Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Wilson on front page of Rivals College Football "Stepping In"

Started by Hoggy Bear, January 22, 2011, 04:33:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

jesterzzn

Hawgrox

I don't see the running game having to step up as Low says. Wilson has shown that he can run Petrino's offense and the running game will help him greatly no doubt but he will not have to depend on it. We know the running game will be there....and with Wilson behind center we will be very good.

navyhog24

intoxhog

Quote from: navyhog24 on January 23, 2011, 03:02:40 am
mine is replacing demarcus love and dj williams
I agree, DJ is my main concern. I thought Gregg was going to have a break out year this year, hopefully i was off a year on that prediction. He certainly is going to get more opportunity's this year.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

welchog

jry04

Quote from: jesterzzn on January 23, 2011, 02:34:54 am
Replacing Crim is more of a concern for me.
Why? There are a number of other positions you should be concerned about more than losing Crim. Crim was injured off and on throughout the season. We still have Thomas back there, and Crim didn't make too many big plays late in the season.

I would be more concerned with losing Mallett, Williams, Love, and Leon than I would with Crim.

secfan30

Quote from: intoxhog on January 23, 2011, 03:47:02 am
I agree, DJ is my main concern. I thought Gregg was going to have a break out year this year, hopefully i was off a year on that prediction. He certainly is going to get more opportunity's this year.

With Dj here last year, it was very hard for Gragg to have a true breakout year. All he did though was catch TD's or First downs.

intoxhog

Quote from: secfan30 on January 23, 2011, 10:55:09 am
With Dj here last year, it was very hard for Gragg to have a true breakout year. All he did though was catch TD's or First downs.
He was tearing it up during fall camp two years ago, in fact he looked BETTER than DJ IMHO.

Lanny is right about TW, that is almost a given.

TW reminds me of Josh Heupel, only with more arm strength. 
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

secfan30

Quote from: intoxhog on January 23, 2011, 11:07:00 am
He was tearing it up during fall camp two years ago, in fact he looked BETTER than DJ IMHO.

This next year should be really good for him then.

Hog on the Hill

Gragg had a decent year.  He made some big plays for us, but it's hard to really break out when you have the best TE in the nation, and another senior (5th or 6th year?) ahead of you in the depth chart.

RD

Quote from: welchog on January 23, 2011, 06:45:05 am
TW will make a fine backup to JW.

JW, has a one percent chance of passing Mitchell or Wilson on the depth chart.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

jesterzzn

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 23, 2011, 10:31:49 am
Why?

Cause it seems to me that there are three positions in the SEC that you need studs at to win more than any other.

D-Line
QB
Safety

In that order.  QB is in good hands.  D-Line looks solid.  Safety is half solid half unknown.  I'm just more worried about it than any other position.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogNuttz

Had to be hard for him to have a breakout year with DJ still on the team.  If he can block well or even be an average blocker, he should fit well into the offense with his receiving experience.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

big_ol_meat

Quote from: jesterzzn on January 24, 2011, 01:34:23 am
Cause it seems to me that there are three positions in the SEC that you need studs at to win more than any other.

D-Line
QB
Safety

In that order.  QB is in good hands.  D-Line looks solid.  Safety is half solid half unknown.  I'm just more worried about it than any other position.
The game is won in the trenches.  Everything else takes a back seat. 
To all the virgins, thanks for nothing.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

hawgsav1

Gragg didn't have a bad year this season.  He was backing up the Mackey award winner for goodness sakes.  Naturally he's not going to get as many touches as DJ Williams. 

I am also worried about replacing Crim.  Not because Crim was Eric Berry (though Crim was a good player), but rather because we are a bit thin there.  Elton Ford is a good hitter and is phenomenal in run support, but I'm not so convinced on his coverage ability.

I'm also a bit worried about LB.  We lose Leon, Burton, and Love this year.  Leon was a stud contributor, and Burton and Love provided warm bodies.  Let's hope Moss, Lake, Mitchell, and Williams can step up next year.  Also, I expect some of our recruiting class to come in and make a difference (hopefully).

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb