Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville regional – betcha dollars to donuts…

Started by WizardofhOgZ, May 28, 2017, 06:23:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

...two things...

First, that our regional is paired with national seed Texas Tech for a super regional if we both prevail in the first round...

Second... That Texas is sent to Fayetteville as the #2 seed...

SPAL

Kevin

Depends if Houston gets regional.  They will put Texas and a&m there.
I think we will get ok state or ou.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hollywood_HOGan45

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

CJ HOG

I bet Texas ends up in Houston as a #2 imo. Hogs probably do draw TT or TCU in Super Regional.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Kevin on May 28, 2017, 06:28:19 pm
Tough one

Oklahoma state would be a hot #4
ORU would be a very good 3
then Zou state would be a 2 looking for retribution.

billmontgomery10

Fayetteville Regional

#1 Arkansas
#2 Missouri State
#3 ORU (automatic bid)
#4 Oklahoma State (automatic bid)

The trendy pick is Iowa a #2 because no regional will be hosted closer for them  than Fayetteville (probably) or Texas #2 (which would knock out OSU because 2 teams from the same conference can't be in the same regional) but I think Missouri State makes more sense geographically (NCAA is BIG on this). Texas will probably be the #2 seed in Houston's regional. I think Big 10 champ Iowa is going to get shipped further down South.
Just my 2 cents.

SPAL

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 28, 2017, 06:27:28 pm
Oklahoma state, ORU, and Zou State.

No, that's not gonna happen.

1. Arkansas
2. Mzxou St.
3. La tech
4. Some directional school

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 06:31:14 pm

1. Arkansas
2. Mzxou St.
3. La tech

I would like that a whole lot better.

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 06:31:14 pm

1. Arkansas
2. Mzxou St.
3. La tech
La Tech is probably out of the field now.

Kevin

ucahogfan

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on May 28, 2017, 06:31:06 pm
Fayetteville Regional

#1 Arkansas
#2 Missouri State
#3 ORU (automatic bid)
#4 Oklahoma State (automatic bid)

The trendy pick is Iowa a #2 because no regional will be hosted closer for them  than Fayetteville (probably) or Texas #2 (which would knock out OSU because 2 teams from the same conference can't be in the same regional) but I think Missouri State makes more sense geographically (NCAA is BIG on this). Texas will probably be the #2 seed in Houston's regional. I think Big 10 champ Iowa is going to get shipped further down South.
Just my 2 cents.
ORU will be a 4 seed somewhere.  No way they are a 3 seed.

billmontgomery10

We have an awful record in regionals in Fayetteville against ORU, Mo. State would be looking for revenge for 2 years ago and OSU is playing much better now. This would be a hellacious regional to win and yes, I think they pair us up with TCU.

SPAL

Kevin

billmontgomery10

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 06:32:31 pm

ORU is 42-14, 25-4 in conference play, swept 3 games against Alabama, won on the road against Missouri State, split with OU, beat OSU twice.

They're better than you think. 

WizardofhOgZ

My thought, in the OP, was based on a couple of things... One, is that we are unofficially "seeded" somewhere between 13th and 16th... Though the  NCAA never announces anything but the top eight... They will send the number two's to the hosting sites accordingly... That is to say,  The teams roughly rated 17 through 32 will be distributed in reverse order... So a team like number 18 RPI Texas is well matched against us... While Missouri State, currently number 31 at RPI, would be a good team  to match up for one of the higher up seeds...

In the same manner, as a number 13 through 16 seed, we would be a good match for someone like Tech, who will probably be about number five in the official national seeding... Florida and LSU are up there, but the committee will not want to  potentially match two SEC schools in the super regional around, if at all possible...

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 06:32:31 pm

Im not going to act like a college baseball expert but ORU has a ton of power 5 wins. Alabama, Kansas State, and
Quote from: billmontgomery10 on May 28, 2017, 06:38:45 pm
ORU is 42-14, 25-4 in conference play, swept 3 games against Alabama, won on the road against Missouri State, split with OU, beat OSU twice.

I was just about to say......They could be the best baseball team in oklahoma.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Kevin on May 28, 2017, 06:28:19 pm
Tough one
yea there won't be a regional that tough out there anywhere else.

I promise LSU and Florida gets all the teams that are only in the tourney by winning their conference tourney.

SPAL

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 28, 2017, 06:40:02 pm
My thought, in the OP, was based on a couple of things... One, is that we are unofficially "seeded" somewhere between 13th and 16th... Though the  NCAA never announces anything but the top eight... They will send the number two's to the hosting sites accordingly... That is to say,  The teams roughly rated 17 through 32 will be distributed in reverse order... So a team like number 18 RPI Texas is well matched against us... While Missouri State, currently number 31 at RPI, would be a good team  to match up for one of the higher up seeds...

In the same manner, as a number 13 through 16 seed, we would be a good match for someone like Tech, who will probably be about number five in the official national seeding... Florida and LSU are up there, but the committee will not want to  potentially match two SEC schools in the super regional around, if at all possible...

