Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies

Started by Snort and Squeal, January 22, 2006, 10:02:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snort and Squeal

January 22, 2006, 10:02:23 pm Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 10:04:05 pm by Snort and Squeal
This receipt is awesome and easy:

One Package of Little Smokies (Wieners)
One Package of Bacon (Your Choice on Brand) :) :)
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
Fresh Cracked Pepper

Simply cut each piece of bacon into 1/3 and wrap little smokies with one piece.  Put end of wrap down into baking dish.  Repeat until all smokies are wrapped.  Top with fresh cracked pepper and then take brown sugar and sprinkle liberally over bacon wrapped smokies.  Bake at 375 for about 15 - 20 minutes then turn up to about 450 for 5 minutes.  This kind of crisps them up a little. 

You will not be able to put these things down.  Might want to start with a Pepcid or Tagament.... :razorback:

Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

T-hawg

Nice easy recipe and sounds good for a Superbowl party. Thanks Snort.
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

mikeb

Thanks man.........anybody else hungry now ;D

T-hawg

I had some of these this weekend at a work related party. They were VERY good. I will probably make these for the baseball tailgate along with all the other stuff we are bringing.
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

mikeb

These went over real good at the SB Party.....thanks again

Shag66

Oh man  we made these too...  One guy ate a whole plateful of these bad boys...  The brown sugar was just the right kick...

dude

Quote from: Shag66 on February 06, 2006, 12:28:28 pm
Oh man  we made these too...  One guy ate a whole plateful of these bad boys...  The brown sugar was just the right kick...
Ditto!
The only changes we made were jalapeno and cheese little smokies. We also had the brown sugar on the outside of the bacon and ground pepper on the inside.
AWESOME!

Snort and Squeal

Glad everyone has enjoyed them.  Just when you thought something couldn't get any better, dude breaks out the jalapeno and cheese little smokies...  1+ dude

dude

Quote from: Snort and Squeal on January 22, 2006, 10:02:23 pm

1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
Fresh Cracked Pepper

Simply cut each piece of bacon into 1/3 and wrap little smokies with one piece.  Put end of wrap down into baking dish.  Repeat until all smokies are wrapped.  Top with fresh cracked pepper and then take brown sugar and sprinkle liberally over bacon wrapped smokies.  Bake at 375 for about 15 - 20 minutes then turn up to about 450 for 5 minutes.  This kind of crisps them up a little. 

You will not be able to put these things down.  Might want to start with a Pepcid or Tagament.... :razorback:

This is the best party food tip I have ever had!
Mucho Karma headed your way.
THANKS!!!!!

Snort and Squeal

I made these again Thursday for an office party.  I sat them down, went to my office to hang my jacket and log on to my computer (all of about 4 minutes) when I came back they were all gone.  Man was I pissed, especially after smelling them cook all morning long!  I think I am going to try dude's idea with the cheese and jalapeno smokies at home without sharing!

B-Sticks

Where did you get the cheese smokies...I went to Wally World this weekend and couldn't find any ? I have made the others several times and they don't last long !!

GassHogg

Take 2 packages of little smokies, 1 medium bottle of chili sauce and 1 medium jar of grape jelly combine in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Sounds gross. Taste great.

Shag66

Quote from: GassHogg on June 21, 2006, 04:00:17 pm
Take 2 packages of little smokies, 1 medium bottle of chili sauce and 1 medium jar of grape jelly combine in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

I've used grape jelly in my smokies for years.  They are very good done like that.  I usually use BBQ Sauce instead of Chili Sauce though.

Hogward R. Murrow

1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
Fresh Cracked Pepper

I'm trying it right now. I saw the recipe this morning and thought I would make it for myself tonight as the wife and kids are staying at her mom's a couple of days.

Hogward R. Murrow

well, mine don't look to pretty. :(

karma26

Quote from: Shag66 on June 21, 2006, 05:46:48 pm
Quote from: GassHogg on June 21, 2006, 04:00:17 pm

I've used grape jelly in my smokies for years.  They are very good done like that.  I usually use BBQ Sauce instead of Chili Sauce though.

It does sound gross but it's actually yummy. We've always used grape jelly on our smokies. Every family event there is a crockpot full of em....

karma26

Quote from: Hogward R. Murrow on June 22, 2006, 07:09:56 pm

Sometimes that's when food tastes the best.   :)

Hogward R. Murrow

Quote from: karma27 on June 22, 2006, 08:28:22 pm

Sometimes that's when food tastes the best.   :)

I need to see something to learn how to do it. I have never been a good recipe cook. My bacon wasn't crispy enough. It was pretty good, the sugar actually gave it a good taste.  I then tried to put some cheddar on them, but it didn't go well with the sugar.  How do you get the bacon more crispy?

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: Hogward R. Murrow on June 22, 2006, 08:33:17 pm
Quote from: karma27 on June 22, 2006, 08:28:22 pm

Sometimes that's when food tastes the best.   :)

I need to see something to learn how to do it. I have never been a good recipe cook. My bacon wasn't crispy enough. It was pretty good, the sugar actually gave it a good taste.  I then tried to put some cheddar on them, but it didn't go well with the sugar.  How do you get the bacon more crispy?

I use the thin bacon for this and this only....  Otherwise, the fatter the bacon the better.  Turning it up to 450 for the last little bit usually will crisp it up but you can also put your pan on the lowest shelf in the oven and turn on the broiler.  Keep a close eye on them however or the brown sugar will cause them to burn if it is left in there too long.

