Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This game means nothing...We didn't need to win this one...

Started by The OTR, March 03, 2018, 07:12:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhames

Quote from: hobhog on March 05, 2018, 03:54:32 pm
I dont like losing and being irrelevant. You wouldn't understand.

We are irrelevant?

The loss Saturday isn't one to be upset about. Be upset about losing to LSU. That's where the hogs faltered.

I'm sorry your week was ruined because a basketball team lost a game every one had them losing. Maybe you should get out and enjoy life!
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Quote from: hobhog on March 05, 2018, 04:02:45 pm
2017 senior laden team with NBA center mantra: "Other team was hungrier", "they wanted it more", "this loss doesn't matter", "we just didn't have any energy".

21-10, 10-8. But losses don't matter. Got it.

Gosh your comprehension is as bad as guv. Y'all posting from the same nursing home??

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hobhog

Quote from: rhames on March 05, 2018, 06:50:08 pm

We are irrelevant?

The loss Saturday isn't one to be upset about. Be upset about losing to LSU. That's where the hogs faltered.

I'm sorry your week was ruined because a basketball team lost a game every one had them losing. Maybe you should get out and enjoy life!

I caught a bunch of trout with great friends this weekend and had a blast. The game was a letdown but not surprising. Just continues to be disappointing.

This is a Razorback message board so I discuss it.

"Everyone had us losing."  It's ok then?

Listen to yourself.

The OTR

If my goal was to bring out the mallet heads and sad sacks and know it alls and get everyone all steamed up then mission accomplished.

hobhog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 05, 2018, 08:27:36 pm
If my goal was to bring out the mallet heads and sad sacks and know it alls and get everyone all steamed up then mission accomplished.

What do you expect when you make ridiculous and misinformed posts? People won't ignore it so mission accomplished.

PonderinHog

Where all the mouthbreathers at ???

The OTR

Quote from: hobhog on March 05, 2018, 08:30:38 pm
What do you expect when you make ridiculous and misinformed posts? People won't ignore it so mission accomplished.

You are a sourpuss's sourpuss, aren't you?

The OTR

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 05, 2018, 08:32:56 pm
Where all the mouthbreathers at ???

Most of the mouthbreathers are down in the tavern with the numskulls. 

rhames

Quote from: hobhog on March 05, 2018, 08:26:23 pm
I caught a bunch of trout with great friends this weekend and had a blast. The game was a letdown but not surprising. Just continues to be disappointing.

This is a Razorback message board so I discuss it.

"Everyone had us losing."  It's ok then?

Listen to yourself.

No one is saying it's ok to lose. I'm sure the team is way more dissapointed than you could ever be over it. The fact is the loss didn't change much. That's what we are saying. If you want to talk about under performing and losing to teams we should have beaten, you'll get no argument from me 

If you're expecting the hogs to go 30-0 in the regular season you better spend your time catching more fish.

You also didn't answer the question. Are the hogs irrelevant?

I get it I get it  mediocre Mike. Blah blah blah. Rinse repeat.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 05, 2018, 08:59:53 pm
Most of the mouthbreathers are down in the tavern with the numskulls.
Who do you think should mentor whom?

The OTR

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 05, 2018, 09:16:27 pm
Who do you think should mentor whom?

Mouthbreathers are a lower life form than the numskulls but neither one have any business mentoring anyone. 

hobhog

Quote from: rhames on March 05, 2018, 09:07:11 pm
No one is saying it's ok to lose. I'm sure the team is way more dissapointed than you could ever be over it. The fact is the loss didn't change much. That's what we are saying. If you want to talk about under performing and losing to teams we should have beaten, you'll get no argument from me 

If you're expecting the hogs to go 30-0 in the regular season you better spend your time catching more fish.

You also didn't answer the question. Are the hogs irrelevant?

I get it I get it  mediocre Mike. Blah blah blah. Rinse repeat.

I was there when we beat Michael Jordan. Saw us win it all in Charlotte. Have been to so many games I can't remember them all. Never have I thought "this loss didnt change much" or " this loss meant nothing".

Just different expectations I guess. I take losses hard and hope I always do. It used to be the norm from fanbase.

And yes- I consider us irrelevant on the national stage. I'm guessing 80% of college basketball fans don't even know who our coach is. It can and will be better someday. I truly believe that.

OkieBack

Quote from: rhames on March 05, 2018, 09:07:11 pm

All things in perspective.  Does it mean we accept losing?  No.  But it does mean we understand this team doesn't have a Big Nasty.  This team doesn't have the 40 Minutes mentality always.  This team is good but has a few missing parts that if they had would turn them from a 10 loss team to may be a 4 loss team. 

