Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Bigham, James McCann and Jarrod McKinney.

Started by razorbacks1usa, July 02, 2009, 10:04:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbacks1usa

wonder why theses 3 players are not playing summer ball

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: razorbacks1usa on July 02, 2009, 10:04:47 pm
wonder why theses 3 players are not playing summer ball

If you've ever played college baseball, you know why.  The season takes a toll considering theres two different seasons. Season 1 starts when you get to campus in August.  Season 2 starts in February.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Ray Piggers

I'm pretty sure I saw Brett Eibner's and McKinney's name on the same cape cod league team.

Not sure which one.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

chiefsfan

Quote from: DahawgsN07 on July 03, 2009, 01:35:28 am
I'm pretty sure I saw Brett Eibner's and McKinney's name on the same cape cod league team.

Not sure which one.

He was listed as out there, but has not played yet.  he may not have chosen to play after such a long season

its taking an effect, with the exception of Wilkins with Team USA.  None of our guys are hiting
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

rehctawgoh

Don't know about McCann but Bigham and Mckinney I heard are going to class to get eligible. We were conveniently not told that at the DVH end of season press conference.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: rehctawgoh on July 03, 2009, 10:03:10 pm
Don't know about McCann but Bigham and Mckinney I heard are going to class to get eligible. We were conveniently not told that at the DVH end of season press conference.

bigham is staying in fayetteville to put on some weight in the weightroom

don't know about mckinney

and like others have said McCann was on a summer league roster but is taking the summer off. Being an everyday catcher is tough work
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

rehctawgoh

DVH wasn't to thrilled last year when players opted out of summer ball to put on weight. Helped Lyons I think.

chiefsfan

Arkansas baseball has an excellent team GPA.  I doubt thats the issue

Quote from: rehctawgoh on July 03, 2009, 11:02:27 pm
DVH wasn't to thrilled last year when players opted out of summer ball to put on weight. Helped Lyons I think.

Generally most coaches would tell you to play summer ball because for most its very hard to stay sharp when you dont face live pitching for a 4 month stretch.  theres always a few who need to stay though, or in the case of McCann probably need to stay an get in shape so they can handle full time duties next year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

rehctawgoh

July 04, 2009, 06:19:22 am #8 Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 06:30:22 am by rehctawgoh
Know it's an issue for some. You get eligible in the fall now to be eligible in the spring. So if you failed some classes the second semester you've got to take some summer courses to get back on track. You don't want to overload the next fall semester and take a chance on not being eligible for the regular season in the spring.

Helps to have a couple of guys like McCann with a 4.0 to save the teams average GPA.

CGCOYOTES10

Umm completely wrong, know them personally

Smithian

I actually asked Bigham why he stayed in Fayetteville... Said he wanted to get stronger and turn "the balls on the warning track into homeruns."

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Smithian on July 23, 2009, 01:19:01 am
I actually asked Bigham why he stayed in Fayetteville... Said he wanted to get stronger and turn "the balls on the warning track into homeruns."

me too, he gave me the reponse i posted earlier in this thread.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Kevin

last year he was not happy with house staying in town.

i think dvh questioned whether he liked to play or not.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TebowHater

Personally know Jarrod, he was in summer school.
I'm assuming McCann wasn't in summer school because hes the smartest player on the team, but I do not know why otherwise.

mj4president

I'd assume some of them just want some time off. They play baseball most of the year. Give the mind and body some R&R (not the drink either)
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

rehctawgoh