Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Theo Epstein

Started by bob slydell, October 14, 2015, 03:45:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bob slydell

It's hard to fathom the level of legendary status that Theo is possibly staring down right now. I know that there are two series yet to win, but if he is the architect of breaking both the 'Curse of the Bambino' and the 'Curse of the Billy Goat', can't imagine that he won't be an all time great front office figure and a sure fire hall of famer years from now.

I just hate that my Cardinals possibly could be on the wrong end of ending both of these 'curses'.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

hoglady

I was driving on the interstate today thinking the same thing.
As a Red Sox fan I appreciate what he did for my Sox.
He's got a chance to do the same for the Cubs.
(He was only 29 years old when the Sox broke the curse in 2004)
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DiamondHogFan

Who should get more credit for this year (other than the players themselves):

Epstein or Maddon? 

I realize both are worthy, just curious as to what the few people on here that are interested think.

clutch

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on October 16, 2015, 10:53:34 am

Epstein or Maddon? 

I realize both are worthy, just curious as to what the few people on here that are interested think.

I don't know enough about the Cubs to know how many of these prospects were already in their system before Epstein got there. That would play a big part in the equation of who deserves more credit. I do think playing wise, Maddon has them a year or two ahead of schedule. He really did a good job of getting all those young superstars to buy in.

hoglady

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on October 16, 2015, 10:53:34 am

Epstein or Maddon? 

Well - you've got to figure that Epstein had a hand in the hiring of Maddon.
I would say everyone gets credit - success happens when most everyone is doing their jobs - players, coaches, manager and front office.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality