Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How much do we beat Auburn by in game 1?

Started by Killean, July 02, 2014, 06:25:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What's our margin of victory?

1-3
43 (16.4%)
4-7
103 (39.3%)
8-14
54 (20.6%)
15+
36 (13.7%)
I'm an Auburn Fan
26 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 260

Hawginj

Quote from: OTTER on July 03, 2014, 12:03:40 pm
That's ok, I wouldn't want to beat them worse than 50.  Don't wanna shame Gus, just beat him.

Exactly, no sense in rubbing it in. Go Hogs!

Big Poppa Z

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on July 03, 2014, 01:41:13 pm
We beat them by -21

-17, in my opinion.

We'll keep it reasonably close then lack of defensive depth and offensive studs (passing game) will undo us.

DAG

July 03, 2014, 03:24:54 pm #52 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:01:32 pm by DAG
Quote from: Mike_e on July 03, 2014, 07:10:57 am
If they can't convince their defensive players to stay out of trouble they may not have a defense their first game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11147844/jonathon-mincy-auburn-arrested-charged-marijuana-possession

"Auburn cornerback Jonathon Mincy was arrested and charged with second-degree marijuana possession on Friday.

Mincy was a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over in Abbeville, Alabama, for allegedly speeding prior to the arrest, according to a member of the Henry County Sheriff's Office, who was not authorized to provide any further details.

"It was a routine stop on 431 near Great Southern Wood in Abbeville of a car doing 92 in a 65," Henry County Sheriff William Maddox told The Dothan Eagle. "The officer went to the car and smelled marijuana. There were two males and two females in the car and one of the males had shake all over his shirt sitting in the car in the back and there was a bag of marijuana near him. That person happened to be Jonathon Mincy of the Auburn football team.""

You are so right. 1 player gets in trouble and we won't be able to field a defense, all of a sudden. A cornerback at that, against a team who was 118th in total passing yards last year. Yep, no way Auburn fills in another CB.

chitwnhog

IF we beat Auburn it will be a nail biter.

Phil D

GO HOGS!!!!!!

jesterzzn

Does Fred Talley have any eligibility left?

Arkfan

Wow.

Vegas has the Hogs +20 something and some of you honestly believe they'll win outright by as much as 20.

Augustus

Quote from: Arkfan on July 03, 2014, 05:45:23 pm
Wow.

Vegas has the Hogs +20 something and some of you honestly believe they'll win outright by as much as 20.

I'm sure that will change, but that's probably not an unreasonable starting point.

LZH

I really should read these things better before I post.......

"How much do we beat Auburn by in game 1?"  How much do WE beat THEM by?

three hog night

The game is at AU.  If we are competitive through the 4th quarter in a close loss, then I think most fans would see improvement over last year.  The Gus offense takes time to get rhythm, so the first 2-3 games are shaky for them.  Our Lines are both fairly equal, so it comes down to the back 7 on each defense.  We have a new def scheme.  We have a QB that will be healthy and able to throw more than 10 yards.   Our offense was a shell of its self last year with an injured QB that could not throw med and long routes.   The defenses walked up the safeties for run support because they were not needed for help on the corners.   Our run game still had success when everyone knew what we were going to do.   The safeties won't be able to play run support this year.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on July 05, 2014, 09:52:05 am
I really should read these things better before I post.......

"How much do we beat Auburn by in game 1?"  How much do WE beat THEM by?

Ok now that you have shown you know the question - what is your prediction?  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

murthage

A friend, who is an Alabama grad, and I were discussing my prediction that Arkansas will surprise many of the "experts" and beat Auburn...... when he advised me that he is a personal friend of Gus, and had asked him how his offense will be this year with the loss of his premier running back.  Gus' purported answer was, "Our offense this year will be 10 seconds faster". (Paraphrased)

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 05, 2014, 10:14:49 am
Ok now that you have shown you know the question - what is your prediction?  ;D

I predict that it won't be close....it may even get quite ugly.

