Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Baseball Schedule

Started by jry04, September 23, 2015, 02:29:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Looking like a pretty tough schedule. I love it, because I personally think we will have one of our most balanced teams this season if everyone stays healthy and develops like we hope.

According to Matt Jones of the ADG on twitter, the Hogs will play the following games, with more to be announced in the future:

Houston College Classic @ Minute Made Park
Texas Tech, Houston, & Rice.

Midweek series with Oklahoma State
Midweek @ Memphis
Midweek v ULM in LR

Home SEC series with Florida, A&M, Alabama, Auburn, and Missouri.

No idea if the following site has any credibility, but they say we play Creighton, Gonzaga, Missouri State, Charleston Southern, and College of Charleston as well. It also says we play TCU instead of Houston, whereas Matt Jones says the opposite.

http://www.hognation.net/hog-baseball/schedule-and-results/razorback-baseball-schedule-2016/

ricepig

We know we host Creighton as that was part of our agreement to go up their last year. I know we are home and home with Mizzou St, the other's sound good to me.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Love the midweek OSU series.

Just hoping the weather cooperates a little better at the beginning of the season, than it did last season.

bulldog04

I wonder if CBB and Kliff will make the Texas Tech game.  Seriously though, didn't Dale Harpeneau's son go to Tech?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ricepig on September 23, 2015, 06:45:17 pm
We know we host Creighton as that was part of our agreement to go up their last year. I know we are home and home with Mizzou St, the other's sound good to me.

I think (correct me if I error) that the Creighton game (if it was a home and home as I assume) will be here, the MzzST will be there, wont it?  Wasnt last years game at our place?

I also wonder if the info on the mid week at Memphis is quite right.  This past year we had one game mid with them in little rock and one with them in memphis the following day, why would this year be just one at their place?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

pigture perfect

That will be impressive when we clean house against them.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

flippinhogmana

This from Whole Hog Sports-

http://media.arkansasonline.com/img/photos/2015/06/07/NCAA_Arkansas_Missour_Jone_6_r600x400.jpg?689b03237e9432d372b8e4e059d8b6cfaff1b604

Arkansas will play home-and-home series in 2016 against teams it played in the 2015 postseason, coach Dave Van Horn said Wednesday.

The Razorbacks will play a home and away game against both Missouri State and Oklahoma State next season. All four games will be played during the midweek.

The Missouri State games will be played May 3 in Springfield and May 17 in Fayetteville. The dates for the Oklahoma State games have yet to be announced.  Arkansas won the NCAA regional at Oklahoma State and beat Missouri State in a super regional at Baum Stadium last season to advance to the College World Series.

Other notable nonconference games for the Razorbacks include Texas Tech, Houston and Rice at the Houston College Classic in February. Arkansas will travel to Memphis for a midweek game and is scheduled to host ULM in a midweek game at Dickey-Stephens Park in North Little Rock on April 12.

The Razorbacks' home SEC schedule will include series against Texas A&M, Alabama, Auburn, Missouri and Florida. The road schedule will include series at LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky and South Carolina.
A schedule with exact dates is expected to be released later this year.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

I checked back in our threads on why we played Memphis one day in LR (north) and the next day in Memphis, and why we are only playing Memphis one game this year.  Our games last year with them were at a neutral site (NLR) and an away game at Memphis.  So, we didnt play a home and home series with them. 

jry04

Quote from: flippinhogmana on September 23, 2015, 11:29:49 pm
I checked back in our threads on why we played Memphis one day in LR (north) and the next day in Memphis, and why we are only playing Memphis one game this year.  Our games last year with them were at a neutral site (NLR) and an away game at Memphis.  So, we didnt play a home and home series with them. 
the game @ Memphis was played at AutoZone park, so I bet we do that again this year. If I had to guess, we will probably play ULM in LR, then Memphis in Memphis the next day, before a series with one of the Mississippi Schools.

