Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Ed Orgeron named LSU coach

Started by jbcarol, November 26, 2016, 07:56:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 3m3 minutes ago

Ed Orgeron "blew away" #LSU decision-makers in a meeting Friday.

He brought with him a massive binder detailing long-term plans.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau ‏@LSUBeatTweet 5m5 minutes ago

Jimbo Fisher turned LSU down. Tom Herman didn't say yes. LSU falls to Ed Orgeron. Press conf. at 12. Not 1st choice, but congrats to Coach O
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Großer Kriegschwein

Good for Ed.

Came home to finish it out.
This is my non-signature signature.

jbcarol

Inhogswetrust

Wow. Crazy if true. Talk about a phoenix rising from the past.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cylinder

The idea -- as reported by ESPN -- that LSU is on Kiffin as OC seems dubious.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cylinder on November 26, 2016, 08:34:09 am
The idea -- as reported by ESPN -- that LSU is on Kiffin as OC seems dubious.

Not sure why not with both of them and their ties at USCw.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jackflash

I give LSU credit here wasn't going to beg some one to be their coach maybe other schools show follow their lead

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 26, 2016, 08:37:26 am
Not sure why not with both of them and their ties at USCw.

And that one glorious year at Tennessee.

It would be interesting to see the dynamic of the relationship with Kiffin working for Orgeron, since it was always the opposite in the past.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

November 26, 2016, 11:03:47 am #9 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:05:01 pm by Boarcephus
Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 26, 2016, 09:38:41 am
And that one glorious year at Tennessee.

It would be interesting to see the dynamic of the relationship with Kiffin working for Orgeron, since it was always the opposite in the past.

True but aren't they good friends?  I'd have to think that Tiffin would love the opportunity to get back at Sabin for the butt chewing he got on the sidelines and he will have to talent to do so at LSU. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Good for LSU and we won't hold the boot again for the near future.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 26, 2016, 03:06:14 pm
Good for LSU and we won't hold the boot again for the near future.

We're not going to win the boot again until we get some serous influx of talent because this is not a staff that can take less and beat more and sometimes, as evidenced yesterday, sometimes we can't even beat less. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jackflash

For us I think this is the best thing could have happened

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/803662477250744320

QuoteEd Orgeron isn't eloquent, but underestimate him at your peril.

Orgeron is one crafty Cajun.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/ESPN_SEC/status/805804771575635968

QuoteLSU's upcoming appearance in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl will mark Ed Orgeron's first game as the Tigers' full-fledged head coach.

Don't expect to see anything different from the man who led the program for the previous seven games as interim coach, posting a 5-2 record to set up this bowl matchup against Louisville.

"I was acting like I was [full-time head coach] the first game, to be honest with you," Orgeron said Sunday night, eight days after learning he had the job. "I didn't know what was going to happen, but I was coaching the way I'm going to coach this game. Nothing's going to change in my style or who I am."

That said, this game will set the tone for LSU's offseason and for Orgeron's tenure as LSU's head coach. Uncertainty surrounded his two months as interim coach, with LSU's staff and players not knowing whether he would still be around for bowl season or whether the Tigers might have a new head coach by then.

Now they all know who has the job and together they must direct their attention toward defending Heisman Trophy front-runner Lamar Jackson...

"I think it's going to be an important game, obviously, to see the results of our preparation, to go out there and compete again, take our team on the road," Orgeron said of the bowl game, which will kick off at 11 a.m. ET on Dec. 31 in Orlando, Florida. "Obviously we'll be in a hotel for several nights and the discipline and the way we handle being there for a while, our staff working together, and I do believe that our guys are going to do a fine job of it."