Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball recruiting who do we look good on?

Started by forrest city joe, August 13, 2007, 06:49:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

the things we must get is a shooting PG. and some skilled big guys.a bigtime 2G who can shoot it would not hurt either.

gohawgsgo

We appear to be looking good on Stan Simpson 6-9 PF/C out of Chicago, Clarence Trent 6-7 PF out of Washington, 6-8 Terrance Henry SF out of Lousiana.  There is a juco guy with Arkansas connection 6-7 F, but can't remember his name right now.  I think we still have a prayer on Rotnei Clarke I think.

simpleman

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 13, 2007, 07:17:52 pm
We appear to be looking good on Stan Simpson 6-9 PF/C out of Chicago, Clarence Trent 6-7 PF out of Washington, 6-8 Terrance Henry SF out of Lousiana.  There is a juco guy with Arkansas connection 6-7 F, but can't remember his name right now.  I think we still have a prayer on Rotnei Clarke I think.

seems like i saw that Trent was reclassifed for the 09 class.
A class of Simpson, Henry, Dequan Jones, Terrico White, and Clarke would be unreal.

forrest city joe

Thanks guys. i relly think Pel can bring this program back. but it starts with recruiting. great players make great coaches.

gohawgsgo

Your right about Trent and I forgot about the Memphis kid.  I hope he pulls the trigger soon.  If we can win this year, I think Pel will take off.  You are right Joe recruiting is essential.  I think that style will help recruiting.

bkjacks

Conway Cool Daddy

Are we looking at any guys to replace the loss of Townes and Hill after this year?
A true center kind of player.

I don't expect Washington o be around his senior season, so it's a must in this class. JMHO

piggingout

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 13, 2007, 06:49:49 pm
the things we must get is a shooting PG. and some skilled big guys.a bigtime 2G who can shoot it would not hurt either.

Disagree, Corey Beck wasn't a big time shooter and he got a ring.  We need a pg that doesn't turn the ball over, plays good d, and can avg. 6pts and 8 dimes a game.  Get a shooting guard and small forward that can shoot. 

mbgrulz

Quote from: piggingout on August 15, 2007, 06:15:18 pm

Disagree, Corey Beck wasn't a big time shooter and he got a ring.  We need a pg that doesn't turn the ball over, plays good d, and can avg. 6pts and 8 dimes a game.  Get a shooting guard and small forward that can shoot. 
PG's that want to score are usually not very successful in terms of team. there are a few, don't get me wrong, but scoring PG's usually end up hurting the team.

dotnet

Quote from: mbgrulz on August 15, 2007, 07:38:11 pm

PG's that want to score are usually not very successful in terms of team. there are a few, don't get me wrong, but scoring PG's usually end up hurting the team.

I don't think you can make this generalization.  I can't think of one NBA point guard who could not score at will in college (or high school for some of them).  I agree that scoring point guards can be counter productive, but I don't think there is any cause and effect relationship there.  Stephon Maurberry (sp?) would be just as disruptive to his team as a 2 guard as he is being a pg.

ThunderHawg

T. Henry has narrowed his list to five. Arkansas, Mississippi, Kansas, Kentucky, and Miami. He would be a very good pick up for us.

piggingout

Quote from: dotnet on August 15, 2007, 08:58:34 pm

I don't think you can make this generalization.  I can't think of one NBA point guard who could not score at will in college (or high school for some of them).  I agree that scoring point guards can be counter productive, but I don't think there is any cause and effect relationship there.  Stephon Maurberry (sp?) would be just as disruptive to his team as a 2 guard as he is being a pg.

avery johnson

dotnet

Quote from: piggingout on August 16, 2007, 08:09:28 am
Quote from: dotnet on August 15, 2007, 08:58:34 pm

avery johnson

John Stockton

Oscar Robertson

I can name point guards too (though mine are considerably better).  Whats the point?

forrest city joe

Remember Lee mayberry? your PG must able to shoot the ball.

mbgrulz

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 16, 2007, 08:16:43 pm

that's not accurate at all. didn't beck's team go to 2 championships to LM's 0?

mbgrulz

Quote from: ThunderHawg on August 15, 2007, 10:15:07 pm
T. Henry has narrowed his list to five. Arkansas, Mississippi, Kansas, Kentucky, and Miami. He would be a very good pick up for us.
what is our chances with TH? i think he is the EXACT type of PF we need.

also, does getting Patsa hurt our chances with terrico white? i wouldn't think so b/c weems will be gone next year. i hope we get him. we need all the athletes we can get. i thought TW was close to comitting last week.

hogfan98

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 16, 2007, 08:16:43 pm

remember the 1993-1995 teams?  no they don't.