Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin could be exactly what we need...

Started by OptimusHog, October 24, 2017, 12:12:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OptimusHog

October 24, 2017, 12:12:16 pm Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:19:18 pm by OptimusHog
Picasso realized the value in absurdity & publicity. What better way to mitigate the S- show this Bielema Fiasco has become than Kiffin? He brings talent, experience & HYPE! His wife is also Jen tier.

PorkRinds

Quote from: OptimusHog on October 24, 2017, 12:12:16 pm
Picasso realized the value in absurdity & publicity. What better to mitigate the S- show this Bielema Fiasco has become than Kiffin? He brings talent, experience & HYPE! His wife is also Jen tier.

His wife divorced him for banging so many co-eds on the side. Not sure we need that kind of drama again.

stronguard

Clay Travis agrees with you. 

We could do a lot worse than Lane Kiffin, I'd be good with that.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

311Hog

OptimusHog

Quote from: 311Hog on October 24, 2017, 01:15:22 pm
he did so well at Tenner

He went 7-6 in his FIRST Season & was offered a Halo job. What is Bielema going to finish in his SIXTH?

311Hog

Quote from: OptimusHog on October 24, 2017, 01:18:58 pm
He went 7-6 in his FIRST Season & was offered a Halo job. What is Bielema going to finish in his SIXTH?

i am guessing 2-10 but maybe worse why do you ask?

stronguard

The hate for Lane at Tennis-E stems form abandonoing them after 1 year.  They wouldn't care if he hadn't been a good coach. 

He can recruit, he can coach O, he's young, he's wanted to be in the SEC, he's got familial connections to the U of A... alot of things point in this direction.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

311Hog

Quote from: stronguard on October 24, 2017, 01:25:24 pm
The hate for Lane at Tennis-E stems form abandonoing them after 1 year.  They wouldn't care if he hadn't been a good coach. 

He can recruit, he can coach O, he's young, he's wanted to be in the SEC, he's got familial connections to the U of A... alot of things point in this direction.

and he is just flawed enough to take the job amirite?

HawgWild

Roaringboar

I think Kiffin could be good....He's doing decent with Florida Atlantic in his first year.....though I do believe he's using FA like Petrino used Western Kentucky......stay a season then bolt out......But I can see someone else snatching him up before we get the chance.....Someone like Florida or A&M (if Sumin's gone which is a possibility) would snatch him right up and throw their wallets at him in the process......The only thing that worries me is USC......He wasn't that great there.....I know he's had a few years under Saban since then, BUT his tenure at USC was a bit disappointing......But I'd be okay with that hire......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Vantage 8 dude

hogcam

Kiffin is my number 1 realistic choice. Don't see Jeff Long hiring him though.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

grayhawg

One thing about Kiffin you wouldn't have to fire him in 3 years he would already quit before then.

Tusks

Quote from: grayhawg on October 24, 2017, 02:02:39 pm
One thing about Kiffin you wouldn't have to fire him in 3 years he would already quit before then.

He might be holding out for the Florida job and he just might get it.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

King Kong

Quote from: grayhawg on October 24, 2017, 02:02:39 pm

Currently has only left one job on his own and it was UT to USC. Clear job upgrade and a school he had strong ties too

Hoggie17

Lane is one of 4 couches that would succeed at the U of A that I can think of.

HamIAm

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 24, 2017, 02:23:19 pm
Lane is one of 4 couches that would succeed at the U of A that I can think of.

I'm a little confused. Do we burn the couch when we win or when we lose?

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 24, 2017, 01:45:03 pm
I think Kiffin could be good....He's doing decent with Florida Atlantic in his first year.....though I do believe he's using FA like Petrino used Western Kentucky......stay a season then bolt out......But I can see someone else snatching him up before we get the chance.....Someone like Florida or A&M (if Sumin's gone which is a possibility) would snatch him right up and throw their wallets at him in the process......The only thing that worries me is USC......He wasn't that great there.....I know he's had a few years under Saban since then, BUT his tenure at USC was a bit disappointing......But I'd be okay with that hire......

I have to give him a "mulligan" at USC.  He was HC for 4 years, with yearly win totals of 8, 10, 7, and 3.  That was 4 of the 5-year stretch when NCAA penalties were imposed.  He was dealing with scholarship reductions, a temporary post season ban, a finding of "lack of institutional control" against the athletic department, and all the bad press that goes along with it.  I wouldn't want to recruit against that.  I see it as being more on Carroll/Bush, than Kiffin.  The farther away he got from the recruits he inherited, the more the recruiting restrictions affected USC's ability to compete.

