Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know???????????????????????????

Started by 12247, February 05, 2012, 09:50:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What we gonna do with that 25th schollie?  Have we spent it yet or are we gonna save it for anyone in particular or what?

Hogsmoke

Petrino knows

Figure we use it for a mid year enrollment

Uncommon

1. Use it on Davonte Neal
2. Use it on Late Junior College player like last year (Robert Atiga and Chris Stringer)
3. Keep it for next recruiting class where we will have 26 scholarships to deal out.

bkjacks

Does it work that way? Can we give 26 next year?

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hogninja

Or, give it to a walkon after spring practice.

swinetologist1

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on February 05, 2012, 10:02:34 pm
1. Use it on Davonte Neal
2. Use it on Late Junior College player like last year (Robert Atiga and Chris Stringer)
3. Keep it for next recruiting class where we will have 26 scholarships to deal out.

Doesn't work that way on #3. Can have that extra scholly but can only sign 25.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

1Hog1/2Ham

Quote from: swinetologist1 on February 05, 2012, 10:30:03 pm

Can it be used for a midterm enrollee after the fall semester?

ADinWaiting

Didn't Bama sign 26?
"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."

Uncommon

Oklahawg

Nope. Mid-term guys can sign and enroll at semester and qualify in the 2012 class. Its how others signed > 25. Its a selling point as we recruit - use the summer to get ahead on Senior English and enroll at UA at semester. We did this a lot with 2011 recruits. Only one in 2012, as we didn't have as many open slots.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Tim Harris

From everything I have read on this board and elsewhere it will either be used on Neal or saved for next year to count back a mid-term enrollee.

mceasy1001

RAF

If you don't sign 25, you can still count those back.  The only thing that has changed about the rules is in the past, if you signed 25, but only 24 showed up on campus, you could sign a mid-term guy to make up the difference.  Now if you sign 25, but only 24 shows up on campus, you're out of luck.

swinetologist1

Quote from: dxf04 on February 06, 2012, 09:35:28 am
If you don't sign 25, you can still count those back.  The only thing that has changed about the rules is in the past, if you signed 25, but only 24 showed up on campus, you could sign a mid-term guy to make up the difference.  Now if you sign 25, but only 24 shows up on campus, you're out of luck.

Right. Under the new rules you can sign 25 per class. So midterm guy would count for this 2012. The guy I responded to said keep it for the next class and that's what I was saying would not work.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

TNhawgfan

My sources say wait and see what Bobby does
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

RAF

Quote from: swinetologist1 on February 06, 2012, 10:41:46 am
Right. Under the new rules you can sign 25 per class. So midterm guy would count for this 2012. The guy I responded to said keep it for the next class and that's what I was saying would not work.
Ah, I see what you mean.  It initially sounded like you were one of the many people who believe that the new rules mean you can't count back at all anymore.  My mistake.

ARtillahog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 06, 2012, 10:44:04 am
My sources say wait and see what Bobby does

Your sources STINK!  Hogville knows better!

#sarcasm

josh_sec33

Anyone know where all my question marks went

oh. never mind. I see.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Thanks, answer is no one really knows for sure right now on Hogville.  My guess would be it will be used and used correctly.  Just thought it was being saved for someone special and I guess, in a way, thats right.  Whoever gets it will love the helmet, bounce around, hold on to the rope, hate opponets that score so fast it messes them up, be extra special and be closer than sooooo close.  Eventually, they may even have run that play, Chuck.