Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren - Camden Fairview Scrimmage

Started by kibster, August 20, 2007, 02:56:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kibster

August 20, 2007, 02:56:25 pm Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:38:32 pm by kibster
I was wondering if anyone was gonig to the Warren and Camden Fairview scrimmage tonight and report on it later?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

jj202020

i'll be there.   i keep the stats, and I'll forward those.

The Recruiting Guy

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomcat on August 20, 2007, 04:08:33 pm
I was going to, but something came up.  I'm disappointed.  Was going to take pics for the board.

I originally had a business meeting scheduled down there today, but it got moved so I am not going to be able to make it.  I was really looking forward to it, dang the luck.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

FayettenamVeteran

August 20, 2007, 09:15:58 pm #5 Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:22:03 pm by FayettenamVeteran
Class 2A Bearden beat Texarkana in their scrimmage, 13-0.  Dewayne "Show" Watts proved why is the best player in the state that many haven't heard of as he rushed for 160+ and 2 scores....all in just 1 quarter of play.  Bearden held Txkana to 2 first downs.

Last check, Bearden was up on Camden Fairview 8-0.  Watts had a 40 yard run on the first play from scrimmage.  Curtis was slow starting, Youngblood showed his arm.

All I have on the scrimmage thus far. 

I was told the atmosphere was playoff like and that Warren's complex was packed.

FayettenamVeteran

August 20, 2007, 09:31:20 pm #6 Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:21:41 pm by FayettenamVeteran
Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on August 20, 2007, 09:15:58 pm
Class 2A Bearden beat Texarkana in their scrimmage, 13-0.  Dewayne "Show" Watts proved why is the best player in the state that many haven't heard of as he rushed for 160+ and 2 scores.

Last check, Bearden was up on Camden Fairview 8-0.  Watts had a 40 yard run on the first play from scrimmage.  Curtis was slow starting, Youngblood showed his arm.

I was told the atmosphere was playoff like and that Warren's complex was packed.

Bearden 14 - Camden Fairview 6
Bearden held CF to 1 first down.

Warren 21 - Bearden 8

Each team played the other 1 quarter...Bearden, Camden Fairview, Texarkana, Warren.

Wu Tang Clan

Class 2A Bearden beat Texarkana in their scrimmage, 13-0.  Dewayne "Show" Watts proved why is the best player in the state that many haven't heard of as he rushed for 160+ and 2 scores....all in just 1 quarter of play.  Bearden held Txkana to 2 first downs.

I wish I could have made it back to the Southeast part of the state, but it looks like Dwayne Watts is called the Show for a reasonk, and he proved it against big time competition.  Warren may have one of the best teams ever in the state. 

Kilgor

Ever in the state is a big statement... I seem to remember a better one a couple of years ago from Springdale and there have been a lot other of very good teams over the years.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Kilgor on August 20, 2007, 11:13:18 pm
Ever in the state is a big statement... I seem to remember a better one a couple of years ago from Springdale and there have been a lot other of very good teams over the years.

They may not end up being THE best, but they have the potential to be one of the best.  Their offense, with this corp of receivers, will be video game freakish.  They will score points at a prolific rate.

On defense, all 11 will be 6 foot to 6'4 from 175 to 250 or so, athletic and speed to burn.

I'll be excited to see them play sometime this year.

Wu Tang Clan

Check my words.  I said ONE of the best ever.  Before it is all said and done there will be more D1 offers going out to players from the Warren squad than were on that team from Springdale.  The skill players from Warren are much better than the ones from Sprindale collectively but games are won in the trenches.  Hayden Smith will be hevily recruited along with Quinn Franklin and others.  The fact that Warren is a small town is even more impressive than the team from Springdale.  If not for a terrible call in the state championship game on a two point conversion Warren would be the defending champs.

gohawgsgo

From what you saw, do you think we should sign Watts?

FayettenamVeteran

[/quote]
Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 21, 2007, 08:28:27 am

From what you saw, do you think we should sign Watts?

I didn't see Watts play last night, just got updates from those who did.  However I have watched him play several times in the past.  I also coached his older brother Delenell Reid and played with his uncles in high school and it college.  Great people and athletes.

Watts is a great kid, yes sir, no sir type.  If he can make his grades and ACT, he could make the potential loss of Joe Adams not so big a deal to Arkansas.  Bearden runs an offense that is Wildcat like with him at the trigger. 

