Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arizona Fall League Championships

Started by flippinhogmana, November 21, 2015, 03:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

I was watching it a little when a fellow stepped to the plate whose mannerisms seemed familiar.  He was in a Detroit uniform and I recognized who it was before they ever showed his name or before I saw the back of his uniform.  Left handed hitter.  Couple of pitches later he ripped an RBI double on a nice authoritative swing-Dominic Ficocello.

I dont know if any other razorbacks are in the game, I know that one or two others were going to fall leagues.  Game is on ch. 152 (Dish) here in Tulsa.  In the fourth inning now.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Dr. Starcs

Flippin, you do know there's football on right?  Lol

flippinhogmana

Fico two for four on the day, double (one rbi) down the right field line, and an infield single.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 21, 2015, 04:14:20 pm
Flippin, you do know there's football on right?  Lol

multi-tasking. I am well aware LSU is getting stomped, but I am also cruising racing too.  Its a shame there's no basketball on that I would be interested in!

pigture perfect

You can never get enough baseball Doc. Come on!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

flippinhogmana

A couple of things on Fico.  He was listed as a 1B for official stats.  He hit .247 with 12 rbis in 73 at bats for his stint in the fall league.  Most of the participants of the league were AAA players, but you did have some lower level players that their parent clubs wanted to fast track.

flippinhogmana

nice article.  Thanks for digging it up. 1+

dotnet

Quote from: flippinhogmana on November 22, 2015, 09:10:28 pm
A couple of things on Fico.  He was listed as a 1B for official stats.  He hit .247 with 12 rbis in 73 at bats for his stint in the fall league.  Most of the participants of the league were AAA players, but you did have some lower level players that their parent clubs wanted to fast track.

It isn't abnormal for AA players to be in the AFL.  So while there are many older players than him... he isn't overly young for the league. 

This next year will be huge for him.  He'll be 24 in AA.  He was basically a 750 OPS hitter as a 1b in AA this year at 23.  Hopefully he can make adjustments and keep improving as he has to this point.  It does seem like he has lessened the Ks a little - which seemed impossible a couple of years ago