Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Adams to announce...

Started by J_Ville_Devils_Den, August 15, 2007, 05:20:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Ville_Devils_Den

August 15, 2007, 05:20:06 am Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 05:23:36 am by J_Ville_Devils_Den
27 AUG

It's down to USC, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Arkansas

READ HERE
Member Number:  #329

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.

J_Ville_Devils_Den

Member Number:  #329

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.

hardcorehogfan

he is not going to Arkansas, good luck joe

gohawgsgo

Doesn't sound good, but he is still taking his visits after his committment.  If we show we can throw it, I think there is still a chance. 

whitecohogg

notreseveredname

I bet my next pay check he will be a bulldog.

Hollywood_HOGan45

well
guess you cant get them all.

We've done very well in WR recruiting this year especially for a program that hasnt put together a solid passing game since 1999.

PigWig

I wanted Jameel more than Joe all along so lets hope our chances will be better with Jameel if we end up losing Adams.

Oregan hog

I still think he will announce that he will be a HOG. Why would you announce before your season and get beat-up on all year long about being a Bulldog, TroJan, or God forbid a lack luster Tiger . I think in the end he will be a Hog cuz he knows this is were he belongs.

bigtusk

I didn't care at all for his perception that he might need to go to a bigger school one that is more recognized.  That doesn't sound like he is going to be a hog at all to me.

Eric Cartman

im not bashing the guy, but he has been slipping in the rankings.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

hoggystyle78

Come to Arkansas Joe, Nutt will be gone next year and you'll have a real coach. I'm tired of some of our best athletes going out of state, can you imagine the team we could field with some that we've let get away?

PigWig

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on August 15, 2007, 09:08:06 am
Come to Arkansas Joe, Nutt will be gone next year and you'll have a real coach. I'm tired of some of our best athletes going out of state, can you imagine the team we could field with some that we've let get away?
You can't sign them all, but I will take 7, possibly 8 with DJ, out of 10 any day.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1854&Year=2008

ballhog88

It doesn't sound to good for us.

Dirty

Tomhog™

Quote from: bigtusk on August 15, 2007, 09:05:21 am
I didn't care at all for his perception that he might need to go to a bigger school one that is more recognized.  That doesn't sound like he is going to be a hog at all to me.

There's your clue.  He isn't coming to Arkansas.  I still think Georgia's on his mind...

bigguy551122

Quote from: Eric Cartman on August 15, 2007, 09:07:27 am

he can slip all he wants but at the end of the day he still has offers from every major college in america thats worth a damn
perfection is all i expect.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomcat on August 15, 2007, 09:58:51 am

There's your clue.  He isn't coming to Arkansas.  I still think Georgia's on his mind...

I have felt that it was Georgia or Arkansas all along, but that statement (if it is to be taken as a clue as to how he is leaning) leads me to believe that either USC, LSU or Flordia is on his mind because he talks about those 3 schools being in the top 10 & competing for national championships and then he lumps GA & AR together by saying they will have really good seasons also.  I still believe it is Georgia or Arkansas.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

August 15, 2007, 10:18:17 am #20 Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 10:27:38 am by Hawgballz
Quote from: J_Ville_Devils_Den on August 15, 2007, 05:20:06 am
27 AUG

READ HERE

If he is still truely undecided (I doubt it) the pressure will be intense over the next 2 weeks.  I wish him the best no matter what his choice is.

PigWig

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 15, 2007, 10:18:17 am
27 AUG

READ HERE

If he is still truely undecided the pressure will be intense over the next 2 weeks.  I wish him the best no matter what his choice is.
I understand your point, but if he was truly undecided I do not think he would set a date to announce. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: Oregan hog on August 15, 2007, 08:58:20 am
I still think he will announce that he will be a HOG. Why would you announce before your season and get beat-up on all year long about being a Bulldog, TroJan, or God forbid a lack luster Tiger . I think in the end he will be a Hog cuz he knows this is were he belongs.

You have a valid point, in that most highly recruited kids who are leaving a state like Arkansas (1 BCS conference school with a large loyal fan base), wait until after the season to announce.

Hawgballz

Quote from: PigWig on August 15, 2007, 10:25:20 am
27 AUG

READ HERE

If he is still truely undecided the pressure will be intense over the next 2 weeks.  I wish him the best no matter what his choice is.
I understand your point, but if he was truly undecided I do not think he would set a date to announce. 

Agreed, I meant to put "I doubt it" behind undecided.

PigWig

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 15, 2007, 10:26:30 am
27 AUG

READ HERE

Lol..right on.

I have thought Joe was USC bound for awhile, but I will say this, if/when he commits to another school besides AR, we need to stay on him.  I think he really wants to come here but is just hesitant due to the state of our passing game.

If we "open up the offense" I think the odds are good we may sway Adams away from a school he has already committed to.

notreseveredname

August 15, 2007, 10:50:20 am #25 Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 10:54:17 am by notreseveredname
He is still undecided now and plans to take visits after he announces who he is committed to Aug 27

Isn't that like

A girl who is still undecided if she loves you and plans to date other guys after the wedding 
How long will that marriage last?

I wonder when his second announcement will come?

Hawgballz

Quote from: PigWig on August 15, 2007, 10:30:58 am
Quote from: Hawgballz on August 15, 2007, 10:26:30 am
27 AUG

READ HERE

Lol..right on.

I have thought Joe was USC bound for awhile, but I will say this, if/when he commits to another school besides AR, we need to stay on him.  I think he really wants to come here but is just hesitant due to the state of our passing game.

If we "open up the offense" I think the odds are good we may sway Adams away from a school he has already committed to.

Completely agree with staying on top of him.  However I don't think you convince him based on our passing game (we will never throw like USC or Florida, whether Nutt is here or not), I think you convince him the same way we convinced Jarious Wright.  At CAC Joe plays WR, RB, DB, PR & KR, they even have a setup where he lines up in the shotgun, takes the snap and reads his blocking, looks somewhat like the Wildcat but without the crossing back (Felix) to hand off to.  You sell him on all the different ways you are going to get the ball to him, playing at CAC last year he caught 29 passes while he rushed the ball 75 times.  He was list at 6' 167 lbs back in the spring, Darren McFadden was 6' 198 lbs coming out of high school so by the end of his senior season Joe will be very comparable size wise to DMac.  Adams is listed as a WR, but should really be classified as an athlete and that is what you tell him he will be at Arkansas.  In the interview he mentioned that he liked what Meyer was doing with Percy Harvin at Florida.  I think that is the same way you want to sell Joe on your program.  I know that Coach Horton has been in contact with Joe since he took over the RBs job at Arkansas and I hope he is telling Joe what he wants to hear. 

Eric Cartman

Quote from: bigguy551122 on August 15, 2007, 10:02:51 am

he can slip all he wants but at the end of the day he still has offers from every major college in america thats worth a damn

i understand.

im just wondering if these schools are wanting him more as a Defensive Back (which ive heard he's a good one) or a receiver?

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

tbhogfan

Joe's a PTP, baby and he's coming to Arkansas!
Go Hogs!

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: PigWig on August 15, 2007, 08:46:43 am
I wanted Jameel more than Joe all along so lets hope our chances will be better with Jameel if we end up losing Adams.
[/quote

The fact is Arkansas will not get either guy.  Owens has been an Oklahoma lean, much like DeAnthony Curtis was to Arkansas and it is obvious Joe Adams wants to go to a bigger and flashier school. Arkansas fans should let it go and find another playere at a need position. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 15, 2007, 11:14:14 am
Quote from: PigWig on August 15, 2007, 08:46:43 am
[/quote

The fact is Arkansas will not get either guy.  Owens has been an Oklahoma lean, much like DeAnthony Curtis was to Arkansas and it is obvious Joe Adams wants to go to a bigger and flashier school. Arkansas fans should let it go and find another playere at a need position. 