Not convinced he is the answer, but I would support him if that was the decision made.  I don't expect JL to go in that direction.  Too many people asking questions about his character, and if he will get sarcastic with Saban, JL will be like "puppy chow."

Quote from: OptimusHog on October 24, 2017, 01:18:58 pm
I hope we never have to find out.

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Atlhogfan1

Was this being a young inexperienced immature coach or is this still what LK would bring as a head coach:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-usc-fires-lane-kiffin-20130929-story.html

"The season also was marked by several off-the-field distractions.

After being told that Arizona Coach Rich Rodriguez had voted the Trojans No. 1 in the USA Today coaches poll, Kiffin said he would not have done that. USA Today then revealed that Kiffin had voted the Trojans No. 1. Kiffin subsequently gave up his vote in the poll.

Kiffin also banned a reporter from practice for reporting that kicker Andre Heidari had undergone surgery. The reporter was reinstated when it was shown that he had not violated USC's policy about reporting injuries that occurred during practice.

Kiffin and his staff came under scrutiny after quarterback Cody Kessler switched jerseys during a game against Colorado.

USC was later fined $25,000 after it was discovered that a student manager had deflated footballs against Oregon.

After the season-ending loss in the Sun Bowl, players reportedly argued in the locker room."

Minor stuff mostly but drama followed him.  Seems like risking a circus because he is a good play caller. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

311Hog

hahaha hey Owl nation .... yes you Jim listen up.

elviscat

TrueBlue

We HAVE to hire Kiffin. The reason being is that Hogville already has a hard time spelling his last name. He would fit right in!

Al Boarland

That hire would fall in the "win at all cost" category for some.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 24, 2017, 12:13:33 pm
His wife divorced him for banging so many co-eds on the side. Not sure we need that kind of drama again.

IF this is true then Long wouldn't hire him if he were the last coach in the world. Not sure I would either.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

swineology

Quote from: OptimusHog on October 24, 2017, 12:12:16 pm
Picasso realized the value in absurdity & publicity. What better way to mitigate the S- show this Bielema Fiasco has become than Kiffin? He brings talent, experience & HYPE! His wife is also Jen tier.
JL would never hire Kiffy after the Whore and a Harley debacle.

Boardon Hamsay

Kiffin would be a great hire so long as you don't mind his office being the decorated back end of a Uhaul parked at the FOC loading dock.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 24, 2017, 03:35:37 pm
Was this being a young inexperienced immature coach or is this still what LK would bring as a head coach:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-usc-fires-lane-kiffin-20130929-story.html

"The season also was marked by several off-the-field distractions.

After being told that Arizona Coach Rich Rodriguez had voted the Trojans No. 1 in the USA Today coaches poll, Kiffin said he would not have done that. USA Today then revealed that Kiffin had voted the Trojans No. 1. Kiffin subsequently gave up his vote in the poll.

Kiffin also banned a reporter from practice for reporting that kicker Andre Heidari had undergone surgery. The reporter was reinstated when it was shown that he had not violated USC's policy about reporting injuries that occurred during practice.

Kiffin and his staff came under scrutiny after quarterback Cody Kessler switched jerseys during a game against Colorado.

USC was later fined $25,000 after it was discovered that a student manager had deflated footballs against Oregon.

After the season-ending loss in the Sun Bowl, players reportedly argued in the locker room."

Minor stuff mostly but drama followed him.  Seems like risking a circus because he is a good play caller. 

Inexperienced

woo.pig

You not only get Kiffin, you get Kendal Briles and that offense. Now thats exciting!

solitons

I will be really happy to hire Lane Kiffin,

go get him here

East Clintwood

If Kiffin is the answer are we asking the right questions?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ImHogginIt

Quote from: stronguard on October 24, 2017, 01:14:16 pm
Clay Travis agrees with you. 

We could do a lot worse than Lane Kiffin, I'd be good with that.

Yes Clay Travis loves the Hogs and their fans and knows what is best for them  ;D :P 8) :D ;)

devildoghawg

F*** that, if we are hiring a young coach, I want PJ Fleck.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

birmingHAMette

Go Hogs

King Kong

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 25, 2017, 04:45:30 am
and USC

He wasn't bad at either considering the circumstances. Even finished 6th one year

https://lasentinel.net/usc-gets-college-football-s-death-penalty.html

Nice article that documents the penalties at USC he had to deal with. 2 year bowel bam and 21 lost Scholarships. Still went 28-15.