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigPusher

September 01, 2006, 01:52:09 am #20 Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 10:09:54 am by PigPusher
A variation on that is using canned crescent rolls (cut lengthwise) the little smokies and bacon. Lay the halved crescent roll piece out and sprinkle on salad type real bacon bits and cheese.  Roll up around smokie and bake at 350 until brown.  You will not be able to eat just one.  Having them Saturday night at my sister's house.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Shag66

Another tip!

Use Peppered Bacon.  It adds to the zip.  I gotta find some Jalepeno Smokies to do this with.  Anyone know where to get them in NWA?

Hog Duk Dong

Ok. I made these for the game on Sat.  they tasted very good.  however i had to have done something wrong cause about everyother one the bacon had broken off during the cooking and no longer completely wrapped around the smokie any more..

what did i do wrong?  

(note....do NOT use a flat cookie sheet if you use alot of brown sugar. it will melt and drip into the bottom of the stove.  it took hours to get all the smoke out!!!! not to mention the cleaning)

*I should mention i am a novice at best at cooking!*
No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food.

Immensehog

Loved this recipe-used it last saturday.

Added  a dash of cayenne-perfect.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Immensehog

Quote from: ElectroHawg on September 06, 2006, 08:07:17 pm
Ok. I made these for the game on Sat.  they tasted very good.  however i had to have done something wrong cause about everyother one the bacon had broken off during the cooking and no longer completely wrapped around the smokie any more..

what did i do wrong?  

(note....do NOT use a flat cookie sheet if you use alot of brown sugar. it will melt and drip into the bottom of the stove.  it took hours to get all the smoke out!!!! not to mention the cleaning)

Let the bacon slack out and get a tad warm before wrapping smokies.  It gets tacky and sticks to itself.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Snort and Squeal

what did i do wrong?  

Could be the way you wrapped them.  Make sure that you put the ends of the bacon on the down side of the sausage. 

Yeah, a flat cookie sheet would not be recommended..... I thought that would be a given.  Probably want some sides on that thing cause those little smokies and the bacon are about 75% fat, which means they are going to produce some liquid run off.

Hog Duk Dong

Quote from: Immensehog on September 06, 2006, 10:20:04 pm

what did i do wrong?  

Let the bacon slack out and get a tad warm before wrapping smokies.  It gets tacky and sticks to itself.

That sounds like a great Idea.  i will definetely try that next time!

Quote from: Snort and Squeal on September 06, 2006, 10:24:43 pm

what did i do wrong?  

Could be the way you wrapped them.  Make sure that you put the ends of the bacon on the down side of the sausage. 

Yeah, a flat cookie sheet would not be recommended..... I thought that would be a given.  Probably want some sides on that thing cause those little smokies and the bacon are about 75% fat, which means they are going to produce some liquid run off.

The ends were down, it seems the bacon broke on the top side of the smokie.. maybe I wrapped it a bit to tight?  oh well they were still great....  I will try again soon. 
No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food.

Shag66

Quote from: Immensehog on September 06, 2006, 10:18:59 pm
Loved this recipe-used it last saturday.

Added  a dash of cayenne-perfect.

Cayenne on top?  over the Brown Sugar?  hmmmm...

dhornjr1

PigPusher

1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
Fresh Cracked Pepper

You do not exaggerate.  Those are outstanding.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Filthy_McSwine

You will not be able to put these things down.  Might want to start with a Pepcid Lipitor or Tagament Zocor.... :razorback:

fixt.

Sounds good, tho...

Old Tusk

Quote from: Filthy_McSwine on December 23, 2010, 01:23:46 pm
fixt.

Sounds good, tho...

Once again solid proof that anything wrapped in bacon is very good. But, you will be able to hear your arteries slam shut. I'm jealous since bacon is off my food list right now.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Pulled(PP)pork

I made these friday night, well received.  I'm thinking of adding honey mustard dipping sauce or a light coating of sweet bbq sauce.

PP

BR

I made these Christmas eve, did the BBQ drizzel over them the last 10 mins in the smoker with bacon wrapped scallops...  THEY were great..

DeltaBoy

Snort and Squeal

Yeah this is probably one of my greatest accomplishments...

BR

Does anyone have any new twist in the way they make these?

DeltaBoy

1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
Fresh Cracked Pepper

Made these for a Sunday School Fellowship and I didn't get any leftovers.

Boog41

Quote from: BR on January 11, 2014, 10:25:27 am

BR, try three small packs of little smokies in a crock pot on low temp.

Put in one cup each of Jack Daniels (or your other favorite),
one cup of brown sugar and
one cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.

Let it heat for several hours till the smokies start to change their shape and shrink up.

Enjoy!

pigture perfect

Quote from: BR on January 11, 2014, 10:25:27 am
hollow out large Jalepeno's stuff with smokies and bacon wrap
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Boog41

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 05, 2014, 03:53:59 pm
hollow out large Jalepeno's stuff with smokies and bacon wrap

That sounds really tasty.... I've done the bacon wrapped japs stuffed with cheese before, but hadn't thought of smokies....thanks.

pigture perfect

I do have to keep some Maalox around. It didnt use to bother me, but the older I get.......
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Boog41

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 05, 2014, 04:32:10 pm
I do have to keep some Maalox around. It didnt use to bother me, but the older I get.......

I'll try Maalox after eating the jalapenos next time. Think that will help me be able to sit down the next day?? :)

DeltaBoy

I use Tums now days if I eat spicy stuff after 4 pm on any given day.

jhippy

DeltaBoy