Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here’s how the dominos fall

Started by davehog, October 24, 2017, 06:42:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PygmalionEffect2

PRJ may be on to something.

My sources are saying that the Executive Director Emeritus of the Razorback Foundation has been heard saying that he thinks a lot of Tim Horton and has been following his career for a long time.  Going so far as saying he's very proud of Tim.

I think Tim would do well as a position coach and I also think he is a positive in the recruiting department.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Acehawg

Horton would need to prove himself as a HC somewhere else before he would even being considered here.  This is a scare tactic by the Beliemers.

It's not gonna work...

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 24, 2017, 08:57:39 pm
Not just what I think...😉
But carry on...

Yeah, I found it funny that last time some chicken farmers were in his corner, while other chicken farmers wanted nothing to do with him.

WilsonHog

Damn, y'all cannot be this dense.

PRJ isn't saying Horton will be the next coach. What he is reminding us of is this.

There was a time when Razorback athletics were controlled by JFB and men who had enough money and influence to be in JFB's inner circle. Jeff Long came in, JFB was given emeritus status, and the influence those folks had to the AD's office was cut off. Think those folks just threw up their hands, said "to hell with it," and hit the golf course? That make sense to you? No, they did what might be expected; keep their powder dry and wait for the worm to turn. It may be about to.

It ain't about Tim Horton; it ain't about his qualifications. It's about power and influence, and getting back what was lost.

Do I think he'll be our next head coach? No. I also did not think a 4-7 coach at Boise State would go from getting a "courtesy interview" to being our head coach.

Hoggish1

Spare use your wacky chrystal ball machinations, dummkopf

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 24, 2017, 08:57:39 pm
Not just what I think...😉
But carry on...

Billion...as in Billions like Tim. So what if some different billion...as in Billions like Gus? What difference does it make when a power struggle ensues? Not what we need with a program tetering on becoming a laughing stock. Either choice of Tim or Gus would hasten a drop to the bottom in my opinion.

I don't care if we have old money, if we have Walmart, chicken, trucking or 6 flags of Jesus running things, it isn't good for us.

PRJ

pigmania

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 24, 2017, 07:57:11 pm
Again, what makes anyone, heavy hitters or not, think that Tim Horton would have any success as the Head Coach of the Hogs? I mean really, can anyone sell this to not only fans but also to recruits? He's never even been a coordinator. So please, let's see a sales pitch on Tim Horton leading the Razorbacks to a contender in the SEC west - go!
If Horton gets hired as HC, then it will be clear as day that the football program is about the "good ole boys" fraternity and not about winning games.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 24, 2017, 08:59:53 pm

PRJ isn't saying Horton will be the next coach. What he is reminding us of is this.

There was a time when Razorback athletics were controlled by JFB and men who had enough money and influence to be in JFB's inner circle. Jeff Long came in, JFB was given emeritus status, and the influence those folks had to the AD's office was cut off. Think those folks just threw up their hands, said "to hell with it," and hit the golf course? That make sense to you? No, they did what might be expected; keep their powder dry and wait for the worm to turn. It may be about to.

It ain't about Tim Horton; it ain't about his qualifications. It's about power and influence, and getting back what was lost.

Thank you Wilson.

How did I know you would be the one to understand what I am trying to say.

Thank you again.

PRJ

ipigsooie

Quote from: hawgon on October 24, 2017, 07:02:09 pm
He has also deepened his connections to the state of Arkansas, specifically NWA lately, but I'll let someone else tell you about that if he wants to.  In any case, I'm pretty sure he is angling for the job.  I can't tell you how mutual the interest is.

And no, this isn't from a source...just putting together the bits of info as it comes.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm just curious.  I am a big Norvell fan and would love for this to happen.

100%Razorback

Anybody else think that Gus not letting off the gas against us was him interviewing for the Arkansas job? Kinda saying "Hey look at me"?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 24, 2017, 09:02:49 pm
Thank you Wilson.

Thank you again.

PRJ
We know what you are trying to say...we aren't as dense as Wilson claims.
You keep making the same case over & over.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Großer Kriegschwein

Long will complain to the Chancellor and BoT.