Dude....it's arbitrary, but we are closer to 8 than 13.

CJ HOG

Arkansas is closer to a 10 seed than a 13-16 imo, which pairs us with TCU #7 or so quite nicely.

I think we get Mizz St., OSU (they won't seed them with TT or TCU), and ???  (hopefully not ORU since they seem to be a tough 3 or 4 whichever).

Hollywood_HOGan45

Is there a selection show for regional sites tonight?

CJ HOG

Quote from: Kevin on May 28, 2017, 06:35:03 pm
Lots of bubbles got burst today
There some P5 schools sweating tonight due to some spots disappearing today. The SEC probably lost a bid I imagine.

SPAL

They aren't gonna give us a combo of mizxo St , ORU, Oklahoma state, and Texas.

We will probably get two of them and a Southeastern Louisiana

ricepig

We get Praire View, MSVS, and the South Hampton Institute of Technology.........no wait, that will be LSU's regional.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 28, 2017, 06:46:37 pm
Arkansas is closer to a 10 seed than a 13-16 imo, which pairs us with TCU #7 or so quite nicely.

I think we get Mizz St., OSU (they won't seed them with TT or TCU), and ???  (hopefully not ORU since they seem to be a tough 3 or 4 whichever).

I agree. We had a sensational run in 2015 against ORU and OSU in stillwater but ORU always will be a very tough out in the NCAA. ORU knocked us out of our own regional in either 07 or 10.

ucahogfan

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on May 28, 2017, 06:38:45 pm

They are .500 against top 200 RPI teams.  32 of their 42 wins came against teams below 200 in the RPI and they are 80 in the RPI.  They are a 4 seed.

JHicks3636

SPAL

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 08:07:43 pm
Still not sold we are hosting.

Probably should just list your tickets in the Ticket Forum, there'll be some dumb azz wanting them........

SPAL

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
Probably should just list your tickets in the Ticket Forum, there'll be some dumb azz wanting them........

Poor saps

rljjr

Don't discount Dallas Baptist, unless they end up in the Fort Worth Regional. They won their conference tourney. Got swept in the regular season by Missouri State during Conference play.

southarkhog06

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 08:07:43 pm
Still not sold we are hosting.
I heard we are going to be a 1 seed but the regional will be played in Anchorage, ya know for exposure into untapped markets.

ricepig

Birminghog

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2017, 06:51:54 pm
We get Praire View, MSVS, and the South Hampton Institute of Technology.........no wait, that will be LSU's regional.

That's the Sam Houston Institute. C'mon, rice, get it right!

ricepig

Quote from: Birminghog on May 28, 2017, 10:33:12 pm
That's the Sam Houston Institute. C'mon, rice, get it right!

Nah, LSU will get some school from up north that hasn't been able to play due to the cold weather.  ..

WizardofhOgZ

May 29, 2017, 12:06:06 am #39 Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:29:22 pm by WizardofhOgZ
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 06:45:05 pm
Dude....it's arbitrary, but we are closer to 8 than 13.

"Dude"... Our post loss RPI is 14... And while that's not absolute... It's highly indicative of about where we will be viewed in terms of national perspective... For the serding process...

Had we WON today, as I argued on this forum yesterday... We had an outside shot at being a top 8 seed... on OUTSIDE shot...

You will find out where we were unofficially seeded when the NCAA reveals which of the top eight seeds we are matched with tomorrow morning...  keeping in mind that they may have moved us up or down a slot to avoid pairing us with an SEC team in the super regional around... Bef you it's closer to 13 than it is to 8, as you suggest...

BroyledNutts

dotnet

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 28, 2017, 06:40:02 pm

This is all kinds of factually incorrect

Kevin

rzrbkman

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 28, 2017, 06:52:12 pm
I agree. We had a sensational run in 2015 against ORU and OSU in stillwater but ORU always will be a very tough out in the NCAA. ORU knocked us out of our own regional in either 07 or 10.

2006. The team had a really good freshman hitter who got careless in the field and also had a horrible base running blunder that led to a 1 one win for ORU in the opening round.  The Hogs were unable to recover and that freshman player transferred out after the season was over.

CJ HOG

ricepig

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 29, 2017, 11:20:11 am
0 fer.....bring on the DONUTS.

He's got three different boards to buy donuts for, lol.

SPAL

JHicks3636

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 28, 2017, 06:27:28 pm
Oklahoma state, ORU, and Zou State.

Congrats.  Your crystal ball was a lot clearer than mine!

I was pleased to see Texas get shipped out to the West coast.  Most thought they would stay local, in Houston.  If they got sent to California, having them in Fayetteville was not such a long shot and would have made for a more interesting draw. 

However, the Horns have always wanted to be a part of the PAC for some reason.  This trip will give them a taste of West Coast baseball.  I hope they have no UT fans in the stands and get their asses kicked, not necessarily in that order.

As for the Super match-up, it appeared to be either Tech or TCU.  I guessed wrong.  But, living in the DFW area, it's worked out well for me.

I'm ready for the games to start.