Razrpig256

Quote from: bulldog04 on September 23, 2015, 10:02:03 pm
I wonder if CBB and Kliff will make the Texas Tech game.  Seriously though, didn't Dale Harpeneau's son go to Tech?

Yes he did.

ricepig

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

January 17, 2016, 08:43:05 am #11 Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:56:11 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
  EDIT2/16/16,        Here is a link to the schedule that shows which games are on SECnetwork+ or Watchespn and which games are on TV as of 2/16/16.
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/schedule/

2016 Razorback schedule
* SEC games                                                                                                          TV             
HOME  Fri, Feb. 19   Central Michigan   Baum Stadium  3:05 p.m.
HOME   Sat, Feb. 20  Central Michigan  Baum Stadium   2:05 p.m.
HOME  Sun, Feb. 21  Central Michigan  Baum Stadium   12:05 p.m.
HOME  Tue, Feb. 23  Miss. Valley St.    Baum Stadium    3:05 p.m.
HOME  Wed, Feb. 24  Miss. Valley St.   Baum Stadium    3:05 p.m.
Neutral  Fri, Feb. 26  Rice   Houston,   (Minute Maid Park)    7 p.m.       MLB Network?
Neutral Sat, Feb. 27  Houston  Houston, (Minute Maid Park)  3:30 p.m.  MLB Network?
Neutral  Sun, Feb.28 Texas Tech  Houston, (Minute Maid Park) 11 a.m.  MLB Network?
HOME  Wed, March 2  Louisiana Tech   Baum Stadium    3:05 p.m.
HOME  Fri,  March 4   Eastern Illinois   Baum Stadium   3:05 p.m.
HOME Sat, March 5   Eastern Illinois    Baum Stadium  12:05 p.m.
HOME Sun, March 6  Eastern Illinois    Baum Stadium   1:05 p.m.
HOME Tue, March 8     Gonzaga          Baum Stadium   6:35 p.m.
HOME Wed, March 9    Gonzaga          Baum Stadium    3:05 p.m.
HOME  Fri, March 11  Western Illinois  Baum Stadium    3:05 p.m.
HOME Sat, March 12  Western Illinois  Baum Stadium    2:05 p.m.
HOME Sun, March 13  Western Illinois Baum Stadium    1:05 p.m.
HOME Tue, March 15  Grambling St.    Baum Stadium    6:35 p.m.
HOME Wed, March 16 Grambling St.    Baum Stadium    3:05 p.m.
AWAY  Fri,  March 18  South Carolina* Columbia, S.C.    6:30 p.m. SEC Network
AWAY  Sat, March 19  South Carolina* Columbia, S.C.    3:00 p.m.   
AWAY Sun, March 20  South Carolina* Columbia, S.C.  12:30 p.m. 
HOME Fri,  March 25      Auburn*         Baum Stadium    6:35 p.m.
HOME Sat, March 26      Auburn*         Baum Stadium    6:05 p.m.
HOME Sun, March 27     Auburn*         Baum Stadium    1:05 p.m.
AWAY Tue, March 29  Oklahoma St.     Stillwater, Okla.  6:00 p.m.
HOME Fri,   April 1          Missouri*       Baum Stadium    6:35 p.m.
HOME Sat,  April 2         Missouri*        Baum Stadium    7:30 p.m.  SEC Network
HOME Sun, April 3         Missouri*        Baum Stadium   12:30 p.m.  SEC Network
AWAY Wed,April 6         Memphis        Memphis (AutoZone Park) 6:30 p.m.
AWAY Fri,  April 8          Ole Miss*        Oxford, Miss.      6:30 p.m.
AWAY Sat, April 9          Ole Miss*        Oxford, Miss.      7:00 p.m.  SEC Network
AWAY Sun, April 10       Ole Miss*        Oxford, Miss.     12:00 p.m.  SEC Network
Neutral Tue, April 12 Louisiana Monroe  N.L.R. (Dickey-Stephens Park) 6:35 p.m.
HOME  Thu, April 14      Florida*          Baum Stadium     8:00 p.m.  ESPNU
HOME  Fri,  April 15      Florida*           Baum Stadium    6:35 p.m.
HOME  Sat, April 16      Florida*           Baum Stadium    2:05 p.m.
HOME  Tue, April 19    Creighton          Baum Stadium    6:00 p.m.  SEC Network
AWAY  Thu, April 21    Kentucky*         Lexington, Ky.     6:00 p.m.  SEC Network
AWAY   Fri, April 22     Kentucky*         Lexington, Ky.     6:30 p.m.   ESPNU
AWAY  Sat, April 23     Kentucky*         Lexington, Ky.     6:00 p.m.
HOME  Tue, April 26  Oklahoma St.       Baum Stadium     6:35 p.m.
HOME   Fri, April 29   Texas A&M*         Baum Stadium     6:35 p.m.
HOME  Sat, April 30   Texas A&M*         Baum Stadium     2:00 p.m.  ESPN2
HOME  Sun, May 1     Texas A&M*         Baum Stadium     1:00 p.m.  ESPNU
AWAY  Tue, May 3      Missouri St.        Springfield, Mo.     6:35 p.m.
AWAY   Fri, May 6           LSU*            Baton Rouge, La.    7:00 p.m.
AWAY  Sat, May 7           LSU*            Baton Rouge, La.    6:30 p.m.
AWAY  Sun, May 8          LSU*            Baton Rouge, La.    1:00 p.m.
HOME   Fri, May 13       Alabama*        Baum Stadium       6:35 p.m.
HOME   Sat, May 14      Alabama*        Baum Stadium       6:05 p.m.
HOME  Sun, May 15      Alabama*        Baum Stadium       1:05 p.m.
HOME  Tue, May 17     Missouri St.       Baum Stadium       6:35 p.m.
AWAY  Thu, May 19   Mississippi St.*    Starkville, Miss.     6:30 p.m.
AWAY   Fri,  May 20   Mississippi St.*    Starkville, Miss.     2:00 p.m.
AWAY   Sat, May 21   Mississippi St.*    Starkville, Miss.     5:00 p.m. SEC Network