I'm proud that the 2A Bears went toe to toe with the big schools and took 2 of 3 quarters.  Not too shabby. 

bigguy551122

August 21, 2007, 09:46:56 am #15 Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 09:51:41 am by bigguy551122
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 21, 2007, 01:31:45 am

Check my words.  I said ONE of the best ever.  Before it is all said and done there will be more D1 offers going out to players from the Warren squad than were on that team from Springdale.  The skill players from Warren are much better than the ones from Sprindale collectively but games are won in the trenches.  Hayden Smith will be hevily recruited along with Quinn Franklin and others.  The fact that Warren is a small town is even more impressive than the team from Springdale.  If not for a terrible call in the state championship game on a two point conversion Warren would be the defending champs.

warren or springdale ??? ill take the springdale team any day of the week and as far as your statement that they will have more D1 people than springdale you better hope they have more than 9 go d1 cause that is what springdale had and I'm not even counting the 2 that were on the team when Mitch and them were sophomores , not to mention the 6 or 7 that are playing D2 football,,,,,,................and stop crying about you shoulda been defending champs but got screwed by a bad call .... please and you might have an arguement when your warren team can mercy rule every team they play this year until then you got nothing!
perfection is all i expect.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: bigguy551122 on August 21, 2007, 09:46:56 am

warren or springdale ??? ill take the springdale team any day of the week and as far as your statement that they will have more D1 people than springdale you better hope they have more than 9 go d1 cause that is what springdale had and I'm not even counting the 2 that were on the team when Mitch and them were sophomores , not to mention the 6 or 7 that are playing D2 football,,,,,,................and stop crying about you shoulda been defending champs but got screwed by a bad call .... please and you might have an arguement when your warren team can mercy rule every team they play this year until then you got nothing!

Hayden Smith, Quinn Franklin, Courtney Haskell, Anthony Davis, Cody Lambert, Chris Gragg, Greg Childs, Basmine Jnes, and Jarius Wright all will be D1 players and I am missing some for sure.  The only reason Springdale wins a game with team is because of their offensive and defensive lines.  The FACT that Warren is a tenth the size of Springdale makes this team that more impressive than the team from Springdale.  I better not do anything or hope anything by the way. 

Wu Tang Clan

warren or springdale ??? ill take the springdale team any day of the week and as far as your statement that they will have more D1 people than springdale you better hope they have more than 9 go d1 cause that is what springdale had and I'm not even counting the 2 that were on the team when Mitch and them were sophomores , not to mention the 6 or 7 that are playing D2 football,,,,,,................and stop crying about you shoulda been defending champs but got screwed by a bad call .... please and you might have an arguement when your warren team can mercy rule every team they play this yearI until then you got nothing!

I know what team was not the defending state champs because they could not get it done against a Central team that was much, much better the year before.  There is no way they should have lost to that Central team but their qb was running  for his life before being sent off to the sidelines. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: NinoHog on August 21, 2007, 11:00:15 am

Would you take Central or Springdale???

The argument over Springdale/Central has been on here before and bigguy551122 choose Springdale then.  I think it should be pointed out that Warren has 7 seniors who already have D1 offers, 1 junior who has a D1 offer and 1 sophomore who will have many D1 offers, so that matches the 9 that Springdale had from its 2005 team.  My guess would be that there will be other juniors & sophomores who will earn D1 offers before they graduate, eclipsing Springdale's number.  I have no idea who is the best high school team ever in Arkansas, but it is more than fair to say that both Springdale & Warren will go down as 2 of the best in the state's history if Warren performs up to expectations this year.

razorduck9

I was there last night....  and the drive was well worth it. 

Greg Childs is a FREAK.....  He is going to be a big time SEC receiver and has all the intangibles of what I would look for in an NFL reciever.  He is big, fast, can jump out of this world and go get it, etc.  The only knock, which will take care of itself in time might I add, is he could use a little bulking up.  But that will happen.  The other kids from Warren are also as advertised and could fit in and be very good for us in some position whether it be secondary, corners, return guys, maybe even recievers.  But Childs is the real deal at reciever folks.  He reminded me of Sidney Rice from South Carolina.  If given a chance, barring injuries, and him playing all 4 years........  Marcus Monk might not hold his records at the UofA very long!!

I really was impressed with Youngblood also.  He carries himself well and looks good and confident back there, he plays like a true qb should.  And he can scramble and make a few plays on the run.  I just hope that he doesn't get drafted so early in the baseball draft that he cant afford not to go. 

Curtis looked good also, he should be a good back in a few years after maturing, getting stronger, etc.

Now, on to "The Show"..........   this kid is legit.  He is not very big, but is extremely quick, not just fast at 40 sec dashes......  he is "football fast" if you know what I mean.  And he is also very good at making people miss by juking, etc.  He is definately a slasher, a Reggie Bush style of runner.  I would think he would be worth signing as an athlete, but thats just me.  He kind of reminded me of Trindan Holiday from LSU (the kid that ran the kickoff back against us at War Memorial last year) in that he was small, but LIGHTNING quick.  Watts might could fit that role for us, who knows.  As they always say, you cant teach speed!

I gurantee that there will not be that much talent on showcase on any high school football field anywhere else this year.  Pretty cool deal that they put together.

kibster

Quote from: razorduck9 on August 21, 2007, 01:25:33 pm
I was there last night....  and the drive was well worth it. 

Greg Childs is a FREAK.....  He is going to be a big time SEC receiver and has all the intangibles of what I would look for in an NFL reciever.  He is big, fast, can jump out of this world and go get it, etc.  The only knock, which will take care of itself in time might I add, is he could use a little bulking up.  But that will happen.  The other kids from Warren are also as advertised and could fit in and be very good for us in some position whether it be secondary, corners, return guys, maybe even recievers.  But Childs is the real deal at reciever folks.  He reminded me of Sidney Rice from South Carolina.  If given a chance, barring injuries, and him playing all 4 years........  Marcus Monk might not hold his records at the UofA very long!!

I really was impressed with Youngblood also.  He carries himself well and looks good and confident back there, he plays like a true qb should.  And he can scramble and make a few plays on the run.  I just hope that he doesn't get drafted so early in the baseball draft that he cant afford not to go. 

Curtis looked good also, he should be a good back in a few years after maturing, getting stronger, etc.

Now, on to "The Show"..........   this kid is legit.  He is not very big, but is extremely quick, not just fast at 40 sec dashes......  he is "football fast" if you know what I mean.  And he is also very good at making people miss by juking, etc.  He is definately a slasher, a Reggie Bush style of runner.  I would think he would be worth signing as an athlete, but thats just me.  He kind of reminded me of Trindan Holiday from LSU (the kid that ran the kickoff back against us at War Memorial last year) in that he was small, but LIGHTNING quick.  Watts might could fit that role for us, who knows.  As they always say, you cant teach speed!

I gurantee that there will not be that much talent on showcase on any high school football field anywhere else this year.  Pretty cool deal that they put together.

thanks for the report!

I really hope we offer "Showtime" because you are right, you can't coach speed.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Amityvillehogger

you guys sure are getting worked up over a scrimmage!
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hogstocking

Thanks Razorduck....Did you get to see Dennis Johnson? I understand Texarkana didn't do to well (0-3) and I'm curious how Johnson did.   

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 21, 2007, 01:38:57 pm
you guys sure are getting worked up over a scrimmage!

Not often does a 2A school not only have the chance to compete with, much less handle, 5 and 6A teams.  For Bearden being the small, rural public school that it is with half the roster numbers, it's pretty remarkable what they did last night.   

Hawgballz

It sounds like Watts may have earned himself an offer with his performance.  At 6'1" & 178 lbs he may need to add a little muscle for college.  What I am really wondering is, what is his real speed, because his speed at the scrimmage has been mentioned by several posters along with Dudley on the radio last night and the 10 O'Clock news talked about his speed and showed clips that made him look very quick, but Rivals lists him at 4.52 while Scout lists him at 4.51.  These times are not slow by any means, but everyone describing him from the scrimmage seems to protray him as being faster than that.  I have been told that he did not have the speed of a Curtis or Johnson, but last night seems to disprove that.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 21, 2007, 01:57:42 pm
It sounds like Watts may have earned himself an offer with his performance.  At 6'1" & 178 lbs he may need to add a little muscle for college.  What I am really wondering is, what is his real speed, because his speed at the scrimmage has been mentioned by several posters along with Dudley on the radio last night and the 10 O'Clock news talked about his speed and showed clips that made him look very quick, but Rivals lists him at 4.52 while Scout lists him at 4.51.  These times are not slow by any means, but everyone describing him from the scrimmage seems to protray him as being faster than that.  I have been told that he did not have the speed of a Curtis or Johnson, but last night seems to disprove that.

Watts has "football speed", quickness, agility. 

He loves contact.  I think he'll be a safety in college.

philobeddoe

As I mentioned in another thread, Watts nearly beat Junction City by himself last year.  What cost them that game was the fact that he was dead tired midway through the third quarter.  I guess when you "tote the mail" as much as he did that night, you have a good reason for being tired. 
As far as his speed goes, one of the Bearden coaches told me that Watts runs a legit 4.6, however, I agree with FayettenamVeteran.  Watts is football fast. I work in the pressbox at Junction City and from my view,  He looks a lot faster than 4.6.

Hawgballz

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on August 21, 2007, 02:08:15 pm
Quote from: Hawgballz on August 21, 2007, 01:57:42 pm

Watts has "football speed", quickness, agility. 

He loves contact.  I think he'll be a safety in college.

