Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Recruiting Guy : CAC receiver close to making his college decision

Started by Tomhog™, August 17, 2007, 08:31:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

piggingout

I think he does an early commitment to Arkansas and then changes his mind to Florida.  I know that doesn't make any sense but for some reason I think he does that or he just commits to Florida.  I would love to have him, but if he doesn't come here best of luck. 

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE

I hope Darren, DJ, and Cruz continue to work on him. Joe Come be a Razorback it's the best place for you.

PorkSoda

I bet he would make a good cornerback...Just kidding, but I have a feeling that unless we just bust out a passing game this season which is unlikely, he will go to USC or Florida.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

VenturaHog

good article, I got my fingers crossed for adams, sounds like he is more undecided than i thought. owens would be awesome too but it seems more realistic to land adams, really cool that we are in the running still for owens though.

Hawgballz

Quote from: PowderHawg on August 17, 2007, 12:54:24 pm
I bet he would make a good cornerback...Just kidding, but I have a feeling that unless we just bust out a passing game this season which is unlikely, he will go to USC or Florida.

If he picks USC, he will start as a DB.  That is what the USC staff has told him.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

slopinhogs

let the young man realize he will have to compete for a starting spot . and we have some good WRs on board right now and some young one also. i wish he would come to Arkansas because that is where he belongs and will do him the most good after he graduates if he plans to reside in arkansas. we will throw the ball some this year and david Lee is well aware of the 17 yds per game last year won't hold water. whether we will throw 40 times a game is highly doubtful . remember we have DMac and Felix back there.surely some of the passes will go to them. but come on Joe wear the crimson and white.GO HOGS :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

cardinalhawg

I do not know Adams, but I would not be surprised to see him commit to Arkansas, but then change if Arkansas does not exhibit a passing game acceptable in his eyes.  Committing to the Hogs or anyone right now, would at least allow him to have a little less pressure going in to his senior season, but then if he committed to the Hogs then decommitted, it would be another situation like two years ago.  Perhaps if he committed elsewhere first, at least he would not take the heat instate, if he later switched his commitment to Arkansas.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: cardinalhawg on August 17, 2007, 11:33:02 pm
I do not know Adams, but I would not be surprised to see him commit to Arkansas, but then change if Arkansas does not exhibit a passing game acceptable in his eyes.  Committing to the Hogs or anyone right now, would at least allow him to have a little less pressure going in to his senior season, but then if he committed to the Hogs then decommitted, it would be like another situation like two years ago.  Perhaps if he committed elsewhere first, at least he would not take the heat instate, if he later switched his commitment to Arkansas.

that sounds about right.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

ntubjr

He did not attend either UA camp and quit returning texts Not UA bound

leavenworth1

Quote from: ntubjr on August 18, 2007, 11:09:56 am

What's the point of "committing", but then taking official visits.  I really don't understand when players do this.  IT'S NOT A COMMITMENT IF YOU CONTINUE TO TAKE OTHER VISITS.  All it is a declaration of a "favorite".  I don't like that it's called a "commitment". 

PorkSoda

Quote from: leavenworth1 on August 18, 2007, 01:58:51 pm
Quote from: ntubjr on August 18, 2007, 11:09:56 am

What's the point of "committing", but then taking official visits.  I really don't understand when players do this.  IT'S NOT A COMMITMENT IF YOU CONTINUE TO TAKE OTHER VISITS.  All it is a declaration of a "favorite".  I don't like that it's called a "commitment". 
Official visits are paid for.  you at least get a free vacation
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

gohawgsgo

I still think we get him.  I know I am probably crazy.  We gotta show we intend to throw the football some though.

Hawgballz

Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 18, 2007, 09:33:26 pm
I still think we get him.  I know I am probably crazy.  We gotta show we intend to throw the football some though.

Forever the optimist.

gohawgsgo

Hawgballz

Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 18, 2007, 11:12:58 pm
I know.  We don't usually lose LR kids that we want though.

I agree, Nutt has held serve in Little Rock very well.

Wu Tang Clan

I wouldn't throw the football around just to show a recruit that Arkansas is going to pass unless it is working.  I would do what it takes to win the game first.  Joe Adams is good but he is not Jerry Rice.  Tell the kid you plan on passing, but your recievers are struggling to get seperation and make plays.  Prove you can make plays and passes will come should be the philosophy.   

Hawgballz

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 19, 2007, 11:03:09 am

I wouldn't throw the football around just to show a recruit that Arkansas is going to pass unless it is working.  I would do what it takes to win the game first.  Joe Adams is good but he is not Jerry Rice.  Tell the kid you plan on passing, but your recievers are struggling to get seperation and make plays.  Prove you can make plays and passes will come should be the philosophy.   

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that we throw more passes just to recruit Joe Adams, however I believe you would agree that most fans want to see a stronger more efficient passing game.

Erockster20

I think Casey Dick winning the Heisman and Joe Adams commiting to the hogs have the same probability.

cardinalhawg

Good points.  If the QB, offensive line, and the receivers prove capable, then there will be more of a passing game, and if not, then there won't be.  One can still go back and blame coaches and such, but still the players have to show the capability.

I agree that we shouldn't pass more to just recruit a player, but if the players show promise, then the passing can take care of itself.

Qbackinman

He's not "Jerry Rice?" Neither is the best Wideout in the NFL. What an analogy!

gohawgsgo

You are right, but a better passing game pushes us to the next level.  That will help recruiting too.  It is easier when you are a respected top 20 program.

cbjagman

I agree. And show him what great coaching he will receive. After all, that's how our wrs have gotten so much better at getting that elusive separation we keep hearing about.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: cbjagman on August 20, 2007, 03:46:18 pm

I agree. And show him what great coaching he will receive. After all, that's how our wrs have gotten so much better at getting that elusive separation we keep hearing about.

Marcus Monk is able to get seperation.  Chris Baker and Rod Coleman can get seperation but they both have trouble finishing plays.  Players make plays.  I know Clint Conque is a better coach than Nutt and Cedric Logan didn't exactly blow up at UCA last year, although he played well.