But........but, if we don't turn the ball over and can keep our missed tackles to a bare minimum, who knows.  If we play the best game of Beliema's tenure - and if Auburn is more interested in looking cool for the TV cameras than executing their offense - anything could happen.

Mike_e

Quote from: DAG on July 03, 2014, 03:24:54 pm
You are so right. 1 player gets in trouble and we won't be able to field a defense, all of a sudden. A cornerback at that, against a team who was 118th in total passing yards last year. Yep, no way Auburn fills in another CB.

The search button has gone missing so I can't point out the other threads but there have been several d players for the tiggers in trouble this summer.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

JansterZ71

Quote from: Mike_e on July 05, 2014, 11:13:38 am
The search button has gone missing so I can't point out the other threads but there have been several d players for the tiggers in trouble this summer.
In trouble?  No, only one weed arrest.  One of Auburn DE's is injured and had surgery.  Maybe you are thinking of that? 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Mike_e

Quote from: JansterZ71 on July 05, 2014, 11:34:58 am
In trouble?  No, only one weed arrest.  One of Auburn DE's is injured and had surgery.  Maybe you are thinking of that?

Maybe, au is only a passing interest but it seems as though there were others.  idk
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

razorbackkid

I just pointed my mouse in the general direction of the poll answers and closed my eyes and clicked.

We could beat Auburn on a blocked extra point kick to end the game and I'd be happy.....may be dead of an heart attack though.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

ChitownHawg

July 05, 2014, 12:25:07 pm #67 Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:30:29 am by ChitownHawg
Quote from: LZH on July 05, 2014, 11:04:38 am
I predict that it won't be close....it may even get quite ugly.

But........but, if we don't turn the ball over and can keep our missed tackles to a bare minimum, who knows.  If we play the best game of Beliema's tenure - and if Auburn is more interested in looking cool for the TV cameras than executing their offense - anything could happen.

Thanks for joining me on the fence. The railings are a bit uncomfortable for my skinny butt!  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

870hogfan

If Arkansas does win it would be epic to see how the Auburn trolls meltdown...

1highhog

We lose this game this year guys, big shocker I know.  Next year we take Auburn in Fayetteville and start getting back to our winning ways against the Tigers.

BENTON PIGGEE

How many seconds after the game is over does killean claim he was being sarcastic?

MrThunderhog

This game could get out of hand quickly. If Saint Gus doesn't call the dogs off this could get ugly. They have too much talent and scheme better than us.
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Auburn will win but it could be a struggle for them because.....
1) coach will throw everything he has at auburn. He will have our team prepared.
2) auburn usually doesn't start off well. They needed a miracle against Utah state.
3) we were able to run the ball all over auburn last year with our same two backs.
4) we usually play well at auburn.

1highhog

Quote from: MrThunderhog on July 05, 2014, 01:52:15 pm

This game could get out of hand quickly. If Saint Gus doesn't call the dogs off this could get ugly. They have too much talent and scheme better than us.

Gus won't be calling the dogs off, he didn't do it last year despite what some think.  Gus wants to win this game by as many points as he can.  I don't see this game as being a laugher for Auburn, but I don't see us winning either.  I look for some serious payback against Aubbie next year in Fayetteville, I hope we tear Auburn a new -$$hole.

The Kig

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 03, 2014, 11:03:04 amThe Hogville meltdown comes when we lose in LR to a Georgia team that we should beat.

Wha?????  I wanna beat Gawga too, but "should" is more than a substantial stretch.
Poker Porker

Killean

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on July 05, 2014, 01:40:18 pm
How many seconds after the game is over does killean claim he was being sarcastic?

Auburn has the most overrated coach in the history of college football.  Their team is an 8-4 team and if luck evens out might even struggle to make a bowl.  Hell, when Gus loses to Arkansas, which he does FAR more often than not, his teams tank the rest of the way.

Their defense will be worse.  Their offense will likely be worse.  We will be better in most phases of the game with the exception of kicking.  Last year's game was close, closer than the Malzahnistas care to admit. 