But if these few "irrelevant" fans are expecting THIS Hog team to make the Final 4 THIS year I don't know what to tell you.  Enjoy the ride while it lasts and understand which games are MUST WIN games.  If you expect to go win every game in glorious fashion then go root for the New England Patriots.  The last time I checked they even faltered a bit this last season.

Kevin

does the next game matter?  since we are now picking and choosing which one matters
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

OkieBack

Quote from: Kevin on March 06, 2018, 11:30:49 am
does the next game matter?  since we are now picking and choosing which one matters

What do you think?

The OTR

If you're asking me, no.  It doesn't matter. We're still in the tournament. We have little or no chance of winning the SEC tournament. If we start winning and playing back to back games we risk injury and risk our guys getting overly tired. 

I say we throw this first game and start getting ready for next week. 

99toLife

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 06, 2018, 12:01:11 pm
If you're asking me, no.  It doesn't matter. We're still in the tournament. We have little or no chance of winning the SEC tournament. If we start winning and playing back to back games we risk injury and risk our guys getting overly tired. 

Thank God it's not like their old days in AAU ball. Would hate for them to get tired.

All kidding aside, Look at a team Like Kansas, already a #1 seed, They will probably do what they always do in the big 12 Tourney, Win the first game lose the second game and rest up and recover for the NCAAT. 

The real Hogules

Quote from: OkieBack on March 06, 2018, 11:25:43 am
All things in perspective.  Does it mean we accept losing?  No.  But it does mean we understand this team doesn't have a Big Nasty.  This team doesn't have the 40 Minutes mentality always.  This team is good but has a few missing parts that if they had would turn them from a 10 loss team to may be a 4 loss team. 

But if these few "irrelevant" fans are expecting THIS Hog team to make the Final 4 THIS year I don't know what to tell you.  Enjoy the ride while it lasts and understand which games are MUST WIN games.  If you expect to go win every game in glorious fashion then go root for the New England Patriots.  The last time I checked they even faltered a bit this last season.

And whose job is it to bring in the "Big Nasties"? Tennessee was picked at the bottom of the league along with us, but they preformed above expectations. "So far" the vast majority of Mikes recruits have holes in their games. And I realize that every player generally speaking has holes in their game, but our guys weaknesses seem to be much larger than other teams. Very little in the way of actual defense and for a team pimping "The fastest 40 minutes in all of college basketball" we don't even get up the court on offense very quickly. I don't want Mike Anderson fired, but something has got to change! Either he needs to teach his players to play defense and run a half court offense, or he needs to recruit players with a better set of wheels and a desire to play defense!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

OkieBack

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 06, 2018, 12:11:34 pm
And whose job is it to bring in the "Big Nasties"? Tennessee was picked at the bottom of the league along with us, but they preformed above expectations. "So far" the vast majority of Mikes recruits have holes in their games. And I realize that every player generally speaking has holes in their game, but our guys weaknesses seem to be much larger than other teams. Very little in the way of actual defense and for a team pimping "The fastest 40 minutes in all of college basketball" we don't even get up the court on offense very quickly. I don't want Mike Anderson fired, but something has got to change! Either he needs to teach his players to play defense and run a half court offense, or he needs to recruit players with a better set of wheels and a desire to play defense!

I hear you.  You're preaching to the choir.  My whole point was to not put this particular team on a pedestal.  I think anything short of 1 and Done will exceed most fans' expectations.  I agree this team is not CMA's most fundamentally sound group.  He's got to recruit better and his assistants have to help strengthen this team's fundamentals.  Period.  It all rests on Coach Anderson.  You speak the truth.

rhames

In terms of winning the SEC tournament? Yes lol

In terms of getting a better seeding? Not really.

MrKnowItAll

hobhog

Quote from: rhames on March 06, 2018, 02:38:25 pm

In terms of winning the SEC tournament? Yes lol

In terms of getting a better seeding? Not really.

Good grief. How can you possibly think that losing your last two games and no wins in your conference tournament wouldn't hurt our seeding? So we are a slam dunk 6-7 seed in your head. Wow.

And of course a losing streak going into March Madness wouldn't matter either.

There is being positive, and then there is being delusional.

hobhog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 06, 2018, 12:01:11 pm

Again: WOW

I'm assuming you have never been to/played in a tournament in your life.

rhames

Quote from: hobhog on March 06, 2018, 08:23:14 pm
Good grief. How can you possibly think that losing your last two games and no wins in your conference tournament wouldn't hurt our seeding? So we are a slam dunk 6-7 seed in your head. Wow.

And of course a losing streak going into March Madness wouldn't matter either.

There is being positive, and then there is being delusional.

Prove me wrong

The hogs are a 7 seed. Could sure up a six if they  make it to Sunday. Which is unlikely they do.

Conference tournaments are for bubble teams to do work. They literally cause no change for teams who are in.

