Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It appears Arkansas' interest in DE Brooks Reimers is picking up

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 28, 2007, 08:17:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

July 28, 2007, 08:17:27 am Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 08:20:47 am by Richard Davenport
Brooks is 6'4 225 with 4.6 speed from Springdale Har-Ber.

Coach Lee is recruiting Brooks. It's being said that Coach Rocker really likes him and wants him.

Also Har-Ber OT Bryant Newell's stock appears to be going up in the eyes of the coaching staff.

mj4president

Since we are off to a great start. I would like to see the hogs land some big time studs. If they like him, then offer. They know a lot more than I do.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Tomhog™

Two more in-state boys.  Both on the line.  Arkansas always develops good linemen.  The open schollies are quickly being swallowed up.  I hope the out-of-state boys are picking up on that...

mrcrowley

Quote from: Tomcat on July 28, 2007, 10:26:49 am
Two more in-state boys.  Both on the line.  Arkansas always develops good linemen.  The open schollies are quickly being swallowed up.  I hope the out-of-state boys are picking up on that...
i hope they care

hollerpig

QuoteSince we are off to a great start. I would like to see the hogs land some big time studs. If they like him, then offer. They know a lot more than I do.

I'd have to say they are, both earned MVP honors @ the HDN camp at their positions...........

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=10#S=10&F=2345&T=619705&STM=7264588

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Tomcat on July 28, 2007, 10:26:49 am
Do you think we will string them along?  I'm worried about us adding more low-profile guys before we see what other studs might be interested.  No one would have thought that we would have even gotten a look from Joe McKnight last year.  There maybe a few of those guys that we actually have a chance at if we have another big season...

Tomhog™

If they are getting good feeback from plan A players, then yes, there is a chance they will be strung along.  I don't know if they will be up front on that with the recruits or not.

justmaybe

I had a friend whose son was recruited several years ago by Arkansas. Houston Nutt told him very plainly that he would like him to be a Razorback but they were not sure they would have a scholarship available. The kid asked Nutt why he should wait if he wasn't the top priority and then he asked if Houston was going to string him along just because he was an Arkansas kid.

Houston said no he would not string him along. He was telling him right now that he would not know about the scholarship until signing day probably (this was about 4 months before signing). Houston said that wiht the way recruiting works now you have offers out to juniors and many guys who do not develop until their senior year get left out sometimes. However, if he was not from Arkansas he likely would not even get this discussion. The dad and son understood and had no problem with it. They were updated regularly and never felt slighted. Probably doesn't always work out that well.

If it comes to a borderline guy then they will chose a Arkansas player normally.

This kid wound up at an AIC school and enjoyed it. He likely could have walked on the first year and got a scholarship.

The Coletrain

Thanks for the insight, justmaybe.  I always like hearing factual events to base my opinions vs. someone's hypothesis or supposition. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

jackflash

Maybe giving someone to much credit, but I don't think any kid especially one from Arkansas will be strung along after this off season. could be wrong

Hawgballz

Quote from: jackflash on July 28, 2007, 10:25:54 pm
Maybe giving someone to much credit, but I don't think any kid especially one from Arkansas will be strung along after this off season. could be wrong

They may be "strung along", but I believe the coaches will be very up front with them about it.  I know a kid & their parents very well who were told last year that they were plan B and they accepted that very well for a while until the plan A kid took the offer, then they felt that they didn't get a good chance to be the plan A because the coach only came and watched the kid play once (although assistants watched the kid several times).  Long story, short the family was OK with it for the most part, but were hurt in the end when the other kid took the offer and they didn't the offer.  Although I would have personnally loved to see this kid play for the U of A, I think the offer the kid ended up accepting will be the best deal for them in the end.

PS  The kid was told who the plan A kid was and updated on their recruiting by an assistant through the entire process.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Lt.Dangle

I have known Brooks since he was like 3 or 4. I for one hope the hogs offer him a scholarship.

justmaybe

HUman nature makes it hard. Even though you know the score. When you hope and hope and then it does not happen, even though it happened just like people told you it might happen it still stings. I have had the same thing   happen in job situations. Always takes a while to let it go. Fact is no one likes to be plan B. Kind of like admitting that you are average or mediocre. Of course I am old enough now to be comfortable with me being mediocre in most things. I just try not to be in the very important things that have to do with family and such. Hopefully my wife does not read this board and respond