Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two new four stars on our radar

Started by Realist, August 07, 2007, 05:25:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Realist

Kye Staley Guthrie, OK (ATH)
Kapron Lewis-Moore, Weatherford, TX (DE)

Both have listed us in their latest lists and a couple of names we haven't heard of really but they seem to be interested. 

HoopHog

August 07, 2007, 05:38:56 pm #1 Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:19:08 pm by HoopHog
Staley (not Guthrie...this is the town where Kye is from...ooops!) has always kind of been on our radar, but a scheduled visit has given it more life...as of late.

Lewis-Moore would be a great defensive snag for the Hogs if we might be so lucky!

COCHISE

Hugehogsfan

Beebefan1992

He looks like he could have been his son for sure... WOW!

PhillyHog

Its interesting how we are the only SEC school on the DE interest list.  I know that these things aren't comprehensive but interesting that LSU and others aren't on him considering the other schools.

I thought Staley was an LSU committ?

arklahoman36

Quote from: PhillyHog on August 07, 2007, 10:27:47 pm
Its interesting how we are the only SEC school on the DE interest list.  I know that these things aren't comprehensive but interesting that LSU and others aren't on him considering the other schools.

I thought Staley was an LSU committ?

He announced a couple of weeks ago that he is looking again.

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas already has a silent committ but I haven't figured out who the hell it is yet ???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

aaron_c

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on August 07, 2007, 11:52:54 pm
Arkansas already has a silent committ but I haven't figured out who the hell it is yet ???

When did you hear about this silent commit?  Any idea on when it may become un-silent?  lol thanks

Hawgballz

Quote from: aaron_c on August 08, 2007, 12:00:17 am

When did you hear about this silent commit?  Any idea on when it may become un-silent?  lol thanks

I was told of this last week so I naturally assumed that it was Henderson, but when it became apparent on Saturday evening & Sunday morning that Henderson was heading to Auburn then I thought "well there goes that", but I am told that "the coaches know who the next commit is".  I personally believe that it is an out-of-state defensive player, but I have no real evidence to base that on, just my belief based upon the circumstances.

This lull in commits is killing me.  I am ready for someone to say "I want to be a hog".  How about a basketball commit, that would be nice.  Coach Pel is soooooo quite it is hard to tell if he is doing anything.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

bd93

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 08, 2007, 12:41:33 am
Quote from: aaron_c on August 08, 2007, 12:00:17 am

I was told of this last week so I naturally assumed that it was Henderson, but when it became apparent on Saturday evening & Sunday morning that Henderson was heading to Auburn then I thought "well there goes that", but I am told that "the coaches know who the next commit is".  I personally believe that it is an out-of-state defensive player, but I have no real evidence to base that on, just my belief based upon the circumstances.

This lull in commits is killing me.  I am ready for someone to say "I want to be a hog".  How about a basketball commit, that would be nice.  Coach Pel is soooooo quite it is hard to tell if he is doing anything.

I heard about the silent too. I thought that it might have been CB Greg Brown.  I don't know who it is though.

aaron_c

Hogstocking

Unless you're wanting to hold a presser after you've given the coaches a verbal, I've never understood the reasoning behind silent commitments

aaron_c

Quote from: Hogstocking on August 08, 2007, 11:20:08 am
Unless you're wanting to hold a presser after you've given the coaches a verbal, I've never understood the reasoning behind silent commitments

Unless you aren't 100% sure yet, and don't want your future coach to know you chose the Razorbacks first (should he change his mind).  I don't see what difference it would make, but some might...and hey, they may just want us all to get excited and talk about who it may be lol.

aaron_c

Quote from: modabusesucks on August 08, 2007, 11:40:59 am
Quote from: aaron_c on August 08, 2007, 11:16:15 am
Aren't Brown and Gillespie 3*'s?

Yes but they didn't say anything about the silent commit being a 4*

haha, sorry...I just woke up...it all makes perfect sense now.  I knew when I was writing the post that I was probably missing something, but I didn't know what it was.

351hog

I heard Greg Brown was in, but then again this same person told me Cam Henderson was in.  Who knows at this point.

justmaybe

Silent commits usually regard out of state guys who do not want the pressure to come with the commitment from local fans.

Hawgballz

Quote from: justmaybe on August 08, 2007, 09:49:23 pm
Silent commits usually regard out of state guys who do not want the pressure to come with the commitment from local fans.

Exactly
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

ListenHereMister

Good point.
Didn't LZ silently commit to Auburn before he announced?

lovetailgatin

Kye Staley was once ready to commit to LSU but has since backed off and added the Hogs to the list. Not saying that he won't end up at LSU but the has to be a good sign. Plus him being from Okla we are closer. Go get him Lee.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: lovetailgatin on August 09, 2007, 09:06:50 am
Kye Staley was once ready to commit to LSU but has since backed off and added the Hogs to the list. Not saying that he won't end up at LSU but the has to be a good sign. Plus him being from Okla we are closer. Go get him Lee.

He was ready to commit, but LSU told him to wait. LSU only wants to sign 1 RB in this class, maybe 2 if they can play DB as well. LSU really wants Darrell Scott and is in the hunt for him and told Staley to hold. Not sure it was a wise move on LSU's part, but that is what they did. Another reason LSU can be so choosey is that the 2009 Louisiana class is really loaded at the RB position. Michael Ford, from Leesville, LA, who will in all likelyhood be one of the top national recruits in the country next year really likes LSU and LSU will most likely get him in next year's recruiting class.

Hogstocking

Kapron Lewis-Moore commited to A&M Tuesday night. 

Jim Harris

Staley committed to Okie State over the weekend.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

slopinhogs

where are you Richard sure miss you. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die