Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Hogs in Pro Ball

Started by flippinhogmana, June 13, 2015, 12:37:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Among other games tonight, Dallas Keuchel will be going for his tenth win tonight against the Royals.  In the fourth now, Astros up 2-0.  Might be enough for Dallas, that about what his era is. 

He has given up 4 hits in four innings, but has also struck out four and given up zero walks. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

June 30, 2015, 08:15:21 pm #51 Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:38:28 pm by flippinhogmana
houston up 3-0 now, scored two runs early on a 2 run homer, this last one in the fourth on a triple and a wild pitch.  Houston still batting with a man on first on a walk and one out.

Didnt score anymore, left two on, but three might be enough for Dallas tonight.  He is throwing the ball well. 

bottom of the seventh now, dallas has given up six hits but no runs, 6ks, and still zero walks.

Dallas did get the win, now 10-3.  His final line was 8ip, 0 runs, 7 hits, 7 ks, 0 walks, a very good evening.  It is a just typical night for him right now that is why he is being mentioned as a cy young candidate. congrats.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

OnTheHillHogFan

Benintendi hit his first professional #Bennybomb today!
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hamsam

I watched Barrett Astin pitch for the Pensacola Blue Wahoos tonight at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile, Alabama versus the Mobile BayBears. He pitched 6.1 innings, gave up 3 hits, 2 ER, 4 BB, 6K. Had a great outing and left the game up 4-1 with a runner on that was his responsibility. 
But the bullpen had absolutely nothing to offer and the Blue Wahoos lost 9-4.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Kevin

Wernes vs Benny the next two days
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

flippinhogmana

Looks like Dallas Keuchel is going to get his 11th win tonight.  Also announced tonight for his first all-star appearance.  Not a bad day.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on July 06, 2015, 09:22:19 pm
Looks like Dallas Keuchel is going to get his 11th win tonight.  Also announced tonight for his first all-star appearance.  Not a bad day.

He's having a great year, and right now he's the odds-on choice for AL Cy Young, in my opinion.   He leads the AL in wins (11), wins above replacement, and quality starts.  He's tied for the league lead in shutouts (2).  He's been a workhorse, too -- he leads the AL in innings pitched and total batters faced.

He's also 2nd and 3rd in AL ERA and WHIP, respectively, but very close to the league leads in both categories.

SPAL

Should be the AL starter for the all Star game. Travesty if he isn't.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 07, 2015, 02:32:27 pm
Should be the AL starter for the all Star game. Travesty if he isn't.

I wouldn't disagree, but it looks like Keuchel is scheduled to pitch again on Saturday.  For the All-Star game Tuesday, Ned Yost might decide to start someone who's had an extra day or two of rest.  The protocol seems to be that All-Star managers don't muck around too much with other teams' pitchers.

flippinhogmana

Logan Forsythe had an inside the park homer last night, his ninth four bagger on the year. He continues to hit well, currently in the 280's and ranks second on the team in most categories, but jumps up to first in average and rbis on occasion.  I thought he had an outside chance of making the allstar teams as TB's sole rep, but he didnt make it.  He is however having by far his best year as a pro.

Wisco Pig

Was able to watch Mike Bolsinger pitch last night against the Brewers on the regional Fox network.  He went six innings for the Dodgers, allowing four hits and two earned runs.  His curve was working well, and was the out pitch for most (maybe all) of his six Ks.

In the end, Bolsinger didn't get a decision, although the Dodgers won the game, 3-2.

bulldog04

Quote from: Wisco Pig on July 11, 2015, 09:46:50 am
Was able to watch Mike Bolsinger pitch last night against the Brewers on the regional Fox network.  He went six innings for the Dodgers, allowing four hits and two earned runs.  His curve was working well, and was the out pitch for most (maybe all) of his six Ks.

In the end, Bolsinger didn't get a decision, although the Dodgers won the game, 3-2.
That's good.  He had been struggling

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

Spoon has been the dh for two games. He is 1-6

flippinhogmana

In a game that involved two former hogs (Keuchel and Logan Forsythe), Dallas took the loss, making him 11-4 going into the all-star break.  Forsythe did go 2-4 in the game.

James McCann also picked up two hits in his game in a losing effect.  McCann is having a very respectable year.

Dr. Starcs

Keuchel named all star starter, just announced.

Kevin

AirForceHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 13, 2015, 12:09:28 pm
Keuchel named all star starter, just announced.

Just read that. Awesome news for Keuchel!
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

bulldog04

Fico got called up to the AA Erie Seawolves

flippinhogmana

Quote from: bulldog04 on July 14, 2015, 08:21:12 pm
Fico got called up to the AA Erie Seawolves

Thanks Bulldog...

