Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas baptist schrimage.

Started by snf6278, August 19, 2007, 11:02:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snf6278

Went to it last night and here are some of my thoughts on what I saw and who are guys to keep an eye on for 2009.
RB's Mike Harris and Travis George looked good. MH broke for 75 yards and left every one in the dust ended up with 10/105. TG reminded me alot of Fred Tally could cut really well and really read his blocks and found his holes. Had a couple of nice runs of 20 or so yards. Didn't hear his stats but I figure it was around 8/65

WR's, two stuck out, A.J. Avery looked like a man among boys had a couple of nice catches and one he caught over the middle and took for 60 or so yds and came up just short of the goal line. Another guy to keep an eye on is Jordan Moorehead. He caught a pass over a couple of defenders and held on. he looks like with some time he could be a good one.

C, Kevin Williams was good, looked to be around 6'4" 300 and really opened some holes.

DB, Robert McKillion was a dandy, made great reads and had two picks and almost took one back to the house.

There were more but those were the guys that stood out.
They had around 15 guys from out of state reaching areas such as Minn. Wash. Cal. and DC to name a few areas. Hats off to Dr. Hill and Coach Rip for pushing this and bringing Juco to Arkansas. If you have any other Questions about any other positions just ask. I just gave the names of the guys who really stood out.

Jacobr

Is Juwan Franklin not there.  If not any idea where he went?

snf6278

Quote from: Jacobr on August 19, 2007, 11:06:40 pm
Is Juwan Franklin not there.  If not any idea where he went?
That's what puzzled me. I didn't see him and he wasn't on the roster. It threw me off because he and MH were really the ones I went to see. Maybe one of the recruiting guru's might know something.

ckhawgu

Man I hope Harris makes it to the Hill!

snf6278

Quote from: ckhawgu on August 20, 2007, 12:20:57 am
I agree, He looked good. Also another familiar name i heard was Kevin hubbard. Not sure if it was the same one that the Hogs recruited a few years back or a different one. His name didn't appear on the roster either so who knows. I do plan on making to both home games this year to see how these stack up against some other competition. should be able to get a better feel for which ones will truly stand out. Another side note, both the O-line and D-line were packing some size.

Hawgballz

Quote from: snf6278 on August 20, 2007, 01:03:00 am
Quote from: ckhawgu on August 20, 2007, 12:20:57 am
I agree, He looked good. Also another familiar name i heard was Kevin hubbard. Not sure if it was the same one that the Hogs recruited a few years back or a different one. His name didn't appear on the roster either so who knows. I do plan on making to both home games this year to see how these stack up against some other competition. should be able to get a better feel for which ones will truly stand out. Another side note, both the O-line and D-line were packing some size.

That is the same Kevin Hubbard.  He spent 2 years at Independence CC in Kansas, played 1 year & redshirted the other, so he can still play 1 more year in JC and then try to finish his last 2 years of eligibility at a 4 year school.  Moving from Independence to Arkansas Baptist will prohibit him from playing for Arkansas or any other SEC school.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

#1 STUNNA

AJ Avery and moorehead jordan are warren boys