At UT took over a 5-7 team year prior and went 7-6. This year he has won 4 games at FAU for a school that hasn't won over 3 games in 6 years. They haven't won over 4 games in 7 season

Pork Twain

Quote from: King Kong on October 25, 2017, 06:33:07 am
He wasn’t bad at either considering the circumstances. Even finished 6th one year

https://lasentinel.net/usc-gets-college-football-s-death-penalty.html

Nice article that documents the penalties at USC he had to deal with. 2 year bowel bam and 21 lost Scholarships. Still went 28-15.

At UT took over a 5-7 team year prior and went 7-6. This year he has won 4 games at FAU for a school that hasn’t won over 3 games in 6 years. They haven’t won over 4 games in 7 season
It is a bad sign when we are already making excuses for a coach's results before he is even hired
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

King Kong

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 25, 2017, 06:58:50 am
It is a bad sign when we are already making excuses for a coach's results before he is even hired

Excuses? I'm commending the job he did.  We can also talk about his NC Championships and playoffs as a OC. Which is 2 NC and 3 Playoffs (might have been 3 if Saban let him coach the NC)

roothawg

Yeah he did a great job at tenner and usc. Lmfao

jkstock04

Zero chance Jeff Long would make this hire. Laughable people are talking seriously about it. Think about it...how would Lane Kiffin fall into the jeff long integrity wagon? He wouldn't...that guy has a lot of baggage.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: King Kong on October 25, 2017, 07:02:12 am
Excuses? I'm commending the job he did.  We can also talk about his NC Championships and playoffs as a OC.

There are about 100 or more OC's that could win with Bama's talent. Why? It's because they are there because of NICK.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

Quote from: roothawg on October 25, 2017, 07:04:07 am
Yeah he did a great job at tenner and usc. Lmfao

Blocked FG from beating Bama in year 1 at UT. The eventual National Champion. Jonathan Compton was there QB. Truly amazing stuff.

HogSlop84

I would hire Kindle Briles as head coach. I would give the young pup a shot.. only 34yrs old. I know he has never been a head coach but, it seemed to work out good with OK with Stoops

Pork Twain

Quote from: King Kong on October 25, 2017, 07:02:12 am
Excuses? I’m commending the job he did.  We can also talk about his NC Championships and playoffs as a OC. Which is 2 NC and 3 Playoffs (might have been 3 if Saban let him coach the NC)
Oh boy...  Starting to sound a lot like three Rose Bowls talk.  Lets not start giving him credit for the work his head coaches did.

havok

The problem with Bert's game is he needs to have equal to or Higher talent to opponents at Most positions, to be competitive on the field. Especially at all positions on the O-line.

Arkansas for the immediate future will always be lacking or have less quality (Especially depth) at some key positions every week (With exception to the Coastal Carolinas).  Thus, for success, I think we need a coach who is good at "Smoke and mirrors".  One who can disguise weaknesses with creative game plans.  We will never be able to line up man to man and whip many of the SEC teams in a Straight up Power game.

King Kong

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 25, 2017, 07:07:58 am
There are about 100 or more OC's that could win with Bama's talent. Why? It's because they are there because of NICK.

Has won a NC without Nick

King Kong

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 25, 2017, 07:50:09 am
Oh boy...  Starting to sound a lot like three Rose Bowls talk.  Lets not start giving him credit for the work his head coaches did.

Wait, so your agrument against his accomplishments as an OC is the credit goes to the HC. (Kirby Smart seems to proving it can be both)

And to prove this you take a slap a HC's accomplishments? Essentially discrediting it?

King Kong

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 25, 2017, 07:05:26 am
Zero chance Jeff Long would make this hire. Laughable people are talking seriously about it. Think about it...how would Lane Kiffin fall into the jeff long integrity wagon? He wouldn't...that guy has a lot of baggage.

What is really his baggage that makes him not a person of integrity? Because he left UT for USC? CBB left Wisconsin for Arkansas a few days after he told his team he wasn't going anywhere.

Because his AP vote did line up with what he said? CBB's AP vote didn't make what his actually ballet did either.

At UT he had some self reported Secondary NCAA violations. Seriously every school has this. CBB mistakenly tweeted an Oline recruit that was supposed to be a DM. Secondary Violation.

IMO Lane's rep doesn't match with the facts.