Thought I'd update some others as well..I checked on these a few days ago

Minor League Roundup
Triple-A
Matt Reynolds – Las Vegas 51s (Mets)\  hitting in the 270s, 40 some rbis, 5 hrs
Brett Eibner – Omaha Storm Chasers (Royals), hitting about 295, 40 some rbis also, 11hr
Andy Wilkins – Oklahoma City (Dodgers), also hitting in 270s, 46 rbis, 12 hr
Jess Todd – Pawtucket (Red Sox), 4.95 era, 3-3, about 70 ip
Blake Parker – Iowa (Cubs) I dont know Blake's status, the line shows him to have pitched just over 3 innings with a 2.70 era, but he has been assigned to Iowa AAA long enough to have more stats than that so I dont know if he injured, hung it up or what.

flippinhogmana

July 14, 2015, 10:09:45 pm #70 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:20:13 pm by flippinhogmana
Double-A
Zack Cox – Jacksonville Suns (Marlins) hitting 305, 11 rbis, but with 38 runs scored
DJ Baxendale – Chattanooga Lookouts (Twins) 3-2 record, 3.99 era, 65 ip
Nolan Sanburn – Birmington Barons (White Sox) 0-2 rec, near 5 era, 24 ip (was idle for 6wks) dont know if injured or what
Barrett Astin – Pensacola Wahoos (Reds) hasnt been up to AA long but is 1-0, in twenty some innings, mid 2s era
Ryne Stanek – Montgomery Biscuits (Rays) also called up to AA this year, 4-3, mid fours era, 40 some innings pitched.

89ALUM

July 14, 2015, 11:25:51 pm #71 Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:13:49 am by 89ALUM
Don't want to derail a great thread, but I thought I'd just mention this here.

Me and my buddies always go on a baseball trip each summer - this year we hit Gwinnett (AAA Braves), Port St. Lucie (A Mets), Jupiter (A Marlins), Miami, Tampa Bay and Chattanooga (AA Twins).  Without exception I was able to get autographs, pictures and talked a bit with all of the Razorbacks I encountered. 

Spoke with Brian Anderson at Jupiter - he's fielding well at 3B and is the best-looking hitter on the team. 

Got Dallas Keuchel to sign my Astros hat by saying "Go Hogs!" at the Tampa game, and he said he thought the Hogs had a great season and couldn't wait to see how they did next year. 

Spoke with DJ Baxendale at the Chattanooga game after his latest start.  He lost but threw very well after settling down in the second inning.  Nice mix of pitches and frankly he could've used a bit more run support than the one run the Lookouts gave him.  He signed my Razorback hat even though he probably just wanted to go home after his outing.

All three guys were awesome, all seemed very proud to have been Razorbacks, and all three definitely keep up with their alma mater.  These guys were really class acts and I can't wait to see more of my Hogs representing us in the pros.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

flippinhogmana

July 15, 2015, 03:36:31 pm #72 Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:28:17 pm by flippinhogmana
Single-A Plus
Trent Daniel – Modesto Nuts (Rockies) is 1-2, with a 2.08 era in 35 innings, 29ks
Randall Fant – Lancaster Jethawks (Astros) randall hasnt pitched since April
Dominic Ficociello – Lakeland Flying (Tigers) as mentioned just called up, before was hitting right at 300 with 30rbis and five hrs with lakeland
Brian Anderson – Jupiter Hammerheads (Marlins) after hitting 300 last year not having a particularly good year hitting 232, 39 rbs,seven hrs.

Single-A
Jalen Beeks – Greenville Drive (Red Sox) 8-4, 99 ip, 64Ks and only 19 bb
Derrick Bleeker – Delmarva Shorebirds (Orioles) hasnt pitched since early may and currently on the dl
Jacob Morris – Kannapolis Intimidators (White Sox) cant find any stats for this year
Chris Oliver – Lakewood BlueClaws (Phillies) now with kane county (Arizona Diamond backs) has a 5-5 record for the year, combined 74 innings combined 4.76 era, but appears to be pitching much better with KC
Colby Suggs – Greensboro Grasshoppers (Marlins) no stats for this year to speak of, doesnt appear to have appeared since april
Michael Gunn – Greenville Drive (Red Sox) 0-1 with a 4.94 era in 23 ip; 1 save

Short-season A
Eric Fisher – Batavia Muckdogs (Marlins)  267 ba, 7rbis, 67 abs (short season A ball)
Bobby Wernes – Tri-City VallyCats (Astros) you have a link above to check whenever you want