So as I said, the game doesn't mean much.

rhames

Quote from: hobhog on March 06, 2018, 08:25:28 pm

Are you Owen Wilson or Joey Lawrence. Chill out with the "wow's"

We get it. You think of every loss as something to be upset about. Others don't.

No one is going to remember or care how the hogs did in the SEC tournament.

rhames

I'll also add because I don't think hobhog can differentiate between the two ideas. I want the hogs to win every game. I would love for them to make a run in ST Louis. Their body of work they will be judged on is just complete already.

The OTR

Quote from: hobhog on March 06, 2018, 08:25:28 pm

Well now you got me there.  I've never been much of an athlete or a competitor.  I'm a little bitty feller so sports were never my thing. 

But Thursday night I am going to have the opportunity to eat dinner at the u of a at the same table with a feller name Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and I may pick his brain and see if he knows anything about the NCAA tournament and maybe he can educate me so I can come in here and hold my own with guys like you and boared.   

Connections.  Gotta be connected to get a seat at the table with Kareem. 

hobhog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 06, 2018, 09:22:17 pm
Well now you got me there.  I've never been much of an athlete or a competitor.  I'm a little bitty feller.

BallHog1

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 06, 2018, 09:22:17 pm
Well now you got me there.  I've never been much of an athlete or a competitor.  I'm a little bitty feller so sports were never my thing. 

But Thursday night I am going to have the opportunity to eat dinner at the u of a at the same table with a feller name Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and I may pick his brain and see if he knows anything about the NCAA tournament and maybe he can educate me so I can come in here and hold my own with guys like you and boared.   

Connections.  Gotta be connected to get a seat at the table with Kareem. 

I can vouch that Skandar isn't much of a competitor and he darn sure isn't athletic. He thinks he's both in his own mind, but he really isn't.
As for his size, I wouldn't call him little bitty but I wouldn't call him huge either...and I definitely wouldn't call him skinny.

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on March 07, 2018, 07:11:52 am
I can vouch that Skandar isn't much of a competitor and he darn sure isn't athletic. He thinks he's both in his own mind, but he really isn't.
As for his size, I wouldn't call him little bitty but I wouldn't call him huge either...and I definitely wouldn't call him skinny.

That's kinda funny in a way. I could think of a 1000 words to describe you. Skinny or any of it's synonyms would not be one I would use to describe you either.

99toLife

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 07, 2018, 11:27:21 am
That's kinda funny in a way. I could think of a 1000 words to describe you. Skinny or any of it's synonyms would not be one I would use to describe you either.
O Yeah, a who's skinnier Fight.  And the winner comes in at his skinniest best of 290lbs.  ;) All in Fun..

The OTR

Quote from: 99toLife on March 07, 2018, 11:32:15 am
O Yeah, a who's skinnier Fight.  And the winner comes in at his skinniest best of 290lbs.  ;) All in Fun..

I'm a svelte 245.  Ballhog?  Who knows?  He's been compared to our former jelly sandwich eating coach at times by others (not me).

BallHog1

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 07, 2018, 02:13:20 pm
I'm a svelte 245.  Ballhog?  Who knows?  He's been compared to our former jelly sandwich eating coach at times by others (not me).
Round Mound of No Rebound....ring a bell Skandar?

Rudy Baylor

sure is alot of name calling in this thread

I thought that was against the rules on here

I think this thread should be trashcant

cityhog

Quote from: hobhog on March 05, 2018, 09:47:09 pm
I was there when we beat Michael Jordan. Saw us win it all in Charlotte. Have been to so many games I can't remember them all. Never have I thought "this loss didnt change much" or " this loss meant nothing".

Just different expectations I guess. I take losses hard and hope I always do. It used to be the norm from fanbase.

And yes- I consider us irrelevant on the national stage. I'm guessing 80% of college basketball fans don't even know who our coach is. It can and will be better someday. I truly believe that.

yup. The first SEC road game we lost was to Alabama when Wimp was coach. Fans took in personal to the point where t-shirts were printed for Bama's visit to the Barn that read 'Real men don't wear plaid'. Different times, different expectations. I miss those days.

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on March 07, 2018, 03:44:24 pm
Round Mound of No Rebound....ring a bell Skandar?

Yep.  Funny how I scored 42 in that game and hit the game winner with two second left yet was dubbed the round mound of no rebound. 

Kinda funny in a way.

BallHog1

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 07, 2018, 05:39:29 pm
Yep.  Funny how I scored 42 in that game and hit the game winner with two second left yet was dubbed the round mound of no rebound. 

Kinda funny in a way.
Still bitter I see.

Rudy Baylor

now we're getting to the truth

fat, lazy, lack of rebounding

head case

team cancer probably

Rudy Baylor