Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dak Prescott breaks NFL/Brady, Romo records

Started by OPoraquê, October 16, 2016, 06:07:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

Today at Green Bay, broke the NFL/Tom Brady record for most passes to open a career without an interception (163) and Tony Romo's 3rd place Dallas Cowboy team record for most consecutive passes without an interception (TR had the mark with 174, new DP mark, 176).

(Reason I'm saying this is because last year BA "out-statisticked" Prescott in the game, but U of A barely lost and BA got 4th fiddle in postseason awards.  Last night, the hot young QB from Mississippi barely did the same to his Arkansas counterpart who WON the game.

BTW, I still continue to marvel at the high school QBs who graduated class of 2011: Marcus Mariota, Carson Wentz, Prescott, Brandon Allen, Teddy Bridgewater...even Johnny Manziel.  That was quite a year for talent.)

NuttinItUp

Not sure whether they should even bring Romo back once he is healthy...

Dak Prescott is the man.

OPoraquê

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 16, 2016, 06:08:32 pm

Dak Prescott is the man.

^This.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 16, 2016, 06:08:32 pm

Dak Prescott is the man.

Agreed!
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogs run wild

If jones is smart, and he is, he'd use Romo as he did dorsett. Romo is good, but fragile.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hogs run wild on October 16, 2016, 09:21:03 pm
If jones is smart, and he is, he'd use Romo as he did dorsett. Romo is good, but fragile.

I'm not sure Romo has dorsett's speed or shiftiness.  I for one don't think he'd make a good feature tailback.  But that's just my humble opinion.     ;)
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

Dak is doing a great job, but he did throw an interception, lose a fumble, and put the ball on the ground a second time only to have two Packers roll over it before a Cowboy recovered.  The defense this year has played exponentially better than last year...and Aaron Rodgers is nowhere near the QB he was two to five years ago, or even the first half of last year. 

Ezekiel Elliott is a fabulous back who also broke a record yesterday. 

In other words, a lot of factors are coming together to aid Prescott and keep him from having to produce huge stats and scoring numbers in order to win.  I always think back to the Denver-Dallas game a couple of years ago when Romo threw for over 500 yards and put up 48 points...but the Dallas defense couldn't slow down the Broncos.  Finally, after one of the great QB performances in NFL history to that point, Romo threw an interception and the Broncos won 51-48.  What was the story circulated by a lot of fans and media?  "Romo makes the crucial mistake that costs the Cowboys the game."

Would they have been in the game at all without him that day?

Prescott is 13th in the league in pass yards, yet the Cowboys have won five straight.  How can that be?  Could it be because Elliott is leading the NFL in rushing by well over 100 yards and the defense is only giving up 17 points per game, 6th in the league?  When the offense got similar production from DeMarco Murray two years ago Romo was fantastic and Dallas won the division with a 12-4 record.

Things don't typically occur in a vacuum.

Dr. Starcs

I just don't think now is the time to bench him. He will most likely struggle at some point this year and then you can bring back Romo. Plus it gives him extra time to heal.

Denver did it last year with Osweiler and Manning and it worked out just fine, albeit with a dominant defense.

DeltaBoy

And He winning FB games for the Cowboys!!!  Real proud we got this kid.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.