Rookie
Trey Killian – Grand Junction (Rockies) 1-1 record with three starts, 4.50 era
2015 MLB Draft
Andrew Benintendi – Red Sox  you have a link in Beni thread
Tyler Spoon – Red Sox same as Andrew and Bobby above

it seems like I saw someone else had signed a contract out of our last class but it slips my mind.  Thats as up to date as I can bring everyone despite some holes hopefully that helps.  If any of you have info to add, as I said at the first, feel free to add.  Its our thread and their thread not mine.

ricepig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on July 15, 2015, 03:36:31 pm
Single-A Plus
Trent Daniel – Modesto Nuts (Rockies)
Randall Fant – Lancaster Jethawks (Astros)
Dominic Ficociello – Lakeland Flying (Tigers)
Brian Anderson – Jupiter Hammerheads (Marlins)

Single-A
Jalen Beeks – Greenville Drive (Red Sox)
Derrick Bleeker – Delmarva Shorebirds (Orioles)
Jacob Morris – Kannapolis Intimidators (White Sox)
Chris Oliver – Lakewood BlueClaws (Phillies)
Colby Suggs – Greensboro Grasshoppers (Marlins)
Michael Gunn – Greenville Drive (Red Sox)

Short-season A
Eric Fisher – Batavia Muckdogs (Marlins)
Bobby Wernes – Tri-City VallyCats (Astros)

Rookie
Trey Killian – Grand Junction (Rockies)
2015 MLB Draft
Andrew Benintendi – Red Sox (Yet to Sign)
Tyler Spoon – Red Sox (Yet to Sign)

Both Spoon and Benintendi signed and have played. I saw a tweet where Tyler played catcher the other day.

Sueie

I think Tyler was drafted to play catcher.

ricepig

Quote from: Sueie on July 16, 2015, 10:32:18 am

Ok, saw where yours was traded, has he had any thoughts on it?

Sueie

He doesn't really say one way or the other about being traded.  He is 2-0 there as of last night though.

ricepig

Quote from: Sueie on July 16, 2015, 10:54:53 am
He doesn't really say one way or the other about being traded.  He is 2-0 there as of last night though.

Ok, didn't know if the number of guys competing for the same spots was equal, as in talent. Good luck in the future.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Sueie on July 16, 2015, 10:32:18 am

So far according to the box scores Tyler has DHed in three of the four games he has played in so far (2 for 13, .154 BA no extra base hits or rbis).  He did play catcher in the last game (relieved the starter for the last half of the game)

Philip Seaton

Jackson Lowery -- Gulf Coats League Blue Jays

Started at A Dunedin and had it rough it appears, and now with the rookie league team and had a good outing.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=665481#/career/R/pitching/2015/ALL

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Philip Seaton on July 16, 2015, 01:44:17 pm
Jackson Lowery -- Gulf Coats League Blue Jays

Started at A Dunedin and had it rough it appears, and now with the rookie league team and had a good outing.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=665481#/career/R/pitching/2015/ALL

1+ Phillip.  Jackson was the other player that I had seen signed and couldnt remember.  Thanks for bringing this too us.

flippinhogmana

Beni is 4 for his last nine, including a homer and an rbi (he was hitting under .200 before that) now has his BA back up to .250

Bobby Wernes has cooled a bit, now hitting .377

Spoon isnt doing so hot yet, just hasnt hit his stride, hitting about a buck twenty five.

On the other hand in MLB, Logan Forsythe has been doing decent since the all star break, has his average nearly back up to .280, continues to be up around the lead on his team in both average and rbis.

Dallas Keuchel won last night, seven innings no runs, lower his era back now just over 2 runs a game, now 12-4.

James McCann continues to do well in limited playing time (he does still start sometimes, and is hitting in the .

flippinhogmana

James McCann had at least a two run double tonight and
Beni is starting to get on a tear again...He is one for three tonight, but the one is his third homer...up to .256 now pending one more at bat.

jbell96

Quote from: flippinhogmana on July 15, 2015, 03:36:31 pm
Single-A Plus
Randall Fant – Lancaster Jethawks (Astros) randall hasnt pitched since April

Fant got released.

flippinhogmana

hogfan14

Benintendi popped out to Bobby Wernes in foul territory tonight. Wonder how they felt about that one.

Benny was 0/3 with a walk and Wernes went 3/3...Bobby still on fire

Kevin

July 22, 2015, 01:36:52 pm #86 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:31:11 pm by Kevin
Bolsinger works 7 innings, o runs vs Braves today

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Kevin on July 22, 2015, 01:36:52 pm

Thanks, Kevin.   It's good to see Bolsinger get seven innings.  I don't follow the Dodgers closely, but they seem hesitant to let Bolsinger go too deep into games, regardless of whether he's pitching effectively or not.  By my count, this is the third time in 15 starts with L.A. that he's pitched at least 7 innings.

He's now 5-3 with an ERA of 2.79.   Not bad at all.

