Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Adams Announcement

Started by Monk-N-Dunk, August 22, 2007, 10:56:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HUNGLOWHOG

WERE IS RICHARD??? WE NEED YOU NOW ANY INFO ??? ??? ???

ListenHereMister

I think he will be a HOG.
Cruz Williams
DJ Williams
Mom will be close by.
Horton and Lee good recruiting.

Just my .02

DCimport

The school he feels that fits him will be more important than friends (our lack of effective passing game
Mom can move
I'm sure those on other coaching staff are as good as Lee Horton

Wu Tang Clan

Jim Harris

Quote from: DCimport on August 23, 2007, 10:20:05 am

The school he feels that fits him will be more important than friends (our lack of effective passing game
Mom can move
I'm sure those on other coaching staff are as good as Lee Horton

Maybe he saw Saturday (at least on tape) that Nathan Dick can actually pass the ball accurately, and that UA might just have a passing game in coming seasons. I'm just saying maybe: All those other schools in his list have proven passers.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

DCimport

He sounds like the recruit that we will not really know until feb.  Hopefully the stars and plants will align in the right pattern and we may finally have a balanced offence to show him he can come here and do more than special teams, block, and be in a two wide out set that never enters the middle of the field

J.A.Y.

Nate Olson just said on The ZONE @103.7 he was headed to USC
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

kibster

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

ksrazorback

Well when Coaches announce there intentions to coach for certain University, they announce at that school, so my thoughts are Joe will be playing for the Razorback!!

No links or proof, just a hunch... this was written back on Aug 15 but is a good read.
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/668537.html

:razorback: Go Future Razorback ... Joe Adams     :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

DCimport

Quote from: ksrazorback on August 23, 2007, 12:48:42 pm
Well when Coaches announce there intentions to coach for certain University, they announce at that school, so my thoughts are Joe will be playing for the Razorback!!

No links or proof, just a hunch... this was written back on Aug 15 but is a good read.
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/668537.html

:razorback: Go Future Razorback ... Joe Adams     :razorback:    :razorback:

??

grayhawg

If he commits and still visits other schools it don't sound like he is commited. I think we find out in Feb.

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

arkyman

Hawgasaurus

Spoiler Alert!!!!

I heard from my sources he is leaning towrds Hendrix to focus on his studies!!!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

J.A.Y.

I hope he doesn't go to USC, I'm just relaying what was said on their show.

arkyman

My source is pretty darn good and it looks like he may be headed to the Peachtree state.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on August 23, 2007, 01:48:27 pm
Spoiler Alert!!!!

Dangit, I was pulling for Henderson.   :(
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 23, 2007, 02:15:31 pm
Spoiler Alert!!!!

HSU is still a darkhorse from what my sources tell me, but only if Clark County votes to become a "wet" county...
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on August 23, 2007, 02:18:56 pm
Spoiler Alert!!!!

HSU is still a darkhorse from what my sources tell me, but only if Clark County votes to become a "wet" county...

IT'S NOT WET!!!  Damn another shocker.  I am not sure how much my heart can take.

fullfan

Quote from: arkyman on August 23, 2007, 01:59:00 pm
My source is pretty darn good and it looks like he may be headed to the Peachtree state.
Around the SEC we are starting to be known as the cherry tree state.  Why?   The top SEC schools can just waltz in and cherry pick the state's most prized recruits.   The past 3 seasons anyway.

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 23, 2007, 02:21:16 pm
Quote from: Hawgasaurus on August 23, 2007, 02:18:56 pm
Spoiler Alert!!!!

IT'S NOT WET!!!  Damn another shocker.  I am not sure how much my heart can take.

It is truly a roller coaster ride of emotions...

Hogway

In this thread alone we have 4 predictions.  USC, UGA, Florida, and UA.  This kid is so talented he has us as off balance as opposing defenders.   

Peppa Pig

Quote from: fullfan on August 23, 2007, 02:27:57 pm
Around the SEC we are starting to be known as the cherry tree state.  Why?   The top SEC schools can just waltz in and cherry pick the state's most prized recruits.   The past 3 seasons anyway.

Take a look at the Top 10 players in the state this year and tell me if that's still true.  Looks like someone "built a fence" around that cherry orchard.

TX HOG

Quote from: poohpig on August 23, 2007, 02:55:06 pm
Around the SEC we are starting to be known as the cherry tree state.  Why?   The top SEC schools can just waltz in and cherry pick the state's most prized recruits.   The past 3 seasons anyway.