On a neutral field or a home field I'd guarantee a win against the toothless tigers.  At Auburn, we'll either win or I guarantee most people here will be posting about the blatant screwing we got.

Seriously, point out where you think that Auburn will be better.  They lost their best running back, the one that made the offense hum and they lost their best offensive lineman.  Their quarterback is a running back with half the arm that McFadden had.

Nick Marshall had more rushing attempts than passing attempts in 4 out of the last 6 Auburn Tigers games.  For the entire SEASON he had 239 passing attempts to 172 rushing attempts.

As rough as our secondary might be, our rushing defense is going to do quite well.  Auburn just does not match up with us well.  We're a power team, they're a finesse team without the offensive ability to do well against teams they can't line up against and run right over.  That has ALWAYS been a problem with Gus's teams.  His offenses look great... provided his team has more talent than the teams he's facing.  Despite the recruiting ranking differences.. Auburn isn't more talented than Arkansas.  We're a lot better on the defensive line and in the backfield than they are.

You don't even have to stop the Auburn rushing attack, if you merely slow it down they'll flounder.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Killean

Last year, Auburn was 6-1 in games decided by 8 points or less (1 score).  In 2012 they were 1-3.

That tends to go around .500 over time.   Auburn's luck was more spectacular than most last season.

Auburn will most likely lose to LSU and Alabama.  They have a real good shot of losing to South Carolina and Georgia.

Give them a loss to us and a hangover loss @Kansas State.. and well, it could get damn interesting to see how much their season tanks.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on July 05, 2014, 01:40:18 pm

So, like, a million seconds?

trublu4au

Quote from: 1highhog on July 05, 2014, 03:13:01 pm
Gus won't be calling the dogs off, he didn't do it last year despite what some think.  Gus wants to win this game by as many points as he can.  I don't see this game as being a laugher for Auburn, but I don't see us winning either.  I look for some serious payback against Aubbie next year in Fayetteville, I hope we tear Auburn a new -$$hole.

No, He did do just that despite your revisionist memory. If you recall
Auburn got the ball  on the 49 yard line with about 3:30 left. EASILY enough time to score again and run the score up. Auburn simply handed the ball up the middle with 1 screen pass behind the line. Gus was content to run clock down to just over minute left then punted. If Gus wanted to run that score up he certainly could have with over 3 minutes to go at midfield. He chose not to. Instead Gus took off his headset and was content to get out of there with a solid win. But that's not all. After the punt Arkansas got the ball back with just over a minute left then fumbled deep in your own territory. Auburn once again was deep in your territory with ample time to score. A field goal was easy pickings here or heck even several shots at the endzone. Did Gus run up the score? Nope. Auburn ran the clock out instead.

The Kig

From what I have read, Marshall is actually throwing the ball quite well now. 

Agreed, their defense may not be as good as last year.  But their offense can be quite a bit better if Marshall is able to throw (remember the offense under Cam).  Last year teams KNEW what they were going to do and still couldn't stop them. 

Not a Gus Bus guy, but I recognize that Barn has recruited well and the offense is effective, despite the naysayers.  Hopefully, they will not be able to stop our offense and we can control the clock and find a way to outscore them.

Poker Porker

DAG

Quote from: Mike_e on July 05, 2014, 11:39:05 am
Maybe, au is only a passing interest but it seems as though there were others.  idk

You are probably thinking of Kalvarez Bessent, a four star recruit, who originally was taken into custody because he was the passenger of a car where a gun and weed was confiscated. Those charges were dropped though. That is the only other issue I can think of. Wishful thinking from your part, I bet.