Neutral  May 24-29   SEC Tournament Hoover, Ala.   (Hoover Metropolitan Stadium)    TBA    SEC Network

Neutral    June 3-6       NCAA Regionals             Place - TBD     Time -  TBD

Neutral    June 10-13    NCAA Super Regionals   Place - TBD     Time -  TBD

Neutral    June 17-29      College World Series    Omaha, Neb.  (TD Ameritrade Park)   Time - TBA

RyeHogFan

Do we have any sort of idea which games will be available on WatchESPN?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 08, 2016, 09:15:10 am
Do we have any sort of idea which games will be available on WatchESPN?
If they are not on one TV channel or another, they will be on WatchESPN, at least that's how I remembered it turning out last year.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=606990.0

DiamondHogFan

Does anyone know where to get tickets for the Memphis game at Autozone?

Dirttrackhog

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on March 02, 2016, 12:16:42 pm
Does anyone know where to get tickets for the Memphis game at Autozone?

If I remember right, just at the stadium and it is general admission lower level only.  Had a great time there last year and cant wait to go again this year.

just checked, you can also get tickets early at gotigersgo.com   $10 a piece and it is general admission.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on March 03, 2016, 05:45:00 pm
If I remember right, just at the stadium and it is general admission lower level only.  Had a great time there last year and cant wait to go again this year.

just checked, you can also get tickets early at gotigersgo.com   $10 a piece and it is general admission.
Thanks.

LZH

I am flying to Fayetteville this coming week to see my daughter. We are going to the Florida game Saturday afternoon, sitting in the Hog Pen. Anyone want to come by and shoot the breeze over a hot dog and Dr Pepper, I'll be the guy in the red/white striped overalls. I am so excited. Woo Pig!