Either they will back down or accept his resignation. My guess is that they will back down and that calls the bluff of the GOBN. Timing will be everything for Jeff.

Some people have been complaining that Jeff hired Petrino. Lol.
This is my non-signature signature.

HawgPilot

Quote from: 100%Razorback on October 24, 2017, 09:04:06 pm
Anybody else think that Gus not letting off the gas against us was him interviewing for the Arkansas job? Kinda saying "Hey look at me"?

Not sure but I think we could do worse than Gus.

Porked Tongue

Nothing like it being said 27 times to drive it home.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 24, 2017, 09:05:53 pm
Nothing like it being said 27 times to drive it home.

You new to Hogville?  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 24, 2017, 09:02:49 pm
Thank you Wilson.

Thank you again.

PRJ

He isn't the only one, but Horton is just a run it in your face name, IMO, we'll see.

Acehawg

Do I think he'll be our next head coach? No. I also did not think a 4-7 coach at Boise State would go from getting a "courtesy interview" to being our head coach.

Thanks it all makes sense.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: pigmania on October 24, 2017, 09:02:24 pm
If Horton gets hired as HC, then it will be clear as day that the football program is about the "good ole boys" fraternity and not about winning games.

It is clear as day right now with the current regime. Why do you think these guys got a dose full to step up now and scream Tim Horton.

I am going to explain it again, some of you guys, I don't know if some are young, obtuse, heads in the sand....you don't understand the power or the politics of how it works up there. Yeah, Jeff tampered it down for a time....they are knocking on the door and I must say, with quite fury....all because the current regime has shown they don't give a rats ass about winning.

Jeez.

PRJ

(notOM)Rebel123

We know....

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on October 24, 2017, 08:19:33 pm
I'm probably the only one in here that does know him, lol, he's married to my cousin. I've known him since about 1973.

Jerry or Timmy?

(notOM)Rebel123

pigskenG

(1)  can get every kid in Arkansas that they want
(2)  can recruit well in OK, TX, LA, TN, MO, GA , and I don't mean one 3* player every two years.
(3)  recruit size, speed, and attitude for the position.  (no 5'10 200 lb LB's for example)
(4)  but, we don't need trouble makers, and make sure they understand they will go to class.
(5)  hopefully we won't be in the hurry up spread offense all the time, sorry but I just don't like it. Id rather watch GaTech   
     After this list has been met, show me a list of names then.

WilsonHog

It also brings to mind what I have been told over and over about Mike Anderson, namely that Jeff Long didn't want him but was forced to hire him.

(I am by no means endorsing Tim Horton; having said that, I LIKE the idea of money and influence controlling things - and I have neither.)

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 24, 2017, 09:05:32 pm

Either they will back down or accept his resignation. My guess is that they will back down and that calls the bluff of the GOBN. Timing will be everything for Jeff.

Some people have been complaining that Jeff hired Petrino. Lol.

They would like for him to resign and not have to fire him. According to Matt Jones, Long is employed until 2022, his original contract automatically rolls over and has every year.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 24, 2017, 09:07:43 pm
It is clear as day right now with the current regime. Why do you think these guys got a dose full to step up now and scream Tim Horton.

I am going to explain it again, some of you guys, I don't know if some are young, obtuse, heads in the sand....you don't understand the power or the politics of how it works up there. Yeah, Jeff tampered it down for a time....they are knocking on the door and I must say, with quite fury....all because the current regime has shown they don't give a rats ass about winning.

Jeez.

PRJ

Again...some of us know.

ricepig

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on October 24, 2017, 09:09:50 pm
They would like for him to resign and not have to fire him. According to Matt Jones, Long is employed until 2022, his original contract automatically rolls over and has every year.

Would like for Long to resign?

They being the BoT? Or the GOBN?

Hmmmm.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 24, 2017, 09:12:16 pm
Would like for Long to resign?

Hmmmm.