Take a look at the Top 10 players in the state this year and tell me if that's still true.  Looks like someone "built a fence" around that cherry orchard.

A fence?  Not yet.  This year the hole is just smaller.  Nutt needs to keep the top instate talent for more than one year to say he built a fence.  We need a steel fence, not a straw fence.

Hawgballz

For the last 5 years (that is as far as I went back) Arkansas has kept a higher percentage of the top 10 players in-state than any other SEC school except LSU.  I get tired of hearing this stuff when it is not true.

TX HOG

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 23, 2007, 03:11:51 pm

For the last 5 years (that is as far as I went back) Arkansas has kept a higher percentage of the top 10 players in-state than any other SEC school except LSU.  I get tired of hearing this stuff when it is not true.

I guess, I haven't researched it, but the other schools LSU, Alabama, Aubrun get great out of state talent.  They get more blue chip out of state kids than we do.  All in all we need to consistently recruit better instate and out of state.

ntubjr

How do you keep somrone in state who goes to neither camp and did not return the coaches texts I do not lnow where he is going but I do not think it is UA I know UA is not expecting him to commit

grayhawg

Quote from: ntubjr on August 23, 2007, 03:30:30 pm
How do you keep somrone in state who goes to neither camp and did not return the coaches texts I do not lnow where he is going but I do not think it is UA I know UA is not expecting him to commit
spellcheck is your friend.

Hogway

The more I think about it I find this whole situation puzzling.  I realize Joe wants to catch or touch the ball whichever you prefer.  I am on the fence with the coaching staff but I just don't understand how we can miss on this kid.  A good majority of the LR players play early which would be a plus.  DJ and Cruz have to be helping us.  He is also friends with DMAC I believe.  Maybe I am putting too much stock into his friendships.  We have two of the top 10 dual threat QB's in the country coming in to go along with Nathan who seems to be getting acclimated pretty early.  Judging by his role at CAC he can probably step in and fill Felix's position in the Wildhog when he moves on considering we find someone to take DMAC's role and continue to use the formation.  We can use him at corner as well as on offense if our coaches would allow it.  I really feel we have alot to offer Joe.  Is it Nutt?  Does anyone know the real reason Joe portrays that he is put off by us.  I know most on here don't care for Nutt and in quite a few situations I don't either but Nutt has shown that he will get the ball to those who deserve to get it.  He hasn't announced yet nor is it close to signing day but I would think this one would have been easier to get than others we already have even though we may still get him before signing day.  But who knows... Thoughts?

LordStanleysHog

Techinically, just last year...but there's nothing wrong with exaggerating to make your point more effective...

Kilgor

Quote from: Hogway on August 23, 2007, 04:01:37 pm
The more I think about it I find this whole situation puzzling.  I realize Joe wants to catch or touch the ball whichever you prefer.  I am on the fence with the coaching staff but I just don't understand how we can miss on this kid.  A good majority of the LR players play early which would be a plus.  DJ and Cruz have to be helping us.  He is also friends with DMAC I believe.  Maybe I am putting too much stock into his friendships.  We have two of the top 10 dual threat QB's in the country coming in to go along with Nathan who seems to be getting acclimated pretty early.  Judging by his role at CAC he can probably step in and fill Felix's position in the Wildhog when he moves on considering we find someone to take DMAC's role and continue to use the formation.  We can use him at corner as well as on offense if our coaches would allow it.  I really feel we have alot to offer Joe.  Is it Nutt?  Does anyone know the real reason Joe portrays that he is put off by us.  I know most on here don't care for Nutt and in quite a few situations I don't either but Nutt has shown that he will get the ball to those who deserve to get it.  He hasn't announced yet nor is it close to signing day but I would think this one would have been easier to get than others we already have even though we may still get him before signing day.  But who knows... Thoughts?

Screwing over the top two recruits from the 2006 recruiting class

No passing game

Back to back losing seasons

1/3rd of the state hating the coach

Future instability, etc.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

cardinalhawg

Perhaps Adams realizes that he better commit to Georgia, Florida, or USC now, or he will not have a chance to later, as scholarships feel up, and maybe the pressure is being put on him.  Then if keeps taking those visits, he is still considering other possibilities and perhaps realizes that the Hogs will take him with open arms, whenever he commits, should he decide to change his commitment later.