I was thinking sign him as a athlete and give him a good look at safety.

jj202020

Johnson didn't look good.  His O-line was horrible, so he was getting hit as soon as he touched the ball.  He had 10 carries for 5 yds and 3 catches for 64 yds and a td.

jj202020

Other headliners:
Youngblood was 10-17 for 186, 1 td and 1 int, 6 rushes for 54 yds and a td
D.Curtis had 8 rushes for 60yds, 1 td and 3 catches for 66 yds and 1 td.
J.Wright 4 catches for 120 yds and 2 td's.
G.Childs 2 catches for 80 yds.
Basmine Jones 4 catches for 111 yds and a td.

Hayden Smith, soph QB from Warren, went 11-18 for 328 yds and 4 tds. 
Courtney Haskell, soph RB from Warren, had 7 carries for 42 yds and 2 td's.

Askew was a beast.  So was Fairview's other DE.  Does anybody know anything about him?

bigguy551122

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 21, 2007, 10:42:00 am

warren or springdale ??? ill take the springdale team any day of the week and as far as your statement that they will have more D1 people than springdale you better hope they have more than 9 go d1 cause that is what springdale had and I'm not even counting the 2 that were on the team when Mitch and them were sophomores , not to mention the 6 or 7 that are playing D2 football,,,,,,................and stop crying about you shoulda been defending champs but got screwed by a bad call .... please and you might have an arguement when your warren team can mercy rule every team they play this yearI until then you got nothing!

I know what team was not the defending state champs because they could not get it done against a Central team that was much, much better the year before.  There is no way they should have lost to that Central team but their qb was running  for his life before being sent off to the sidelines. 

like i said its worth arguing over when warren mercry rules 14 straight opponents until then its simply just not.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: bigguy551122 on August 21, 2007, 04:36:01 pm

like i said its worth arguing over when warren mercry rules 14 straight opponents until then its simply just not.

I'm beginning to get the idea that you are from Springdale or something.....

kibster

Quote from: jj202020 on August 21, 2007, 04:32:54 pm

Askew was a beast.  So was Fairview's other DE.  Does anybody know anything about him?

the other DE is rated a 2 star 5.3 by Rivals,  that is pretty good considering how many other people are on that team that are rated.

#1 STUNNA

there is a good chance that warren will mercy rule 15 straight opponents

Eric Cartman

Quote from: jj202020 on August 21, 2007, 04:32:54 pm
Other headliners:
Youngblood was 10-17 for 186, 1 td and 1 int, 6 rushes for 54 yds and a td
D.Curtis had 8 rushes for 60yds, 1 td and 3 catches for 66 yds and 1 td.
J.Wright 4 catches for 120 yds and 2 td's.
G.Childs 2 catches for 80 yds.
Basmine Jones 4 catches for 111 yds and a td.

Hayden Smith, soph QB from Warren, went 11-18 for 328 yds and 4 tds. 
Courtney Haskell, soph RB from Warren, had 7 carries for 42 yds and 2 td's.

i hear that rb from warren is a stud. is the qb that good or do the receivers bail him out (not bashing)?

describe wright for me. those are amazing numbers. also childs and jones. thanks.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

#1 STUNNA

the qb will be the best to ever come from warren if he stays healthy

bigguy551122

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on August 21, 2007, 06:37:47 pm
the qb will be the best to ever come from warren if he stays healthy

i was very impressed with warrens qb at the qb 1 challenge , he would be my pick to win it next year

mossfan33

Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

#1 STUNNA

HogFanInBigD

LR Central OWNS springdale.
Callin Woo Pig From Big D!

jj202020

Correction on the stats I posted yesterday.

Child had 3 catches for 150 yds and a td.  I omitted one little 70 td catch.

razorduck9

Quote from: jj202020 on August 22, 2007, 09:17:15 am

Yeah, Childs' TD catch was a little slant across the middle where he caught it in stride.....  stiffarmed the defender to the ground DMAC style made two more miss and then flat ran off and left the others!!  It was pretty sweet........  He looked like a man among kids out there.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: razorduck9 on August 22, 2007, 03:41:20 pm

Yeah, Childs' TD catch was a little slant across the middle where he caught it in stride.....  stiffarmed the defender to the ground DMAC style made two more miss and then flat ran off and left the others!!  It was pretty sweet........  He looked like a man among kids out there.

is childs really as good as he sounds? is he better than Cruz Williams (can someone compare the two)?

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Eric Cartman on August 23, 2007, 11:00:52 am
Quote from: razorduck9 on August 22, 2007, 03:41:20 pm

is childs really as good as he sounds? is he better than Cruz Williams (can someone compare the two)?

Childs is a more physical player than Cruz Williams.  Cruz Williams is a step faster and a more precise route runner right now.  Greg Childs is still relatively new to the WR position and has more room for improvement which is scary. 

jj202020

childs hands were very suspect last year.  had 4 balls throw his way monday nite and he caught 3 of them.  i hope his hands continue to improve.  great attitude for the position, though.