Yep, if fired for convience, according to the memorandum he signed in 2012, we owe him $1m/year, or so I've recently read.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 24, 2017, 09:05:32 pm

Don't underestimate the GOBN. Jeffie has pissed a lot of us off.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 24, 2017, 09:04:54 pm
We know what you are trying to say...we aren't as dense as Wilson claims.
You keep making the same case over & over.

And I will keep making the same case....over and over until somebody up there with equal amount sense and balls takes the damn ball and takes charge.

Jeff with his Bret needs more time BS. If he is forced to fire Bret and then allowed to play with a yo-yo over in the corner by himself, he will Trot out a Leslie Miles.

Let some dudes with more coin than brains and you get Tim Horton or Gus Malzhan....

History cannot repeat itself this time. And it pisses me off that we are a laughing stock. That we are considered 8th in potential. That we are expected to know our role. I don't care what Frank said, what Finebaum thinks and says or how many times HigSanity tells me we can't recruit. It is all BS if you get the right guy who says BS to this whole mess, says I am gonna win to spite these joker's and begins to kick somebody's ass....

End it. We ain't a sister of the Poor's, we ain't a stepsister, we ain't a ugly duckling and we ain't 8th in some damn potentional. We are by God the University of Arkansas fightin Razorbacks and this BS needs to end.

Damn.

PRJ

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 24, 2017, 09:14:27 pm

Don't underestimate the GOBN. Long has pissed a lot of us off.

"they" can, and will, clip his wings until he has zero power....if necessary.

porkrindjimmy

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 24, 2017, 09:15:28 pm
And I will keep making the same case....over and over until somebody up there with equal amount sense and balls takes the damn ball and takes charge.

Jeff with his Bret needs more time BS. If he is forced to fire Bret and then allowed to play with a yo-yo over in the corner by himself, he will Trot out a Leslie Miles.

Let some dudes with more coin than brains and you get Tim Horton or Gus Malzhan....

History cannot repeat itself this time. And it pisses me off that we are a laughing stock. That we are considered 8th in potential. That we are expected to know our role. I don't care what Frank said, what Finebaum thinks and says or how many times HigSanity tells me we can't recruit. It is all BS if you get the right guy who says BS to this whole mess, says I am gonna win to spite these joker's and begins to kick somebody's ass....

End it. We ain't a sister of the Poor's, we ain't a stepsister, we ain't a ugly duckling and we ain't 8th in some damn potentional. We are by God the University of Arkansas fightin Razorbacks and this BS needs to end.

Damn.

PRJ

Don't be dense..."I" hear what you are saying. Geez.
Damn.

(notOM)Rebel123

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: pigskenG on October 24, 2017, 09:08:38 pm
(1)  can get every kid in Arkansas that they want
(2)  can recruit well in OK, TX, LA, TN, MO, GA , and I don't mean one 3* player every two years.
(3)  recruit size, speed, and attitude for the position.  (no 5'10 200 lb LB's for example)
(4)  but, we don't need trouble makers, and make sure they understand they will go to class.
(5)  hopefully we won't be in the hurry up spread offense all the time, sorry but I just don't like it. Id rather watch GaTech   
     After this list has been met, show me a list of names then.

(4) while we don't need a team of thugs....you gonna have to have some dudes who might Rob a slim chickens on Wednesday but on Saturday strap up and headhunt. You just have to have the right coach who can tame the Robbin.

You got to have a few dangerous ones scattered amongst the good herd.

PRJ

Justagp

I will repeat what WilsonHog said with a twist.  The powers that were, enjoyed the pecking order until their wings were clipped.  Tim Horton would likely be their best route to regaining that power and control.  Please look at how we usually hire head coaches in football.  And then wonder why we have such trouble finding one who isn't greatly flawed.  These Guys are hired based more on their ability to be owing to someone important than they are to be hired for their ability to coach football.    Until that completely changes, our gaining a good coach is outhouse luck at best.

And, Tim Horton likely has a better chance of being the next HC than two thirds of the potential applicants being mentioned on Hogvlle.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on October 24, 2017, 09:44:24 pm
And, Tim Horton likely has a better chance of being the next HC than two thirds of the potential applicants being mentioned on Hogvlle.

Uh, no.