Fall World Series Game 3 Updates

Started by bulldog04, October 10, 2015, 01:25:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

These updates are via Twitter and there's not much

bulldog04

White team went up 4-0 with Pennel hitting a bases clearing double in the 3rd

bulldog04

Arledge hits a solo HR to make it 5-0.  I think he's going to be a good one.

bulldog04

Benninghoff has his 2nd hit and makes it 5-2

flippinhogmana

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 10, 2015, 01:28:01 pm
Benninghoff has his 2nd hit and makes it 5-2

Good man, BD, 1+ for the info.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 10, 2015, 01:27:07 pm
Arledge hits a solo HR to make it 5-0.  I think he's going to be a good one.

I dont disagree but today you have him playing the 8 slot (same as Benninghoff), you are likely to have Eagan at least for one more year in the OF position, as well as Bonfield.  Shaddy will play left unless he can handle 3rd which I hope, other wise he would look for either DH or OF.  Spanberger looks like he can both hit and field well enough to man the 1st base slot, So if Gassaway is going to play he is probably going to be DH.  That doesnt account for Simms.  It looks like unless his bat can overcome those I have mentioned, he is apt to be playing behind someone at least for one more year.  If he is patient one, maybe two positions will open up after next year though.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

bulldog04

Quote from: flippinhogmana on October 10, 2015, 02:07:21 pm
I dont disagree but today you have him playing the 8 slot (same as Benninghoff), you are likely to have Eagan at least for one more year in the OF position, as well as Bonfield.  Shaddy will play left unless he can handle 3rd which I hope, other wise he would look for either DH or OF.  Spanberger looks like he can both hit and field well enough to man the 1st base slot, So if Gassaway is going to play he is probably going to be DH.  That doesnt account for Simms.  It looks like unless his bat can overcome those I have mentioned, he is apt to be playing behind someone at least for one more year.  If he is patient one, maybe two positions will open up after next year though.
I meant when he gets a chance to play.  It's seems every game thread during the fall his name is being mentioned.

bulldog04

White team won 5-4 and the Red team leads the series 2-1.  Game 4 tomorrow at 3

Scott7703

Appears we have a deep group that all play the same spots (1st & OF).

One of you guys who have been to the games mind giving a quick rundown on skill sets for Arledge, Catron,  and any of the other new comers I would greatly appreciate it.

bulldog04

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 10, 2015, 03:07:13 pm
Appears we have a deep group that all play the same spots (1st & OF).

One of you guys who have been to the games mind giving a quick rundown on skill sets for Arledge, Catron,  and any of the other new comers I would greatly appreciate it.
I haven't been to any games but last year Arledge batted .394 and was 36-41 in stolen bases at  Panola Junior College. He also robbed someone of a homer in the fall World Series.  He sounds like the prototypical lead off hitter.

SPAL

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 10, 2015, 04:05:06 pm
I haven't been to any games but last year Arledge batted .394 and was 36-41 in stolen bases at  Panola Junior College. He also robbed someone of a homer in the fall World Series.  He sounds like the prototypical lead off hitter.
it was Shaddy he robbed and it was a missile. He looked like otis Nixon timing it perfectly.

bulldog04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 10, 2015, 04:15:59 pm
it was Shaddy he robbed and it was a missile. He looked like otis Nixon timing it perfectly.
Yeah that's right.  I remember him getting a hard time in Twitter.  They were telling him he needed to hit the weight room