Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville regional – betcha dollars to donuts…

Started by WizardofhOgZ, May 28, 2017, 06:23:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 28, 2017, 06:23:58 pm
...two things...

First, that our regional is paired with national seed Texas Tech for a super regional if we both prevail in the first round...

Second... That Texas is sent to Fayetteville as the #2 seed...

Just at first glance, it appears the Fayetteville Regional is a tough one, but I am not up on all college baseball like a lot of you on here are.  Missouri State is a really good team arent they?? or have they slipped since a couple of years ago?  OSU is a big name in college baseball and so is Oral Roberts.  I mean is this a tough group or should the Hogs be the heavy favorite?

SPAL

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on May 29, 2017, 02:07:11 pm
Just at first glance, it appears the Fayetteville Regional is a tough one, but I am not up on all college baseball like a lot of you on here are.  Missouri State is a really good team arent they?? or have they slipped since a couple of years ago?  OSU is a big name in college baseball and so is Oral Roberts.  I mean is this a tough group or should the Hogs be the heavy favorite?
mo state is a goid team, but not nearly as good as 2 years ago.

Ok state drummed us pretty badly early in the Frisco classic, but they are down. They had to win their conf tourney to get in at all.

Oru is one of those teams that give us fits. They are one if the stronger 4 seeds. It'll be a tough regional but one we should win.

jry04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 29, 2017, 02:11:09 pm

Ok state drummed us pretty badly early in the Frisco classic, but they are down. They had to win their conf tourney to get in at all.

Oru is one of those teams that give us fits. They are one if the stronger 4 seeds. It'll be a tough regional but one we should win.
We had opportunities in that game v OSU, and also threw Alberius. The starter they threw against us is out for the season. After their #1 guy, they roll a few RHP throwing in the 4.00-5.00 ERA range.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 29, 2017, 02:11:09 pm

thank you "sir."  Appreciate the info.  Hope you are right.  If we are paired with Texas Tech for the super regional, if we can win ours, does it look good for hosting the super regional or is TTech ranked higher and considered better than we are?

SPAL

Quote from: jry04 on May 29, 2017, 02:12:48 pm
We had opportunities in that game v OSU, and also threw Alberius. The starter they threw against us is out for the season. After their #1 guy, they roll a few RHP throwing in the 4.00-5.00 ERA range.

Yeah, I don't take much from it. It was a nasty day and we had nothing in the tank. I expect MO state to handle them pretty easily.

SPAL

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on May 29, 2017, 02:15:36 pm
thank you "sir."  Appreciate the info.  Hope you are right.  If we are paired with Texas Tech for the super regional, if we can win ours, does it look good for hosting the super regional or is TTech ranked higher and considered better than we are?

We are paired with TCU and they probably have the toughest regional. If we take care of our end, there is a very good chance we could host a super.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 29, 2017, 02:16:46 pm
We are paired with TCU and they probably have the toughest regional. If we take care of our end, there is a very good chance we could host a super.

oops, thought I saw Tech in another post.  My bad.  Ok, paired with TCU.  Gotcha

Birminghog

hog.goblin

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 28, 2017, 06:41:12 pm
Im not going to act like a college baseball expert but ORU has a ton of power 5 wins. Alabama, Kansas State, and
I was just about to say......They could be the best baseball team in oklahoma.

Can't count on the committee being rational.

We have a very tough draw. But we're up for it.