a ACT point off from being Gators, Seminoles or Hurricanes. USF beating WVa last year wasn't a fluke by any means. They outplayed them, at Morgantown. They'll continue to be problems for the Big East higher-echelon.

And our coaches knew this too when they signed him. Hell, they could have at the very least used those scholarships on a couple Arkansas kids that dreamed of being Hogs.

That will help us with the 85.  There are more good Arkansas kids this year in terms of talent that we haven't offered yet.  Hope we do now.

Kevin

2 more we sign that doesn't make it to campus.

we have the david copperfield of college recruiting.  february you see them, in august you don't
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

z-pak

Quote from: Kevin on August 24, 2007, 11:06:19 am

we have the david copperfield of college recruiting.  february you see them, in august you don't
If you will look at other schools you'll see we're not alone.
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

simpleman

Quote from: ListenHereMister on August 24, 2007, 09:50:32 am
Who is the USF RB that signed with Alabama and then went to Prep School.
He is supposedly a big time stud that will dominate the Big Least.

Mike Ford

JackJohnson

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 24, 2007, 11:54:20 am
Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 24, 2007, 10:18:31 am
Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 24, 2007, 08:05:08 am
Quote from: drakehog on August 23, 2007, 11:08:50 am

And our coaches knew this too when they signed him. Hell, they could have at the very least used those scholarships on a couple Arkansas kids that dreamed of being Hogs.

That will help us with the 85.  There are more good Arkansas kids this year in terms of talent that we haven't offered yet.  Hope we do now.

We can only bring in 25 each year. This does nothing to help two kids we could have signed instead of two the coaches knew were not gonna make it when they signed them

i bet they are kicking themselves that they didn't get a james thomas or jared glover that they said they didn't have room for...

Kevin

it just seems the ones we don't get are all last minute high star guys who bump our recruiting class
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawgballz

Since Gaston was cleared by the NCAA today I guess a lot of ya'll will be offering apologizes.  .............................. No, I didn't think so, that just wouldn't be ya'lls style.  Hit & run on the coaching staff & kid anonymously and then just disappear.

PigWig

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 24, 2007, 05:52:55 pm
Since Gaston was cleared by the NCAA today I guess a lot of ya'll will be offering apologizes.  .............................. No, I didn't think so, that just wouldn't be ya'lls style.  Hit & run on the coaching staff & kid anonymously and then just disappear.
No joke.

How many of you posted on my "Gatson is good to go" thread?

I can already hear the shots coming when Adams announces tonight. Please post it on MMQB and not in the recruiting forum.

Hawgballz

Quote from: z-pak on August 24, 2007, 02:41:17 pm

Here is a link to help back you up, z-pak, although it is hard to show something to the blind.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=149743.0

z-pak

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 24, 2007, 05:56:11 pm
Quote from: z-pak on August 24, 2007, 02:41:17 pm

Here is a link to help back you up, z-pak, although it is hard to show something to the blind.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=149743.0
Can lead them to water but can't make 'em drink.
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

sihog

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 23, 2007, 10:59:06 am
Gatson is not going to make it in. Juwan Franklin is going to try to get into USF or UCF.
You need to check your source, Gatson is on his way to the Hill..
GO HOGS GO