It does seem like there are a number of people who know things who is flat out saying he is going to one school, but then another person says another thing.

slopinhogs

i don't blame the kids for this i blame the tv stations , who can be the first wit ANY news? Fox can :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

dotnet

Why do you blame the tv stations?  They probably think he is going to pick Arkansas.  They don't have a clue.

The_Champ

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

Wu Tang Clan

Believe it or not, not every kid wants to go to Arkansas regardless of how hard they recruit them.  I hate it when Arkansas misses on kids like Tyrell Johnson(ASU) and many others who wanted to be Razorbacks.  Offer The SHOW and Rodney Brown. 

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Kilgor on August 23, 2007, 04:27:00 pm

No passing game

Future instability, etc.

Jarius Wright, Cruz Williams, DeAnthony Curtis and Greg Childs did not seem concerned what happened to the recruits from 2006. 

Hogway

I believe it Clan.  I get USC but I don't get it if he picks them.  From what we hear and read he seems to be more interested in O.  If what we read is true and Carroll wants him for D and he likes how Florida uses Percy, and UGA (can you name a big time receiver they have produced) or any reciever they have used in a role similar to what Joe is used to at CAC?  Then you look at what Arkansas has to offer and it is a weird situation.  3-4 totally different situations it seems at each school.  It is almost like he is deciding on how he wants to play more than where.  Could it be that Carroll convinced him that his best chance to be a high round pick in the league is at corner?  If he chooses SC that is what I would think the reasoning is.  Plus he will have a nice shot at a couple of rings.     

Kilgor

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 23, 2007, 10:16:40 pm

No passing game

Future instability, etc.

Jarius Wright, Cruz Williams, DeAnthony Curtis and Greg Childs did not seem concerned what happened to the recruits from 2006. 

[sarcasm]Yes, because all recruits think the same way.[/sarcasm]

Some of them had no better options, other wanted to be Hogs regardless of the coach, some wanted to go with their friends, some wanted to play in front of family and the home state.

You think many recruits are coming because of Houston Nutt and all that he brings to the table?

riccoar

I think knowing HDN will never pass the ball will be all Joe needs to know.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Kilgor on August 24, 2007, 12:59:25 am

No passing game

Future instability, etc.

Some of them had no better options, other wanted to be Hogs regardless of the coach, some wanted to go with their friends, some wanted to play in front of family and the home state.

You think many recruits are coming because of Houston Nutt and all that he brings to the table?

First off Kilgor, I could care less about Houston Nutt.  Every player I named had other options and could have went to a big time program.  Every recruit that does not decide to go to Arkansas is certainly not worried about what happened to players in the 2006 class.  I am not a Nutt fan because of his playcalling and recruiting efforts over the years, but what you are talking about is ridiculous.  Not everyone is soft and runs at the first sign of adversity.  I wish you would leave the feminine gossip and crying over at Monday night quaterback or whatever it is called.   

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Kilgor on August 24, 2007, 12:59:25 am

No passing game

Future instability, etc.

You said some of them have no better options.  Know what you are talking about first before making stupid statements.  Some people just have no clue what they are talking about.  You were not talking about players not wanting to come to Arkansas because of two players being offended when Arkansas was getting a commitment every day.  I was not using sarcasm but stating a fact.  You are just making hypocritical statements with very little validity. 

Kilgor

Now I remember why you were on ignore.  Back you go.

Hogstocking

Per UGAsports this morning, Adams final 5 are Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, USC and Texas A&M

Texas A&M??  Very surprised to see them in the final 5 and not LSU.  IMO Adams is UGA bound, but if I were a fan of whoever he commits to,  I wouldnt feel warm and fuzzy about his verbal.  He's still planning on taking official visits and he has seemed very indecisive throughout the entire recruiting process   It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him decommit and verbal to someone else before February.  I could totally see him a Trojan or Gator before its all said and done (assuming he commits to UGA 2nite). 

Hogway

I agree.  The way things are going I can see him playing for anyone right now.  The only team that has pressure to sign him is Arkansas anyway.  The teams we are competing against won't blink if he chooses another school.  SC will just say "next".  Georgia already has 2 rated ahead of him.  Florida well they are short on athletes (haha).  A&M is very surprising.  This won't be over until Feb. you are right about that.  I think I'm wanting to make Joe a Charles Woodson at Michigan clone but with more emphasis on O than D.  That was my hope at least. 

ListenHereMister

No passing game

Future instability, etc.

Very true Wu Tang.  You and I finally agree on something!!

forttownpimp

What time is the announcement?

TX HOG

Hawgballz