Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Eibner

Started by stan the man, November 07, 2015, 10:45:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stan the man

Since Alex Gordon is apparently is'nt going to be resigned and Rios is gone Eibner will no doubt be on the Big League roster next year

pigture perfect

I'm thinking Alex will be back. I would love to see Bret get a shot though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

k.c.hawg

I for one "think" Alex probably will be back. My best guess is the Royals will offer somewhere around 4 for $60m-$65m. He is certainly going to get bigger offers, there are rumors of 5 for $90m -$100m. Alex has made around $45m in his career to date and the extra $25m would be hard to turn down for most. If there is anyone out there I think would turn dow substantial $$$ to stay in a small market, nice place to raise your kids, it would be Alex. He likes being this close to Lincoln and I couldn't see him in Boston, Baltimore or New York. Now Chicago or Houston......maybe so. We'll see.

As much as I appreciate his game, his work ethic, his baseball demeanor, I think it would be a mistake to go more than 4 years and a mistake to go over the $60-$65 number. I actually think they could probably spend the money a little better but when you look at the list of free agents to fill left field you would be hard pressed to find a better option for comparable $$$.

I do think Brett will get his opportunity this year especially if Dyson and Orlando end up in a platoon at one of the corner outfield spots. He has gotten his walks up, strikeouts down, hitting for some power and his defense has never been in question. I've been waiting patiently to see him at Kauffman. Really hoped he'd get a shot on the expanded roster this September but the Royals were less aggressive calling up players in an attempt to have as little change in the clubhouse as possible.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Supermark101

Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 08, 2015, 07:09:50 am

As much as I appreciate his game, his work ethic, his baseball demeanor, I think it would be a mistake to go more than 4 years and a mistake to go over the $60-$65 number. I actually think they could probably spend the money a little better but when you look at the list of free agents to fill left field you would be hard pressed to find a better option for comparable $$$.

No way you go over 4 years, 70 or so million.

There will be bargains to be had this year. Way too many quality players. If Gordan leaves, I'd save the money and try to keep the team together, after next year. Their TV deal is coming up, and with the ratings they draw, a influx of cash could be coming.

kevinagee

I think Brett Eibner ( more Power Avg 303 w/19 home runs) and Reymond Fuentes ( Avg 308 with 29 SB ) are both ready to come up to the bigs. Just a matter of witch will. As I do not see room on the roster for outfielders for both or neither if the Royals end up with the current 2015 outfield roster for 2016.

Omaha also has Moises Sierra,Paulo Orlando,Whit Merrifield in the outfield all with good AAA seasons in 2015

Still allot of good up n coming talent in Omaha and N.W. Arkansas Minor league teams for the Royals. Not sure how it will all play out with the youth of the current roster. I'm sure in time it will come down to money, free agent, contracts, re signing ect on whom you keep and whom you make room for to be filled in the roster by less costing minor league players ready for the big's

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: kevinagee on November 09, 2015, 09:15:28 am
I think Brett Eibner ( more Power Avg 303 w/19 home runs) and Reymond Fuentes ( Avg 308 with 29 SB ) are both ready to come up to the bigs. Just a matter of witch will. As I do not see room on the roster for outfielders for both or neither if the Royals end up with the current 2015 outfield roster for 2016.

Omaha also has Moises Sierra,Paulo Orlando,Whit Merrifield in the outfield all with good AAA seasons in 2015

Still allot of good up n coming talent in Omaha and N.W. Arkansas Minor league teams for the Royals. Not sure how it will all play out with the youth of the current roster. I'm sure in time it will come down to money, free agent, contracts, re signing ect on whom you keep and whom you make room for to be filled in the roster by less costing minor league players ready for the big's

I think they will sign another veteran. Maybe bring Aoki back and platoon him with Orlando.