1highhog

Quote from: trublu4au on July 05, 2014, 04:37:23 pm
No, He did do just that despite your revisionist memory. If you recall
Auburn got the ball  on the 49 yard line with about 3:30 left. EASILY enough time to score again and run the score up. Auburn simply handed the ball up the middle with 1 screen pass behind the line. Gus was content to run clock down to just over minute left then punted. If Gus wanted to run that score up he certainly could have with over 3 minutes to go at midfield. He chose not to. Instead Gus took off his headset and was content to get out of there with a solid win. But that's not all. After the punt Arkansas got the ball back with just over a minute left then fumbled deep in your own territory. Auburn once again was deep in your territory with ample time to score. A field goal was easy pickings here or heck even several shots at the endzone. Did Gus run up the score? Nope. Auburn ran the clock out instead.

Gus ran it up until he was content he could get out with a win, Arkansas had the momentum and he didn't want to take the chance of fumbling was why he went conservative, not because he didn't want to score more.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 05, 2014, 12:25:07 pm
Thanks for joining me on the fence. The railings are a nit uncomfortable for my skinny butt!  ;D

I'll share mine with ya.  It's a two-seater with a padded foot rest and an ice chest in between.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 05, 2014, 03:06:12 pm
Auburn will win but it could be a struggle for them because.....
1) coach will throw everything he has at auburn. He will have our team prepared.
- CBB threw everything at Auburn last season
2) auburn usually doesn't start off well. They needed a miracle against Utah state.
-2nd year in their system with a returning QB.  I think you mean Mike Leach's Wash St. 
3) we were able to run the ball all over auburn last year with our same two backs.
-They lost that slow white guy that played LB.  Don't know if that means anything.
4) we usually play well at auburn.
-How many times has CBB played at Auburn?  Saying "we always" do something is false logic.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 05, 2014, 08:34:10 pm

The year after Auburn won the national title they barely beat Utah state in their opening game. Mike Leach's team wasn't even that good last year and probably should have beaten Auburn as well.

Coach B has never played at Auburn but I am going by ARKANSAS  history not BB history. Houston Nutt's teams always played well at Auburn as did Petrino's teams. One of our worst teams ever and probably the worst coached team ever at Arkansas was able to win at Auburn in 2012.

We did throw everything at Auburn last year and played admirably against the SEC champion. We are a year older, wiser and hopefully we will be healthy for the opening game.

Not saying we will win. We probably won't win. Auburn has better players than we do....but we will make them sweat.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

tusksincolorado

July 06, 2014, 08:00:27 am #87 Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:23:47 am by tusksincolorado
Quote from: JansterZ71 on July 02, 2014, 10:34:17 pm
Not as good as the meltdown on hogville if Auburn wins.  It's going to be fun to watch this site win or lose

You are so full of it!

If Arkansas beats your precious Gus and the plainsman, all of the dreams of a National Championship will be flushed down the sewer.

Better yet, the game film will become one piece of the foundation for SEC defensive coaches to dissect the Malzahn Single Wing Option.

Yea...you will have a lot to worry about.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

DAG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 05, 2014, 08:42:45 pm
The year after Auburn won the national title they barely beat Utah state in their opening game. Mike Leach's team wasn't even that good last year and probably should have beaten Auburn as well.

Coach B has never played at Auburn but I am going by ARKANSAS  history not BB history. Houston Nutt's teams always played well at Auburn as did Petrino's teams. One of our worst teams ever and probably the worst coached team ever at Arkansas was able to win at Auburn in 2012.

We did throw everything at Auburn last year and played admirably against the SEC champion. We are a year older, wiser and hopefully we will be healthy for the opening game.

Not saying we will win. We probably won't win. Auburn has better players than we do....but we will make them sweat.

Yet, they went to a bowl game and Arkansas was where, again?  All of this humph that you start of with to put AU down and then you back track hahaha Where is your faith? Put your money where your mouth is.

DAG

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 08:00:27 am
You are so full of it!

If Arkansas beats your precious Gus and the plainsman, all of the dreams of a National Championship will be flushed down the sewer.

Better yet, the game film will become one piece of the foundation for SEC defensive coaches to dissect the Malzahn Single Wing Option.

Yea...you will have a lot to worry about.