Kevin

Oliver now plays for Kane county in the d-backs organization

flippinhogmana

July 22, 2015, 06:37:47 pm #89 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:51:28 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: Kevin on July 22, 2015, 01:36:52 pm

Good to hear for Mike-he had a down stretch in his last three starts before this one.  He was 0-2 in them with a no decision, and he didnt get very deep in any of the three.  I was afraid he might lose his spot in the rotation. Good to see him get back in the groove.

It was a good day for former Hogs (at least two more anyway):

Logan Forsythe was two for four with a homer and two rbis now hitting .283
James McCann was also two for four now hitting .286

hoofer

McCann 2 for 5 last night up to .289 on the year. He's been on a tear the past month and only getting to start in about 1 of 4 games.

Kevin

Quote from: hoofer on July 24, 2015, 08:05:24 am
McCann 2 for 5 last night up to .289 on the year. He's been on a tear the past month and only getting to start in about 1 of 4 games.

with the tigers season going down the tubes. they should play mccann everyday, not avila

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hoofer on July 24, 2015, 08:05:24 am

Quote from: Kevin on July 24, 2015, 11:46:34 am
with the tigers season going down the tubes. they should play mccann everyday, not avila

McCann has two hits in each of his last three games and is playing more, like he was when Avila was injured.  Not only is McCann playing well, he has even played a complete game when Avila was also in the lineup (DH).  As I posted before the season began, McCann has class and has always been one of my favorite Hogs.

Hats off to two additional Hogs even more:

Dallas Kuechel is leading (or tied for the lead) the American league in almost every pitching category that a start could lead (not saves obviously).  He leads in IP, wins, complete games, shutouts, starts, opponents batting average against (lowest), etc. 

Also have to this point a career year is Logan Forsythe-He leads his team in BA (26th) in the league, is 2nd in both home runs (10) and in RBIs (40).  His numbers are ever good espcially compared to other 2nd basemen.

Final note, Bobby Wernes has been rotating some games with a couple of hits and then no hits, but he has put together two or three games again with two hits (three games as I recall, two of which he was playing against the Lowell team of Benintendi who still isnt doing so very good hitting in the mid 240s).  His has raised his average back up to .400

flippinhogmana

There were two particularly interesting games last night in the minor league involving former hogs playing each other:  in the PCL (AAA) for the Omaha Storm Chasers (KC royals org) Brett Eibner (CF) went deep (a three run shot,his 13th, now has 52 rbis on the year, hitting .297) in a winning effort against Andy Wilkins 1B (dodgers organization), had a double and rbi for OKC (hitting .268, with 14 hrs, and 46 rbis)

The other game was of course between Wernes and Beni's teams.  Despite his lower average Beni now has three hrs and five rbis while Wernes has hit only singles, except for two doubles and has four rbis to go with his 400 average, but with more runs scored than Beni.

azhog10

Could Reynolds be on the move to Atlanta in the trade for Kelly JOhnson and Uribe? I wouldn't mind that at all.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: azhog10 on July 24, 2015, 10:37:23 pm
Could Reynolds be on the move to Atlanta in the trade for Kelly JOhnson and Uribe? I wouldn't mind that at all.
2 young pitchers are going from the Mets to the Braves
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ucahogfan

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 24, 2015, 10:38:23 pm
Exactly what the Braves need - more young pitching.  We have cornered that market.

And I'm not thrilled with the return for Uribe and Johnson with them going to a division rival, but Hart felt like it was a good move.

azhog10

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 24, 2015, 10:38:23 pm
Thanks. ESPN hadn't said who the Braves were getting so I wasn't sure.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 24, 2015, 10:39:53 pm
Exactly what the Braves need - more young pitching.  We have cornered that market.

And I'm not thrilled with the return for Uribe and Johnson with them going to a division rival, but Hart felt like it was a good move.
I think it was a good move. I mean how much can you expect to get from a 3b hitting .280 with average power who is 36?

ucahogfan

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 24, 2015, 10:44:16 pm
I think it was a good move. I mean how much can you expect to get from a 3b hitting .280 with average power who is 36?
Well, I would have liked to see some position prospects.  Just at the major league or AAA level right now the Braves have as starters age 24 or younger - Julio Teheran, Shelby Miller, Manny Banuelos, Alex Wood, Matt Wisler, Mike Foltynewicz, and Tyrell Jenkins.  That doesn't even include top 100 prospects (or would be if healthy) in Lucas Sims, Touki Touissant, and Max Fried.  Those are 10 guys age 24 of younger that the Braves have under team control for a long time.  Meanwhile on the position player front, we are lacking in OF.  I know Conforto and Nimmo are untouchable in a trade like this, but I think we could have gotten a couple player like Champ Stuart and Ivan Wilson.