Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article speculating on where Benintendi plays next year

Started by JHicks3636, October 25, 2015, 11:43:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Obviously the article is written for the newspaper's circulation so I will provide a little background. Portland is Portland, Maine where the Red Sox has its AA affiliate.
http://www.pressherald.com/2015/10/25/benintendi-could-be-on-fast-track-to-fenway/

flippinhogmana

Thanks for your research! 1+ for the effort and sharing.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

89ALUM

jbell96 called this more than six weeks ago:

Quote from: jbell96 on September 10, 2015, 01:05:10 pm
I think Beni will start in Salem, Advanced A ball next year, step above where he finished, but will spend the majority of his time with the AA team in Portland (Maine).

And I agree wholeheartedly.  I think the RedSox will handle him similar to Kris Bryant w/ the Cubs.  Don't want to start the arbitration clock too early, unless you absolutely need him to be in a playoff chase.  They know what they have with Beni and they probably won't be competitive in the AL East.  Toronto is markedly better (if they keep Price and Tulo) and the Yankees are going to be very good as well.  I see Boston as a wildcard competitor but no better in 2016.  Better to develop Beni at AA and maybe give him an August cup of coffee at AAA Pawtucket.  Just my opinion.   8)
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she