Haha, I am glad you see AU has having a potential chance of making a NC, as oppose to the hogs dream of winning a SEC game.

tusksincolorado

July 06, 2014, 08:30:30 am #90 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:37:41 am by tusksincolorado
Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 03, 2014, 12:15:06 pm
How do we have 13 Auburn fans on here?

You mean 18....

They're lost....

Now it's 20...poor lost little Barners.

hog911

A better question would be, how much does the atheletic department drop by again this year? Or how much of a raise will Jeff Long think he's entitled too?

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: JansterZ71 on July 02, 2014, 10:34:17 pm
Not as good as the meltdown on hogville if Auburn wins.  It's going to be fun to watch this site win or lose

I see his point. I would love for us to beat Auburn. But the fans who are expecting 7+ wins this year are likely going to be the same ones calling for Bret's head when we don't do as well as they were expecting. If we win, this place goes crazy. If we lose badly, some of the posters on here will go crazy. They will also go crazy if we don't win at least 6 games which I see as improbable at best.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on July 06, 2014, 09:58:45 am
I see his point. I would love for us to beat Auburn. But the fans who are expecting 7+ wins this year are likely going to be the same ones calling for Bret's head when we don't do as well as they were expecting. If we win, this place goes crazy. If we lose badly, some of the posters on here will go crazy. They will also go crazy if we don't win at least 6 games which I see as improbable at best.

The Auburn game isn't the "make or break" for Arkansas for the season. It would be great if we won, but it has nothing to do with how we end the season. Folks need to keep level heads. Even if we beat Auburn (and I think it is possible that we will have our chances), that isn't going to be a benchmark for the season. We are still weak in certain areas and are not ready to compete at the highest levels of the SEC, not yet. It would be nice to win, but win or lose it won't determine how our total season will turn out.
Go Hogs Go!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DAG on July 06, 2014, 08:28:12 am
Haha, I am glad you see AU has having a potential chance of making a NC, as oppose to the hogs dream of winning a SEC game.

That's what the minions are trumpeting from the West Georgia Plains.

Maybe you need to spend more time over there....than over here?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 06, 2014, 10:06:07 am
The Auburn game isn't the "make or break" for Arkansas for the season. It would be great if we won, but it has nothing to do with how we end the season. Folks need to keep level heads. Even if we beat Auburn (and I think it is possible that we will have our chances), that isn't going to be a benchmark for the season. We are still weak in certain areas and are not ready to compete at the highest levels of the SEC, not yet. It would be nice to win, but win or lose it won't determine how our total season will turn out.

So true....but the infestation that has currently infected Hogville is ridiculous.

chitwnhog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 10:09:03 am
That's what the minions are trumpeting from the West Georgia Plains.

Maybe you need to spend more time over there....than over here?

Nah...their boards suck. For whatever reason the Auburn trolls infest Hogville whenever they are having or have had a good year. Didn't hear much from em in 2012...wonder why?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hog911 on July 06, 2014, 08:37:13 am
A better question would be, how much does the atheletic department drop by again this year? Or how much of a raise will Jeff Long think he's entitled too?

The bandwagon fans have about disappeared. So donations will level out to pre-BP levels. When we dig ourselves out of this current predicament we will see the coffers swell with the resurgence of so-called fans clamoring to jump back on-board. 

Right now I just sit back and watch the possible reemerging raise of Razorback Football.   

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hog911 on July 06, 2014, 08:37:13 am

Pretty negative point of view my friend, almost as if you hope that this occurs. How can any true fan of the Hogs not hope for the best for them?
Go Hogs Go!

chitwnhog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2014, 10:25:41 am
The bandwagon fans have about disappeared. So donations will level out to pre-BP levels. When we dig ourselves out of this current predicament we will see the coffers swell with the resurgence of so-called fans clamoring to jump back on-board. 

Right now I just sit back and watch the possible reemerging raise of Razorback Football.   

And we just paid out lots o money in construction cost. Oh and much like with my job Jeff Long didn't give himself a raise, his superiors believed he deserved a raise.