Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 16, 2007, 10:43:38 am
Quote from: hogfanintx on August 16, 2007, 09:03:59 am
Quote from: Hawgballz on August 15, 2007, 05:36:48 pm
Quote from: hogfanintx on August 15, 2007, 04:46:37 pm
Quote from: Hawgballz on August 15, 2007, 02:55:09 pm
Quote from: hogfanintx on August 15, 2007, 02:32:10 pm
I hope he signs with Arkansas.  I mean why not get another good cover corner, or saftey, or running back.  I mean we don't have a need for the receivers we have on campus now.  Why do we need more.  I am fairly certain anyone can get out there and block.  That's all he will do if he comes here.  Using him like percy harvin at Florida???  he likes that?  who said that?  Huh if we were going to use a wide out like that why didn't hdn do it last year with williams or crawford?    I mean please lets be real.  Why would anyone planning to play receiver go with houston (ground game) nutt is up there?

When watching Razorback football last year you may have noticed you may or may not have noticed 2 individual football players who filled the role of playmaker fairly well.  You may not know their names but if you see them on the field they are numbers 5 & 25 (Felix Jones & Darren McFadden), ring a bell.  Since they performed up to most people's expectations   ;), there was no need to replace them at those positions with 2 true freshmen.  This will most likely be their last year in a Hog uniform as the NFL seems to think that they may be able to contribute in that league also.  So that will leave us with the need to find 2 playmakers to replace them.  I believe some of the candidates are Michael Smith, Brandon Barnett, D'Anthoy Curtis, Jarious Wright & Joe Adams (if he comes to Arkansas).  Each of these individuals has speed and ability, the only question is "Who will get the job done the best".  Joe Adams is currently in a offense that uses him in many different ways just as I believe he would be used at Arkansas.  Remember Percy Harvin carried the ball more than he caught it last year (30 rushes - 23 catches) in a very pass happy offense.

hawgballz if you are not aware of the meaning of the word sarcasm then look it up.  In no way shape or form was I literally implying they should start over d-mac or jones.  what I was saying is why recruit a wide out and play him atthat position.  we do not use the wide outs we have.  If you weren't aware was I was doing was taking a shot at HDN's lack of guts or imagination in the offense he chooses to run.  especially in a big game.  So yes that sounded all super intelligent when you wrote it, but it made abolutely zero sense.  So when you go to single someone out at least know what you are talking about.

Have you been to any of CAC's football games to see how Adams is utilized.  You are still not getting the point, Percy Harvin & Joe Adams are not WRs, they are Athletes, they can play anywhere on the field except OL or DL.  Percy Harvin had more rushes than catches in high school & more carries than catches in his 1st year of college, Joe Adams had 2 & 1/2 times as many carries as catches last year in high school.  Joe Adams wants to be used in the same way Harvin & others are.  Why can't he fit into DMac's or Felix's position?  To say we should not be trying to recruit Joe for this same type of usage in college does not make sense.  Before you bow up against this strategy to need to bring more to the table than just your hate for Nutt.  You have been on this site for 5 days & 44 posts and best I can tell by looking at your posts, the only thing you have brought is your total dislike for the HC and even though I don't care for Nutt a whole lot, you need to bring something more to the conversation than that as there is already plenty of dislike for Nutt on this board.

Point taken Hawgballz, but what I will be bringing to this board is this.  I am fed up with not being able to win big game  because we have nothing that resembles a passing attack.  Yes GUS brought in the wildcat(now hogwild or whatever we are calling it)  because he had to come up with something since it was evident HDN wasn't going to allow him to open it up through the air.  I mean at some point to compete on the national scene you have to quit adding wrinkles to the running game and establish something through the air.  This has been promised evey pre-season as long as I can remember.  The problem is Nutt knows he is one scre up away from being gone.  He has had plenty of time to work in a passing game, take his lumps and stick with it.  Had he done this four or five years ago we would be ready.  Stubborness, ego, stupidity, I dunno.  Something has prevented him from ever taking that step.  With the talent they have you can win a lot of games, but not the really big ones.  His preperation for bowl games has been laughable at best.  I mean I refuse to run around excited like a kid anymore until he shows me that commitment.  Until that time I will be critical.  I just learned about this site a week ago or so, or I would have been on here slamming HDN a long time ago. 

Fair enough, we think alike in many respects just try to keep the Nutt stuff on the MMQB forum.  Over here it is all about recruiting.  No matter who the coach is in the future, I want the best football players we can get to be at Arkansas.

Got ya "hawgballz"  Like I said as you can see I am new to the site.  I also want the best available players regardless of coach.  Problem is when we get them I want to know we have coaches that can get them into situations to help us win.  I know I probably crossed the two boards up and that's my fault.  Part of the problem is I am just soooooooo tired of it year in and year out that it takes very little to get me ranting against HDN.  I don't mean to do it, but the fans that support him blindly no matter what he does also gets me in a state of pissed off I can't begin to explain.  Honestly I want what is best for the program and the kids on campus and future kids coming to the team.  Right now I don't feel we have that.  Again I apologize to all if my posts here aren't appropriate for the recruiting forum.
Let's make some waves.

Qbackinman

USC or Florida look like an either-or for Adams.

Qbackinman

No one else mentioned the quote from Adams? Saying the top teams he's considering have a chance to win a national championship this year "and even Georgia and Arkansas should have great seasons."