Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Wilson

Started by blake, August 21, 2007, 08:09:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blake

Any word on were he is going? I thought he was going to declare before the season starts.

JackJohnson

Quote from: blake on August 21, 2007, 08:09:41 am
Any word on were he is going? I thought he was going to declare before the season starts.

hopefully Tulsa, but he is leaning towards Mizzou last i heard, with Tulsa right behind...

claytongray

I thought every SEC school was salivating over him. What happened?

RazorAg

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 21, 2007, 08:34:19 am
Quote from: blake on August 21, 2007, 08:09:41 am

hopefully Tulsa, but he is leaning towards Mizzou last i heard, with Tulsa right behind...

For his sake, I would hope he chooses Mizzou.  The offense fits his strengths, and he'll be playing big-time football in the Big 12 rather than Conference USA.

ceegar

Mizzou would be a great fit for him.  It looks like he was plan b or c for some of the SEC teams recruiting him.  Mizzou has a good coaching staff and play in a BCS conference.  Good Luck to him wherever he chooses.  I heard he is a very good baseball player, maybe he is looking in that direction.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

TheHogFan

Why wouldn't he go o Alabama or LSU? That was the big controversy on here a few months ago. Everyon was up in arms ab Saben and Miles thinking he was good enough but Nutt didn't offer him. Anyone else remeber that?

Hogstocking

August 21, 2007, 11:51:13 am #6 Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:52:44 am by Hogstocking
Quote from: TheHogFan on August 21, 2007, 11:41:25 am
Why wouldn't he go o Alabama or LSU? That was the big controversy on here a few months ago. Everyon was up in arms ab Saben and Miles thinking he was good enough but Nutt didn't offer him. Anyone else remeber that?

He tried to commit to LSU, but Miles wouldn't accept his commitment.  I've heard bama pulled his offer as well.

He'll end up at Mizzou IMO and I think its a great fit. They run the spread, it's close to home, major BCS conference etc.etc.  Mizzou seems to always have good QBs too, Chase Daniel is one of the better QBs in the BigXII and obviously Brad Smith was good.

hogtusk

I still think he is going to play baseball, having a football offer is a good bargaining chip $$$$$.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

BADASSPIG

Quote from: hogtusk on August 21, 2007, 04:02:54 pm
I still think he is going to play baseball, having a football offer is a good bargaining chip $$$$$.
BINGO! He will go pro if the money is right... If not? It's Tulsa! TU is gonna add 20,000 seats to Skelley Stadium and Tyler is a huge part of their plan. This kid comes from a great family and will excel in whatever he chooses.

Tripod1

Good chance he will follow the Stegall kid and go the baseball route instead.  He is not the runner Stegall was but may be a better passer. 

Luke Duke

With Kelly Page switching to Oregon, from Tulsa, I imagine the Ducks are out of the picture as well.  Would've been a long way, but a pretty cool place to go.

Mizzou would be good.
I remember I caught tons of hell on this board for saying Peterson was faster than McFadden.  That's one reason I was looking forward to the combine.  If McFadden ran a legit 4.28, you bet he'd be there.

-NWASooner

Jim Harris

Quote from: claytongray on August 21, 2007, 08:46:21 am
I thought every SEC school was salivating over him. What happened?

Sounds like he had one helluva press agent.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

tbhogfan

The MLB draft is in early to mid June.  If a player seems likely to go in the draft, as Wilson does, schools are going to be wary of offering him, simply because they could lose a key recruit with no hope of recovery in that class. 

That is the main reason many of the SEC/BIG XII schools have backed away, and his best offers now come from Tulsa and Mizzou (and hopefully my St Louis Cardinals  ;))
Go Hogs!

ntubjr

I do not mean to be argumentative but I know Saban pulled his offer because he did not think he was an SEC QB Wilson tried to commit to LSU and they would not take it The UA coaches knew what they were doing

yraciv

Wilson would fit perfectly at Tulsa, but I don't feel he is good enough for the Big 12 or SEC.  I'll change my opinion though if he soundly beats the defending state champs...which he won't.

1longshot

he beat them last year and he'll beat SS this year with the help of his team and hopefully he'll then be the QB of the three time defending state champions

hog37

Wilson needs to seriously think about KU.  New offense, 1 back set, would be perfect to showcase his strengths.  He could play early too.

DaForsaken

1longshot

i don't like the thought of the distractions during season but that comes with the territory so i think he probably would be better off if he waited to let a strong senior year get the attention of the more notable programs that have shown interest he is that good and will get a chance somewhere if he has the type of season that he should