Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow - Coach Partridge already making an impact

Started by #1Fan, December 27, 2013, 08:59:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Really sucks we lost Partridge but glad to see he is doing well already!  :razorback:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HogsGoneWild

It helps they hired his high school coach. It's a long way until 2015. I'm going to guess Partridge didn't have much impact on this commit.

The Hogfather

#1Fan

Quote from: HogsGoneWild on December 27, 2013, 09:30:27 pm
It helps they hired his high school coach. It's a long way until 2015. I'm going to guess Partridge didn't have much impact on this commit.

But he did hire the kid's high school coach.  Pretty shrewd.

3kgthog

There has to be more to it such as grades or character issues. No way any kid would turn down those offers for FAU.

ZERO

Either way, good job coach Partridge. Glad to see him moving up and start making waves. I hope Garrick has a better year and gets to keep his job.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HawgFan70

Quote from: #1Fan on December 27, 2013, 09:42:13 pm
But he did hire the kid's high school coach.  Pretty shrewd.

Even Houston Nutt figured out this trick
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

redeye

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 27, 2013, 09:57:08 pm
There has to be more to it such as grades or character issues. No way any kid would turn down those offers for FAU.

I think it's common for Florida players to choose smaller Florida schools early and then flip to a bigger school later.

bhavesj92

Maybe we should hire John Curtis' head coach for the D-line position, we could get Dupre, Young,and Mcgraw.

immahog

Quote from: bhavesj92 on December 28, 2013, 01:19:09 am
Maybe we should hire John Curtis' head coach for the D-line position, we could get Dupre, Young,and Mcgraw.

john curtis aint leaving "john curtis"
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

holeinthewall

Quote from: redeye on December 28, 2013, 01:14:05 am
I think it's common for Florida players to choose smaller Florida schools early and then flip to a bigger school later.

The only time you see this is if the bigger schools offer late.  USF picked up some top recruits when Leavitt was there that turned down the big 3 in state schools but that has since turned down. UCF has never picked up big name players out of Florida. There top back was kicked off Miami team for a problem with some illegal things.

I doubt this will stick. The kid is transferring to St. Thomas for next year which is sending a lot of kids to Miami and has always sent some to Ohio St and other BCS programs

Kid has an emotional tie to the coach who left for FAU.  He'll get over that and change his mind several times before he signs on the dotted line.  I doublt he'll go to FAU.  This is the flavor of the month situation.