Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As a Bielema fan, 100% behind him, I will concede this to those who are not.

Started by JIHawg, February 17, 2014, 03:13:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

When Brandon Mitchell left, there went our #2 QB that had any experience at all.  We would have won 3 more games if Allen wouldn't have gotten hurt, we were close, and us course miles away in others.  But 3 more wins would have went along way in helping this teams feeling going into LSU, a game they had won, which would have gave us 7 wins.  Like I said, coulda, woulda, shoulda, but that's how close this team came to winning 7.

bigbadhog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 27, 2014, 08:10:40 am
Our fan base is not fractured.  There are, at any given point in time, about 10 Hogville posters that do nothing but go from thread to thread taking the completely antagonistic viewpoint.  It gives it that "feel."  Some are plants, because they have low post counts, know history from the board, and proceed to jump from thread to thread taking the negative side, and driving traffic.  Then when they are pinned down, they disappear...poof.  I could name 10 of them from just the last year that have come and gone.  As a regular poster, that type of thing has almost driven me from the board a few times, because you start to feel like you're not even involved in a rational discussion with a person exhibiting an honest opinion.   

You'll always have the regulars who like to incite others, and see everything as "glass half empty."  You see those every day in life.  They're the guys who predict failure so that they never have to aspire to something bigger and let down their fragile egos.  They stay in their comfort zone, and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy...they just don't see it. 

I look at it like this.  If you've worked long enough, you know that there is ALWAYS a person or two who does nothing but complain about their boss/bosses.  "I do my work, keep to myself, and never get promoted.  I'm not appreciated around here."  Well...did you go to your superiors and specifically ask what you need to do to be better positioned for moving up?  Did you ask them for some things that you might be able to do to differently that would put you in a better light?  Is there a special project or something you can work on that will help prove your commitment?  Instead, they LIVE to hate on the people in charge, and they NEVER change.  It never occurs to them that if they make THAT person's life more enjoyable and manageable, it will reflect well on them.  Instead, they do the exact opposite. 

If you boil it down, there are about 7-10 regular posters who go from thread to thread spreading the antagonistic viewpoint.  That is far from any indication of a fractured fan base.  The rational fans that I know away from Hogville know we're two years away from knowing what BB is capable of, they're concerned that he may be in over his head, but they know that any change before then would be twice as detrimental to the program from a reputation standpoint than any W and L total he may accrue.

Those typical antagonists will say I am an ostrich poster, wear red colored glasses, and that the as long as BB is here the glass will never be half full.  Part of being a fan...is that you have to have some level of investment, which requires some faith.  If EVERY person in RRS on Saturdays was there because they thought we could win the NC, then the sucker would be empty.  But..it's not, because enough people enjoy the pursuit of greatness enough to get behind the program, the kids, and invest some faith in it. 

Entropy, just like gravity, works.  It's MUCH easier to tear things down, than it is to build them up.  BP showed us that.  Four years to build something up...one afternoon to tear it all down.     

Gosh, I am a poster since 2006 or 2007, think we have a very fractured fan base and also think posters have been planted on HV to promote a certain agenda.  What we won't agree on is where the planted posters come from...  BBH
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

porkrindjimmy

LZH

dwshog

I think when CBB got here, he looked around and thought this team wasn't as bad as the media was predicting. This team would have been competitive in the BIG 10. He also had a few in game blunders with his decision making. He seems to be a pretty solid football coach so hopefully he can make the proper adjustments it takes to win in the SEC. Overall according to the recruiting services he seems to be a better recruiter than Petrino. Time will tell if he is as good of an evaluator of talent. I have a hard time believing if Petrino was the coach the past two years we would have been 3-9 last year. I think Allen would have been better with two more years of coaching under him. With that said, it's unfair to base CBB coaching ability based solely on last year. Once he has his system and players in place, we all should have a better idea of what to expect from him. I'm honestly on the fence about if he will be successful here. I think it could go either way. I'll fully support him for the next 2 years. After that if he hasn't produced, I'll be ready for the next man up! Last thing, to win at Arkansas you are gonna have to win with less. Recruiting can improve, but it will more than likely never be upper echelon SEC!

three hog night

Quote from: dwshog on March 03, 2014, 03:24:51 am
I think when CBB got here, he looked around and thought this team wasn't as bad as the media was predicting. This team would have been competitive in the BIG 10. He also had a few in game blunders with his decision making. He seems to be a pretty solid football coach so hopefully he can make the proper adjustments it takes to win in the SEC. Overall according to the recruiting services he seems to be a better recruiter than Petrino. Time will tell if he is as good of an evaluator of talent. I have a hard time believing if Petrino was the coach the past two years we would have been 3-9 last year. I think Allen would have been better with two more years of coaching under him. With that said, it's unfair to base CBB coaching ability based solely on last year. Once he has his system and players in place, we all should have a better idea of what to expect from him. I'm honestly on the fence about if he will be successful here. I think it could go either way. I'll fully support him for the next 2 years. After that if he hasn't produced, I'll be ready for the next man up! Last thing, to win at Arkansas you are gonna have to win with less. Recruiting can improve, but it will more than likely never be upper echelon SEC!

I wish BP would have had to stick around the last 2 years to coach the "talent" he had left for CBB this past year.   CBP should have done better than smile, but the defense and Oline were going to hurt him as well. 

Last year exposed the lack of recruiting by CBP from 2010 to CBB taking over.  CBP was not signing guys like Skipper, Kirkland, Koehler, etc.   CBP was not signing stud WR's like you would have expected either, so CBB had Wilson and Hatcher to make up for Herndon and Horton...then Wilson got hurt before the season.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.