I disagree, you should not ever just let a home state player like Joe Adams go.  We should keep trying till the end.

razorbackmkh

Yeah, I mean no one from Arkansas gets any recognition. Silly Heisman campaign. I agree with PigWig, it seems like Joe wants a "flashier" school. By no means do I think this means we should stop recruiting Joe, but we either need to step it up big time and roll out the red carpet or call it a night. Ya know, the whole, "if you want to run with the big dogs ya gotta get off the porch" thing. Its hard to read that Florida is recruiting him harder when he's sitting right in our yard.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

Oregan hog

He should be reading the news. we need some big time recievers. Monk gets hurt and we have a 5'3" Fish out there trying to catch passes

ckhawgu

A bigger school that is more recognized? Someone is selling this young man a line of...

ksrazorback

I think Florida, he seemed in this interview anyway to really like Florida and they have gotten his attention.
But it's all a guess... right now anyway!!

Quote from: Tomcat on August 15, 2007, 09:58:51 am

:razorback:   Go Future Razorbacks   :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

piggingout

I think he is going to be a bulldog.  Best of luck to him.

Dragon I

I think he took the Tigers out of the equation when he said he was still going to make his visits.  Les Miles doesn't let kids who commit take visits else where, and if they do he pulls the offer.
Fear the Hat!

Hawgballz

Quote from: Dragon I on August 15, 2007, 01:29:02 pm
I think he took the Tigers out of the equation when he said he was still going to make his visits.  Les Miles doesn't let kids who commit take visits else where, and if they do he pulls the offer.

I think LSU is the only 1 of the 5 that can be ruled out at this point.

Hogstocking

August 15, 2007, 01:37:30 pm #38 Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 01:45:08 pm by Hogstocking
"I'll probably make my decision then," Adams said.
Although that night is less than two weeks away, Adams says he still hasn't made up his mind. "I still haven't decided,"
"Michigan isn't in my top five, but I like them a lot too,"
says that even when he makes his commitment, he still plans to take his officials visits

Whoever he commits to on the 27th (IMO it will be UGA) I wouldn't feel warm and fuzzy about it, he sounds very unsure of what he wants to do.

A kid still planning on taking visits AFTER he commits is a kid that isnt sure where he wants to go.  Not to mention he's already visited a ton of schools. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I hope he signs with Arkansas.  I mean why not get another good cover corner, or saftey, or running back.  I mean we don't have a need for the receivers we have on campus now.  Why do we need more.  I am fairly certain anyone can get out there and block.  That's all he will do if he comes here.  Using him like percy harvin at Florida???  he likes that?  who said that?  Huh if we were going to use a wide out like that why didn't hdn do it last year with williams or crawford?    I mean please lets be real.  Why would anyone planning to play receiver go with houston (ground game) nutt is up there?
Let's make some waves.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hogfanintx on August 15, 2007, 02:32:10 pm
I hope he signs with Arkansas.  I mean why not get another good cover corner, or saftey, or running back.  I mean we don't have a need for the receivers we have on campus now.  Why do we need more.  I am fairly certain anyone can get out there and block.  That's all he will do if he comes here.  Using him like percy harvin at Florida???  he likes that?  who said that?  Huh if we were going to use a wide out like that why didn't hdn do it last year with williams or crawford?    I mean please lets be real.  Why would anyone planning to play receiver go with houston (ground game) nutt is up there?

