Started by RagingHawgOn, January 10, 2018, 09:56:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

draftkings33

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 10, 2018, 09:56:41 pm
Look like you're stuck in mud!
Play hard!
Need some heart!
Don't give up!

Good job Mike. Don't mention fundamentals......absolute joke.
I would much rather have that than these coaches that start drawing crap up that they will never even do in the game. 

Letsroll1200

Play hard!
Need some heart!
Don't give up!

You know there is some material they're not able to show.  Keep Watching!!!!

draftkings33

Play hard!
Need some heart!
Don't give up!

Are you one of these guys who thinks defenders should keep their hands up??  Wanna run a set play evertime down the court?

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 12, 2018, 02:28:23 pm
Are you one of these guys who thinks defenders should keep their hands up??  Wanna run a set play evertime down the court?

Actually yes. I'm old school. I don't believe in rolling the ball on the court and see what happens. I don't believe in wasting a time out to tell my guys I love them. I don't believe a time out is necessary to tell my guys they look slow. IMHO timeouts are best spent coaching your effing team.

I'd never expect a snowflake such as yourself to understand where I'm coming from.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 12, 2018, 02:24:32 pm
I would much rather have that than these coaches that start drawing crap up that they will never even do in the game.
Good point. Hard to draw crap when you don't know how to draw crap.

southeasthog

What in the world would he draw up?

"It's been different," Portis said last week after practice. "Coming from college to this is very different. College is more up-and-down, tempo type of thing. NBA is more confined and structure-based. It's different because at my college, we didn't even run plays. We just got me the ball or got [Arkansas teammate] Mike Qualls the ball, a clear-out type thing. But now it's more of a dribble-drive, setting pick-and-rolls, pick-and-pops, so it's kind of different for me."
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

ballz2thewall

the enterprise could beam MA aboard at any time during a game
and the team would play exactly the same.
the team is what it is. MA is not a factor.
The rest of the frog.

hobhog

Quote from: southeasthog on January 13, 2018, 08:34:40 am

"It's been different," Portis said last week after practice. "Coming from college to this is very different. College is more up-and-down, tempo type of thing. NBA is more confined and structure-based. It's different because at my college, we didn't even run plays. We just got me the ball or got [Arkansas teammate] Mike Qualls the ball, a clear-out type thing. But now it's more of a dribble-drive, setting pick-and-rolls, pick-and-pops, so it's kind of different for me."

oldman1015

Wow
Arkansas, the left lane state.

jst01

Yikes. Time for a new style at AR. The writing is on the wall. This style and recruiting won't get past the first weekend in the tourney.

McBain

have you guys never heard mike anderson get interviewed before?  I've never come away feeling too impressed with his basketball acumen. Seems like a guy that should be a janitor.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: McBain on January 13, 2018, 12:14:15 pm
have you guys never heard mike anderson get interviewed before?  I've never come away feeling too impressed with his basketball acumen. Seems like a guy that should be a janitor.

He does have a lot of experience getting mopped.

99toLife

“It’s been different,” Portis said last week after practice. “Coming from college to this is very different. College is more up-and-down, tempo type of thing. NBA is more confined and structure-based. It’s different because at my college, we didn’t even run plays. We just got me the ball or got [Arkansas teammate] Mike Qualls the ball, a clear-out type thing. But now it’s more of a dribble-drive, setting pick-and-rolls, pick-and-pops, so it’s kind of different for me.”

This should not be news to anyone that has watched Mike coach before he got here. NOTHING has changed.

Beaverfever

That quote is scary.  I figured there were plays that just generated got scrapped.  The plan actually being there is no plan is startling.

Sivad

have you guys never heard mike anderson get interviewed before?  I've never come away feeling too impressed with his basketball acumen.
For 7 years, all his interviews consist of nothing but silly basketball cliches, "need to put the ball in the hoop" and similar drivel. You just have to think (hope) he is trying to hide his basketball smarts.

fieldturf

Year 7 and still haven't established or returned to the glory days, but Chris Beard has Texas Tech beating No. 2 and he was in our backyard for a year.....  But I guess our AD at that time didn't notice him!!!!

Slater

Play hard!
Need some heart!
Don't give up!

What a stupid post
Practice is where you preach and teach fundamentals
Anyone who has ever coached or played knows the timeout- pit stop is not about changing the program or players in that brief time
Geez, the Mike haters never cease to display great basketball insight
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Slater

Another idiotic post, other guys you likely are not impressed with, Nolan, John Thompson, Dusty Baker, Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

razorback1829

Pretty much a stupid OP to begin with. You fool. You'll never see a play or really and real strategy in those clips. It's still incredible fans ignorance still surprises me now days. Y'all are hilarious.

jst01

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 13, 2018, 11:27:09 pm
Pretty much a stupid OP to begin with. You fool. You'll never see a play or really and real strategy in those clips. It's still incredible fans ignorance still surprises me now days. Y'all are hilarious.

What you think about Portis' Quote saying they didn't even run plays at AR when he was here? You think that is normal from teams that get to the sweet 16 each year?

razorback1829

Quote from: jst01 on January 14, 2018, 07:54:32 am
What you think about Portis' Quote saying they didn't even run plays at AR when he was here? You think that is normal from teams that get to the sweet 16 each year?

Like I said, if you have to try that hard to fit that Portia quote into your agenda, you're a sad person. And a sh*tty Hog fan. Stay in your hole.

jst01

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 14, 2018, 07:59:00 am
Like I said, if you have to try that hard to fit that Portia quote into your agenda, you're a sad person. And a sh*tty Hog fan. Stay in your hole.

Not hard to fit. AR didn't run plays with Portis here. Hence, Mike didn't draw up any plays. You getting defensive about it shows it hits home with the blind.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: fieldturf on January 13, 2018, 04:32:36 pm
Year 7 and still haven't established or returned to the glory days, but Chris Beard has Texas Tech beating No. 2 and he was in our backyard for a year.....  But I guess our AD at that time didn't notice him!!!!

Chris Beard didn't have enough integrity for Mr. Integrity Jeff Long.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

lynbug

Quote from: hobhog on January 13, 2018, 09:17:20 am

Wow!  Well now we can quit arguing about changing strategies because, apparently, there are no strategies.  This is MA's game plan.  Thanks, Bobby.  I feel much better now ::) ::) ::)

Roy Bacon

thanks Bobby for giving credibility to those who knew this all along and for enlightening those who could not see . 
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

respirback

I'd love it if just once we would see him diagramming a play. 

Nolan could yell at his players and they would go perform for fear of their lives. I don't see that with Coach Anderson. He seems like too nice of a guy.

k.c.hawg

I if Bobby was sitting in front of a monitor with it qued up he would back off that statement to some degree. We ran plenty of pick and rolls when he was here and some pick and pop as well. We don't run set plays for 48 minutes but his statement here is not factual. And, I love BP, one of the best Razorbacks to ever walk this earth, loved being a Hog, loves to represent the Hogs, always promoting the Hogs, but this is more of a statement to explain the compexity of NBA ball.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Roy Bacon

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 14, 2018, 07:59:00 am

and your agenda is what ?  mediocrity ?
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !