Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’s hard to be humble..

Started by HeyHogs, February 03, 2018, 04:25:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

The days of being a proud Hog fan are over.  Jeff Long completely destroyed this program and it was Arkansans that let it happen.

Not much hope for the future.. 😒

greenEGnHAWGS

Funny. I'm always proud of being a Hog fan. If you are ONLY proud of being a fan if we're winning...then it's been a tough existence for you, huh...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 03, 2018, 04:25:01 pm
The days of being a proud Hog fan are over.  Jeff Long completely destroyed this program and it was Arkansans that let it happen.

Long didn't destroy it on his own. Broyles pitched the first 5 innings. Ark basketball was a different program beginning in 1997-98. It never got any better and Nolan was fired near end of 2001-02 season.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

cityhog

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 03, 2018, 04:25:01 pm

JL just did what the majority of the fan base was demanding. He conducted a fake national search and then bent to the will of the nostalgic wing of the fan base and hired MA. If I blame anyone for his mess we are in it's the majority of Arkansas fans who demanded this hire, and didn't have the sense to see how this was all going to end up.

26.2Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 03, 2018, 07:19:05 pm
Long didn't destroy it on his own. Broyles pitched the first 5 innings. Ark basketball was a different program beginning in 1997-98. It never got any better and Nolan was fired near end of 2001-02 season.

John White relieved Framk Broyles in the first inning and he pitched the the next four innings, beginning with the hiring of Nutt and Heath.

code red

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2018, 04:28:14 pm
Funny. I'm always proud of being a Hog fan. If you are ONLY proud of being a fan if we're winning...then it's been a tough existence for you, huh...
Come on dude?  Mike has quit.  This team has quit.  Jeff Long was lazy.  OP nailed it.  Arkansas fans don't have to accept losing.  Neither will our AD.  GO HOGS.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HogBreath

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 03, 2018, 07:19:05 pm
Somehow, some way...from beyond the grave, that meanie Frank is still sabotaging our beloved fast forty.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

RedBird5

Quote from: cityhog on February 03, 2018, 07:47:33 pm
JL just did what the majority of the fan base was demanding. He conducted a fake national search and then bent to the will of the nostalgic wing of the fan base and hired MA. If I blame anyone for his mess we are in it's the majority of Arkansas fans who demanded this hire, and didn't have the sense to see how this was all going to end up.

Bingo

GoHogs1091

Quote from: cityhog on February 03, 2018, 07:47:33 pm

I believe Long met with a group of Nolan's former players at a restaurant in NWA (I might be mistaken about that meeting).  If that is correct, then that probably is what sealed the hiring, not a bending to the will of the nostalgic wing of the fan base.

There was a significant portion of the Hogs fan base that didn't want him hired.  They saw the way Missouri was going down hill as a program towards the end of his tenure there (his recruiting was almost non-existent towards the end at Missouri).  Also, savvy people knew that a win over Kentucky while at UAB did not mean over the long haul he would be a high level Coach here at Arkansas.