When watching Razorback football last year you may have noticed you may or may not have noticed 2 individual football players who filled the role of playmaker fairly well.  You may not know their names but if you see them on the field they are numbers 5 & 25 (Felix Jones & Darren McFadden), ring a bell.  Since they performed up to most people's expectations   ;), there was no need to replace them at those positions with 2 true freshmen.  This will most likely be their last year in a Hog uniform as the NFL seems to think that they may be able to contribute in that league also.  So that will leave us with the need to find 2 playmakers to replace them.  I believe some of the candidates are Michael Smith, Brandon Barnett, D'Anthoy Curtis, Jarious Wright & Joe Adams (if he comes to Arkansas).  Each of these individuals has speed and ability, the only question is "Who will get the job done the best".  Joe Adams is currently in a offense that uses him in many different ways just as I believe he would be used at Arkansas.  Remember Percy Harvin carried the ball more than he caught it last year (30 rushes - 23 catches) in a very pass happy offense.

Kilgor

Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 15, 2007, 07:02:13 am
Doesn't sound good, but he is still taking his visits after his commitment.  If we show we can throw it, I think there is still a chance. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

thahawg

He won't go to USC to play defense.

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 15, 2007, 02:55:09 pm

When watching Razorback football last year you may have noticed you may or may not have noticed 2 individual football players who filled the role of playmaker fairly well.  You may not know their names but if you see them on the field they are numbers 5 & 25 (Felix Jones & Darren McFadden), ring a bell.  Since they performed up to most people's expectations   ;), there was no need to replace them at those positions with 2 true freshmen.  This will most likely be their last year in a Hog uniform as the NFL seems to think that they may be able to contribute in that league also.  So that will leave us with the need to find 2 playmakers to replace them.  I believe some of the candidates are Michael Smith, Brandon Barnett, D'Anthoy Curtis, Jarious Wright & Joe Adams (if he comes to Arkansas).  Each of these individuals has speed and ability, the only question is "Who will get the job done the best".  Joe Adams is currently in a offense that uses him in many different ways just as I believe he would be used at Arkansas.  Remember Percy Harvin carried the ball more than he caught it last year (30 rushes - 23 catches) in a very pass happy offense.

hawgballz if you are not aware of the meaning of the word sarcasm then look it up.  In no way shape or form was I literally implying they should start over d-mac or jones.  what I was saying is why recruit a wide out and play him atthat position.  we do not use the wide outs we have.  If you weren't aware was I was doing was taking a shot at HDN's lack of guts or imagination in the offense he chooses to run.  especially in a big game.  So yes that sounded all super intelligent when you wrote it, but it made abolutely zero sense.  So when you go to single someone out at least know what you are talking about.
Let's make some waves.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hogfanintx on August 15, 2007, 04:46:37 pm

hawgballz if you are not aware of the meaning of the word sarcasm then look it up.  In no way shape or form was I literally implying they should start over d-mac or jones.  what I was saying is why recruit a wide out and play him atthat position.  we do not use the wide outs we have.  If you weren't aware was I was doing was taking a shot at HDN's lack of guts or imagination in the offense he chooses to run.  especially in a big game.  So yes that sounded all super intelligent when you wrote it, but it made abolutely zero sense.  So when you go to single someone out at least know what you are talking about.

Have you been to any of CAC's football games to see how Adams is utilized.  You are still not getting the point, Percy Harvin & Joe Adams are not WRs, they are Athletes, they can play anywhere on the field except OL or DL.  Percy Harvin had more rushes than catches in high school & more carries than catches in his 1st year of college, Joe Adams had 2 & 1/2 times as many carries as catches last year in high school.  Joe Adams wants to be used in the same way Harvin & others are.  Why can't he fit into DMac's or Felix's position?  To say we should not be trying to recruit Joe for this same type of usage in college does not make sense.  Before you bow up against this strategy to need to bring more to the table than just your hate for Nutt.  You have been on this site for 5 days & 44 posts and best I can tell by looking at your posts, the only thing you have brought is your total dislike for the HC and even though I don't care for Nutt a whole lot, you need to bring something more to the conversation than that as there is already plenty of dislike for Nutt on this board.

staffhog

I say he is not going to be a Hog.  If he likes the SEC, it will be the Gators.  Otherwise,  Mich.  He seems snowed by USC but I don't know if he is accepting the CB as his position of choice.  He has an outlook similar to Greene from last year.

