Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light Heavyweight Champ Jon Jones Involved in Car Accident, UFC 187 Fight in Jeopardy

Started by SwazyHog, April 26, 2015, 09:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

"Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was involved in a car accident and his UFC 187 title fight against Anthony Johnson is in jeopardy, MMAWeekly.com learned on Sunday."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/light-heavyweight-champ-jon-jones-involved-in-car-accident-ufc-187-fight-in-jeopardy
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

Dillar Dog

Dillar Dog

Fleeing the scene is starting to sound like it was a good idea.

Much easier to make all this go away.

Dillar Dog

SwazyHog

"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

Dillar Dog

With the legal team fertitta money can buy this shouldn't amount to anything.

Jones will be geeked out and driving drunk by 4 tomorrow.  He might even find the time to poke someone in the eye.  Who knows?  Who knows if there will be enough time?

Tsarcasm

although unlikely, I hope Dana white, and the UFC come down hard on him for this crap.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

hvsupastar

The best medicine would be to make his fight with Rumble a kick boxing match.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Dillar Dog

Nothing to see here.  He was just hyping the fight with Johnson.  He's a great guy.  Very genuine.  What you see in interviews is how he really is.  Just trying to sell the fight.

He can do all things through Christ who strengthens him.  It's on his chest.  Praise Jesus.

Dillar Dog

"I've always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part," said Jones. "I'm no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don't want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I've always been down for the good side, I guess."

SwazyHog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 27, 2015, 04:02:32 pm
It just keeps getting better.

Classy guy.  Praise Jesus.
Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 27, 2015, 09:24:53 pm
With the legal team fertitta money can buy this shouldn't amount to anything.

Jones will be geeked out and driving drunk by 4 tomorrow.  He might even find the time to poke someone in the eye.  Who knows?  Who knows if there will be enough time?
Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 27, 2015, 09:54:31 pm
Nothing to see here.  He was just hyping the fight with Johnson.  He's a great guy.  Very genuine.  What you see in interviews is how he really is.  Just trying to sell the fight.

He can do all things through Christ who strengthens him.  It's on his chest.  Praise Jesus.
Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 27, 2015, 10:06:36 pm
“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.”

So tell us how you really feel about Jones?

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Dillar Dog

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 28, 2015, 07:53:42 am
DD has always had a tendency to hate anything post Pride

Not true.  I'm just not a fan of dooshbags.  Jones has always been one.

SwazyHog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 28, 2015, 08:40:28 am
Not true.  I'm just not a fan of dooshbags.  Jones has always been one.
May have but he's also been the champ with nobody being able to come close outside of Gus. But, there are always those that hate on greatness. Until Jones is beaten he's still the best. I hope Dana takes a page from boxing and goes ahead and lets him fight then hand down punishments later.

Dillar Dog

Please point out where I said anything about him not being a great fighter.  I'll wait.

SwazyHog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 28, 2015, 06:36:27 pm
Please point out where I said anything about him not being a great fighter.  I'll wait.
Right, you love the guy

Dillar Dog

SwazyHog

Dillar Dog

I just hope they don't slap his wrist too hard.  An injury could really mess up the fight with Johnson.

Dillar Dog

Well.  Never mind the wrist slap post.

He got a pretty bad spanking. 

hvsupastar

Dillar Dog

Jones really didn't give them much of a choice.  I didn't think they would do it though.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 29, 2015, 07:40:21 am
Jones really didn't give them much of a choice.  I didn't think they would do it though.

I read where a fox legal rep says he could be in jail for a year.  Who knows

hvsupastar

This is a going to make a good WWE type story line though.  Nobody could be Jones but himself, so when he is back to form he'll have to fight to overcome his own self. 

SwazyHog

Consolation for Jones being out of UFC 187, we get to watch Rumble beat the fat boy Cormier's face in

Dillar Dog

hvsupastar

Quote from: SwazyHog on April 29, 2015, 06:40:04 pm
Consolation for Jones being out of UFC 187, we get to watch Rumble beat the fat boy Cormier's face in

Cormier is a tough match up.  Maybe even tougher than Jones.  Jones likes to play others peoples games, so he would have kick boxed with Johnson.  Cormier is going straight to the ground and his wrestling is on another level from Johnsons

SwazyHog

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 30, 2015, 08:22:57 am
Cormier is a tough match up.  Maybe even tougher than Jones.  Jones likes to play others peoples games, so he would have kick boxed with Johnson.  Cormier is going straight to the ground and his wrestling is on another level from Johnsons
Johnson might knock 10 lbs off Cormier's gut, he's going to beat his face in. He's way to explosive, athletic and powerful for Cormier.

hvsupastar

Quote from: SwazyHog on April 30, 2015, 09:35:10 am
Johnson might knock 10 lbs off Cormier's gut, he's going to beat his face in. He's way to explosive, athletic and powerful for Cormier.

You may be right about the result.  But Cormier has fought and dominated guys who are just as explosive, athletic, and powerful as Rumble.  Olympic level wrestling is a problem for anyone.

Dillar Dog

Man, you must really hate guys like Mark hunt, Roy Nelson and Fedor too.

SwazyHog

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 30, 2015, 09:42:23 am
You may be right about the result.  But Cormier has fought and dominated guys who are just as explosive, athletic, and powerful as Rumble.  Olympic level wrestling is a problem for anyone.
Except for Jon Jones, he handled that "Olympic level wrestling" pretty easy.

SwazyHog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on April 30, 2015, 10:12:22 am
Man, you must really hate guys like Mark hunt, Roy Nelson and Fedor too.
I actually like Hunt and Nelson. Cormier i'm just not a fan of and never been that impressed. IMO, he's a poor man's Sonnen that's not as witty

Dillar Dog

You're right.  Sonnen is better at talking.  That's the only thing he's better at.

Well, that and increasing his testosterone to unbelievable levels.

hvsupastar

Quote from: SwazyHog on April 30, 2015, 03:06:08 pm
Except for Jon Jones, he handled that "Olympic level wrestling" pretty easy.

Well. Yeah. He's the most talented fighter I've ever seen too.

SwazyHog

Quote from: SwazyHog on April 29, 2015, 06:40:04 pm
Quote from: hvsupastar on April 30, 2015, 08:22:57 am

I certainly stand corrected!

Dillar Dog