Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Recruiting Guy : Adding quality defensive linemen is priority for Hogs

Started by Tomhog™, August 21, 2007, 08:42:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Since 1894

Good Read

I didn't know RR could write in complete sentenses!!!

Be good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Hawgballz

Great article, I just love Richard's work.  Wish he would come back and visit more often, but I guess he is living "high on the hog" now.  We need 2 DL so I sure hope we can get at least 1 of these and getting Lynn would be huge.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

TMc

Good read .., Richard does a very good job.. Tom.. about Gillespie.. I have read several times he has no grades.  It has been a while since I have read on him.., but I'm pretty sure of my info.  We need (although he is an O-lineman)  is John Williams out of Booker T.. 6-4" 300lbs.. if I'm not mistaken.  I wish we could get Stacy McGee .., but my gut tells me he is OU bound. 

Bacon The Saddle Again

I would love to get him too, but Scout.com said that many coaches are calling his academic situation "hopeless."

Maybe at the very least he can JUCO for two years and then tear up some SEC offenses.

But "hopeless" doesn't sound like a good word.

oldfart

we need to get him into that BYU program that Broderick Green and others apparently used.....

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 link=toput hpic=148888.msg2347437#msg2347437 date=1187803545
Gillespie is a sign and place.

tophawg19

the watts kid from bearden has sayed if arkansas offers he will sign. grades are a question but as anyone from camden , texarkana and warren can tell you this kid is for real
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

mrcrowley

keeping instate kids instate should be dales priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawgballz

Quote from: mrcrowley on August 24, 2007, 10:23:50 pm
keeping instate kids instate should be dales priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but there are folks who would be on here immediately complaining if Nutt offered Watts that he is only a 2* with no other big offers.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

aaron_c

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 24, 2007, 10:37:08 pm

Yes, but there are folks who would be on here immediately complaining if Nutt offered Watts that he is only a 2* with no other big offers.

Very true.  His top priority should be to get the best recruits to the hill (in-state or not) and not screw anything up.  The only difference between in-state and out-of-state kids is that the in-state guys (in theory) should be easier to get, because many are Razorback fans.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 24, 2007, 10:37:08 pm

Most people on here would complain if someone said the sky was blue and grass was green.  How can Rivals evaluate a kid they have never seen play anywhere.  There is too much stock put in some of the stars.  Other than 5 star athletes and the extremely high 4 stars recruiting services are not that accurate.  There is no way in hell Deshow is a 2 star player. 

tophawg19

if he is a 2 star he just made some of our other recruits look bad
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

arkjay19

Doesn't Arkansas have a couple players from Jenks?  Maybe that will help their chances.  Maybe Arkansas can get a package deal with Gillispie and their quarterback.