Qbackinman

Quote from: bigguy551122 on August 15, 2007, 10:02:51 am

If that's true (not to doubt you) that's just stupid. He hasn't gotten worse. Just shows those rankings are soooooo subjective.

I'vw seen plenty of high school players in my time. Adams is about as elusive of a kid I've ever seen. Make no mistake. He will be a player who makes some noise wherever he ends up.

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 15, 2007, 05:36:48 pm

Have you been to any of CAC's football games to see how Adams is utilized.  You are still not getting the point, Percy Harvin & Joe Adams are not WRs, they are Athletes, they can play anywhere on the field except OL or DL.  Percy Harvin had more rushes than catches in high school & more carries than catches in his 1st year of college, Joe Adams had 2 & 1/2 times as many carries as catches last year in high school.  Joe Adams wants to be used in the same way Harvin & others are.  Why can't he fit into DMac's or Felix's position?  To say we should not be trying to recruit Joe for this same type of usage in college does not make sense.  Before you bow up against this strategy to need to bring more to the table than just your hate for Nutt.  You have been on this site for 5 days & 44 posts and best I can tell by looking at your posts, the only thing you have brought is your total dislike for the HC and even though I don't care for Nutt a whole lot, you need to bring something more to the conversation than that as there is already plenty of dislike for Nutt on this board.

Point taken Hawgballz, but what I will be bringing to this board is this.  I am fed up with not being able to win big game  because we have nothing that resembles a passing attack.  Yes GUS brought in the wildcat(now hogwild or whatever we are calling it)  because he had to come up with something since it was evident HDN wasn't going to allow him to open it up through the air.  I mean at some point to compete on the national scene you have to quit adding wrinkles to the running game and establish something through the air.  This has been promised evey pre-season as long as I can remember.  The problem is Nutt knows he is one scre up away from being gone.  He has had plenty of time to work in a passing game, take his lumps and stick with it.  Had he done this four or five years ago we would be ready.  Stubborness, ego, stupidity, I dunno.  Something has prevented him from ever taking that step.  With the talent they have you can win a lot of games, but not the really big ones.  His preperation for bowl games has been laughable at best.  I mean I refuse to run around excited like a kid anymore until he shows me that commitment.  Until that time I will be critical.  I just learned about this site a week ago or so, or I would have been on here slamming HDN a long time ago. 
Let's make some waves.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hogfanintx on August 16, 2007, 09:03:59 am
Quote from: Hawgballz on August 15, 2007, 05:36:48 pm

Point taken Hawgballz, but what I will be bringing to this board is this.  I am fed up with not being able to win big game  because we have nothing that resembles a passing attack.  Yes GUS brought in the wildcat(now hogwild or whatever we are calling it)  because he had to come up with something since it was evident HDN wasn't going to allow him to open it up through the air.  I mean at some point to compete on the national scene you have to quit adding wrinkles to the running game and establish something through the air.  This has been promised evey pre-season as long as I can remember.  The problem is Nutt knows he is one scre up away from being gone.  He has had plenty of time to work in a passing game, take his lumps and stick with it.  Had he done this four or five years ago we would be ready.  Stubborness, ego, stupidity, I dunno.  Something has prevented him from ever taking that step.  With the talent they have you can win a lot of games, but not the really big ones.  His preperation for bowl games has been laughable at best.  I mean I refuse to run around excited like a kid anymore until he shows me that commitment.  Until that time I will be critical.  I just learned about this site a week ago or so, or I would have been on here slamming HDN a long time ago. 

Fair enough, we think alike in many respects just try to keep the Nutt stuff on the MMQB forum.  Over here it is all about recruiting.  No matter who the coach is in the future, I want the best football players we can get to be at Arkansas.