Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tough Lesson

Started by alohawg, September 25, 2016, 06:59:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

for Hunter Henry today. I know he'll have good-great career but that fumble will sting for a while. Hand in there Hunter, learn and grow.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rzrbkman

Quote from: alohawg on September 25, 2016, 06:59:23 pm
for Hunter Henry today. I know he'll have good-great career but that fumble will sting for a while. Hand in there Hunter, learn and grow.

He had a false start on the previous play as well.

alohawg

Found this on a Chargers board, good stuff.

Gates to Henry Post-Game.

"I learned over time to see light into things that happen like that," Gates said. "I told him my story about how when I was a rookie, we were in Jacksonville and I was going in to score and I fumbled. We lost the game. I told him how I went 10 years after that before I fumbled again. I learned from that. The morale of the story I told him is this will strengthen you at the end of the day."

That was just the tip of the iceberg of what Gates said to his young protégé.
"You didn't do anything wrong," he told Henry. "You were making a play and trying to make a bigger play. You were trying. If you weren't trying, I'd have a problem with that. You played a hell of a game. Don't let that take anything away from the game that you had. You played a hell of a game."

Gates has had countless teammates over 14 seasons in the NFL. A mentor to many, he's taken it a step further with this year's second round pick. In fact, Gates often jokes that had he met Henry prior to the draft, the Arkansas product wouldn't have lasted until the 35th pick.

"From the time I met him, I could see he had all the intangibles. I see him still growing. I jokingly told him, 'If I met you before the Combine, you would have went first round! I would have showed you how to have some personality in your routes!' Now you are seeing that personality in his routes. He already had it all, and now he is just building on it. He is a phenomenal blocker, which is rare to see coming into the league. He's special. He really is."
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Michaelt

Henry came back this week and caught his first TD pass of his NFL career. Good for him to shake off the fumble from last week and get the TD this week.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

alohawg

Thats right, happy for him. Watching a bit of their game it seems Rivers doesn't look for him near enough......yet.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️